Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:18:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ideas and investments  (Read 943 times)
techhead (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 04:08:59 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2012, 04:44:16 PM by techhead

I've been following Bitcoin for a while now, but I think I'm ready to finally start getting involved.

I'm a big fan of freedom and not having a bunch of people I don't know trying to tell me what I can and can not do.  I think that Bitcoin fits pretty well within that mantra.

I understand that Bitcoin is very much like the Wild West, rife with fraud and buyer beware, etc.  And I've got to say that is part of the appeal in some strange way.  I like the idea of people getting to learn from their own mistakes, of the community building creative ways to protect itself, etc.  and not some suits laying down laws to protect us from ourselves.

Bitcoin has no borders and doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of a single government.  This must have been sort of what it felt like when the "New World" was new.

Anyway, I digress.  I'm excited.  Where should I start?

I'm a web developer and would definitely like to build something Bitcoin related.  What do you feel is Bitcoin's missing link?

Also, I'd like to make some money and quit my day job Wink  Anyone want to suggest their favorite Bitcoin investments?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
droledabin

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 04:20:49 PM

I understand that Bitcoin is very much like the Wild West, rife with fraud and buyer beware, etc.
[...]
Anyone want to suggest their favorite Bitcoin investments?
Dear glory investor of western country,

i is big trustable man from Nigeria and i got plenty business proposals for you in my best country of World, China! You can trust me! I double your investment. 100% win-win situation. Pay to: 1Md3gPUqxpz9QwkghabV2S55wzCbeSrsTu

Thank you
techhead (OP)

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 04:28:30 PM

Haha.

See if you can fall for that, you've got no business on a computer.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 05:26:53 PM

What do you feel is Bitcoin's missing link?

One thing that would be useful is a way people can redeem private keys to a destination address of their choosing.

It is a simple process.

One field is for the input of the private key (which can be scanned using a QR code).

A second field is for the Bitcoin address where the funds are to be sent (also could be a QR code scan).  (or SMS or e-mail address and send the bitcoins that way, or through Coinapult's API maybe?).

So the web app (which works well from a mobile as well) gets these two pieces of information, applies a small handling fee, and broadcasts the spend transaction.  (Use bitcoind v0.7 which lets you create and send a raw transaction)

Easy peazy.    Access EasyWallet.org from a mobile to see a mobile-enabled web site that does 90% of the UI for this:
 - http://www.EasyWallet.org

But nobody has done this yet for redeeming private keys.

There are reasons people wouldn't want to use this, as that private key is now compromised (as you have a copy of it), so a person would never want to use this for an address that they might receive additional funds at in the future.   But for something like a paper bitcoin from BitAddress.org, there is currently no easy way for someone to use that and redeem it and have the funds sent elsewhere.

You could even add features from there that make it even more useful.  For instance, let the user enter how much they want to redeem, and then ask for an additional address for where to send the change.   Or redeem multiple private keys at once, etc.  There are all kinds of uses for a stite (and/or mobile app) that does this.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2012, 05:51:36 PM

I'm a web developer and would definitely like to build something Bitcoin related.  What do you feel is Bitcoin's missing link?

Recurring payments.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
drcoinflip

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 10:22:02 AM

Recurring payments.

As there is no central authorithy and only the client has private keys for the coins only the client could do this.
However it would have to run at the time the payment should occour.

On my wishlist:
"virtual invoice" which can be viewed and payed in your client
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: