Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:51:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you signature campaign posters sell your coins once you received it?  (Read 2577 times)
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:50:38 AM

Just like what the title says. Just curious because your actions in part (although not significant) will also determine how many of these coins actually ended up back in the open market? Let's just be honest here because saying and really doing it are two different things. Just want to find out if you are a true advocate or believer in the system because I saw quite a number in the forum who tells about earning through campaigns, hoarding or even buying the coins to help the price, but is it really true? Or you are just there to earn and convert the coins to buy your phone credits and games pass.

For me all my coins are still intact until today
I don't sell my coins for fiat, I use it as I use all of my bitcoin, whenever I can!

I ordered Pizza again with bitcoin on Sunday, I will be using them in a cafe at the weekend.  The little tops ups are nice, it's like being treated to a meal/coffee once a week.
I pruposely look for the places accepting bitcoin so that I can do this, got to support the community!
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 11:19:24 AM

Just like what the title says. Just curious because your actions in part (although not significant) will also determine how many of these coins actually ended up back in the open market? Let's just be honest here because saying and really doing it are two different things. Just want to find out if you are a true advocate or believer in the system because I saw quite a number in the forum who tells about earning through campaigns, hoarding or even buying the coins to help the price, but is it really true? Or you are just there to earn and convert the coins to buy your phone credits and games pass.

I don't sell my coins for fiat, I use it as I use all of my bitcoin, whenever I can!

I ordered Pizza again with bitcoin on Sunday, I will be using them in a cafe at the weekend.  The little tops ups are nice, it's like being treated to a meal/coffee once a week.
I pruposely look for the places accepting bitcoin so that I can do this, got to support the community!

Its better for the market value overall vs selling bitcoins direct and i guess when your spend the coins the place who accept them might keep a certain % in bitcoin.  We need to develop more wages paid in bitcoin + merchant & distributors creating a circular economy. 
Q7 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 11:55:52 AM

I do not think that amount actually determines the market price. There are only couple hundred of sig campaign users, at best, and the amount we all receive s not sufficient to move the price. No way.

I did mention that clearly in the OP. Like I've said, it's not significant per se but it's more like trying to find out what you guys actually do with the fund. When I read through all the posts it's clear that some of us here sold the coins immediately in order to get quick cash. That won't move the price so much but bear in mind that still means coins getting introduced to the open market.

shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 12:55:58 PM

Its better for the market value overall vs selling bitcoins direct and i guess when your spend the coins the place who accept them might keep a certain % in bitcoin.  We need to develop more wages paid in bitcoin + merchant & distributors creating a circular economy. 

there is no way a merchant might keep bitcoin, they will trade it to fiat because they will need to restock their goods, and they do need fiat to purchase their necesitty which can be obatin with fiat and not bitcoin

I actually sell my earning to fiat right after I receive it, needs some extra fiat to purchase things . So the extra bitcoin from sig campaign goes to fiat directly since im not a believer
flyingplows

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:08:26 AM

I actually sell my earning to fiat right after I receive it, needs some extra fiat to purchase things . So the extra bitcoin from sig campaign goes to fiat directly since im not a believer

Shame on you Tongue
Why even bother? Not big income, but relevant if you ARE a believer...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: