Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:24:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The biggest crypto-currencies' IPO  (Read 1304 times)
Namek (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 04:55:20 PM

Hey

Do you have a list or remember about crypto-currencies' IPOs which made huge presales ?
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:02:47 PM

Find a scam list, most IPO shit must be in there
Namek (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:37:05 PM

I found that list but they don't give the amount of coins sold during the pre-sale phase.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:38:32 PM

I remember Ethereum, NXT and NEM whereas the first one has raised the most money, although it hasn't started yet.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 05:39:41 PM

Cypher has a big ICO too.
Namek (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:10:30 PM

Cypher has a big ICO too.

How much ?
BitcoiNaked

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 06:53:18 PM

there are more scams in none ipo coins.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:20:42 PM

Okay, I found some more: Paycoin and Ethercoin (not related to Ethereum in any way). Both has lost most of their value compared to the orginial ICO price.
Namek (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 07:38:50 PM

Okay, I found some more: Paycoin and Ethercoin (not related to Ethereum in any way). Both has lost most of their value compared to the orginial ICO price.

Thanks you for ur help but the thing I would like to know is how much they won in BTC. =D
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 11:07:40 AM

SYScoin had a huge IPO, then Ryan ran off with most of it.

Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 11:52:03 AM

Nxt raised a small amount of BTC: 21 BTC in total

https://blockchain.info/address/1BCN1ugdKdWd9pQ8Am9hMhtHZfmbXzxE8a (some sent after deadline IIRC)

Taken from the OP of: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:09:01 PM

Nxt raised a small amount of BTC: 21 BTC in total

https://blockchain.info/address/1BCN1ugdKdWd9pQ8Am9hMhtHZfmbXzxE8a (some sent after deadline IIRC)

Taken from the OP of: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303898.0

It is the largest PoS coin now.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:57:25 PM

Ethereum is the largest.
I can't wait when it start to trade in the altcoin market.
I sense that people will shout scam after the coin is released.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:58:26 PM

SYScoin had a huge IPO, then Ryan ran off with most of it.

Just pointing cause the way you wrote it down might look ambiguous: Ryan "Molaah" Kennedy (Mintpal) was the escrow of the IPO and ran off with the funds; the SYS dev team is still there from the beginning working their ass off and yet delivering every point of their roadmap so far.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
cryptic4000

Activity: 451
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:59:40 PM

melotic exchange has a blog post about biggest IPO's

http://blog.melotic.com/2015/01/06/18-months-of-token-presales-a-review/

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:12:12 PM

This is sadly accurate, with one big exception: Maidsafe. That was the only legit IPO, that in fact deserved way more than 6 million dollars. It's simply the best thing ever in crypto, probably even better than BTC itself. The impact on society will be nuts once it all gets operative. BTC and MAID will pave the way for the true decentralization revolution.
satashito

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:26:38 PM

I remember usbcoin.
They collected around 90 btc and ran away
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:27:37 PM

This is sadly accurate, with one big exception: Maidsafe. That was the only legit IPO, that in fact deserved way more than 6 million dollars. It's simply the best thing ever in crypto, probably even better than BTC itself. The impact on society will be nuts once it all gets operative. BTC and MAID will pave the way for the true decentralization revolution.
Maidsafe coin and Master coin pump? fair? blah blah
Namek (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:08:05 PM

melotic exchange has a blog post about biggest IPO's

http://blog.melotic.com/2015/01/06/18-months-of-token-presales-a-review/

thank. this is what i was looking for .

do you know  why bitBay made such a huge presale? its an altcoin...
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 07:12:29 PM

There was a whole whack of IPO coins a year and more ago. There are still loads of them but I don't pay attention.

I bought:

Quebeccoin. Made a small profit but it was abandoned by the dev (ran off with IPO funds). In other words; SCAM.
Bitcoinplus. I made big money on this one. First exchange hosted IPO that I know of. Later abandoned by the dev (ran off with the money).
Limecoin or limecoin light. Lost some money. Coin was dumped hard when trading started. Later abandoned.

"dumped hard" when trading started would continue to be the trend with following IPOs.

IPO is easy money for scammers. Even if its not a full blown scam why would a developer worry about producing anything once he has the money in his pocket? Write a little code once in awhile to make it look good while he's laying on a beach in the Baja.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: