Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:16:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to create your own Xapo bitcoin faucet  (Read 3587 times)
goldkey0070

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:09:59 PM

Want to make your own Xapo-enabled faucet? Here is a tutorial!

How To Make Your Own Free Xapo Bitcoin Faucet

I have made a faucet with your instructions but i think the script is bad   go here  dimensionalbtc.ddns.net and try and get a payment and look what happens. maybe you can help me and tell me what the problem is....
makebucks (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 08:47:52 PM

I have made a faucet with your instructions but i think the script is bad   go here  dimensionalbtc.ddns.net and try and get a payment and look what happens. maybe you can help me and tell me what the problem is....

Hi!

I am sorry you are having trouble with this. I will do what I can to help, although I am not sure what could be causing this.

First, is your Xapo app "Redirect URI" set to your site's URL? It looks like it is, but I thought it might be worth double checking. And it might be worth checking to make sure none of your keys have any extra spaces or anything, although I doubt that is it, too.

Did you make any changes to any of the .php files?

I am trying to change my own script / app to see if I can duplicate the message your site gives. I hope that we can get this fixed for you!
goldkey0070

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:13:27 PM

Hi!

I am sorry you are having trouble with this. I will do what I can to help, although I am not sure what could be causing this.

First, is your Xapo app "Redirect URI" set to your site's URL? It looks like it is, but I thought it might be worth double checking. And it might be worth checking to make sure none of your keys have any extra spaces or anything, although I doubt that is it, too.

Did you make any changes to any of the .php files?

I am trying to change my own script / app to see if I can duplicate the message your site gives. I hope that we can get this fixed for you!

No i did not make any changes and both URI and URL in the app is the same...keys are ok as well. i am getting these two errors in the admin page but the admin page still loads and saves my input
makebucks (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 12:01:28 AM

I am sorry, I am really having trouble figuring out what this could be. The admin error appears to have something to do with "admin_message_html", but I don't know what to do with that.

Did you try running it on Byethost, or a similar free host? I am not sure if using ddns could have an effect or not.

Sorry this is not more helpful...
goldkey0070

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:07:22 AM

I am sorry, I am really having trouble figuring out what this could be. The admin error appears to have something to do with "admin_message_html", but I don't know what to do with that.

Did you try running it on Byethost, or a similar free host? I am not sure if using ddns could have an effect or not.

i was thinking that too  do you have a link to a free host to just test out the problem?
goldkey0070

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:13:05 AM

i am using wamp as the server and i was using paytoshi script and it worked fine. maybe because im using wamp the script doesn't recognize the path???  but i cant read what the error is saying can you?
makebucks (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 12:19:35 AM

Sorry, I do not understand the error. Here is a free host that I know works, though: https://byethost.com/
That is where some of the screenshots in the guide are from.
You could also try http://www.000webhost.com/, but my personal experience with them is that things did not quite ever work how I wanted them to.
Please let us know if you get different results with a free host!
goldkey0070

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:05:06 AM

Sorry, I do not understand the error. Here is a free host that I know works, though: https://byethost.com/
You could also try http://www.000webhost.com/, but my personal experience with them is that things did not quite ever work how I wanted them to.
its not the host its the coding and i dont know how to fix it ...what is your sites url?
goldkey0070

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 01:23:14 AM

I have now contacted Xapo for support on this matter. i have tried to contact the maker of that script but i have gotten no response yet. I'll keep everyone posted as to what the problem was and how to fix if i get it fix at all......Xapo seems to have the best faucets so i am desperately trying to fix this.
I wonder if they will have another script or if they know what the problem is... Huh
makebucks (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 01:50:10 AM

I have now contacted Xapo for support on this matter. i have tried to contact the maker of that script but i have gotten no response yet. I'll keep everyone posted as to what the problem was and how to fix if i get it fix at all......Xapo seems to have the best faucets so i am desperately trying to fix this.
I wonder if they will have another script or if they know what the problem is... Huh

The script is being updated fairly regularly, so it is possible that it will be fixed. I think it has been updated once or twice already since I wrote that tutorial, so I do not know if that might be making a difference.

The site that I created to show it in action is here: http://makebucks.byethost12.com/
goldkey0070

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:05:19 AM

The script is being updated fairly regularly, so it is possible that it will be fixed. I think it has been updated once or twice already since I wrote that tutorial, so I do not know if that might be making a difference.

The site that I created to show it in action is here: http://makebucks.byethost12.com/
Yea he updated 2 days before i downloaded it.  i wonder if he just created a bug. He was updating the keys making them less vulnerable because someone complained they got hacked so he fixed it supposedly but i bet he didnt fix it completely. i code so i know how that goes. the problem with me is i don't know how api's work nor how to code them or i would fix it myself
makebucks (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 02:15:08 AM

Yea he updated 2 days before i downloaded it.  i wonder if he just created a bug. He was updating the keys making them less vulnerable because someone complained they got hacked so he fixed it supposedly but i bet he didnt fix it completely. i code so i know how that goes. the problem with me is i don't know how api's work nor how to code them or i would fix it myself

Good chance that this will once again be no help, but just in case -- you can download the version that I used if you go to https://github.com/chipshotDEV/Faucet-Builder/tree/a3b8f3efa477e0e590f45456392b841bfcc2a0f8, and "Download ZIP" from there.
goldkey0070

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:30:51 AM

Good chance that this will once again be no help, but just in case -- you can download the version that I used if you go to https://github.com/chipshotDEV/Faucet-Builder/tree/a3b8f3efa477e0e590f45456392b841bfcc2a0f8, and "Download ZIP" from there.
  That is where i got it from.. i just messaged him in there in the issue,wrote that  error code. i've also emailed him about 4 days ago but no response its too bad i just can't use a faucetbox script and just change the keys and just take faucetbox name off the script which is really not that hard
goldkey0070

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:33:24 AM

sorry it says he updated 12 days ago  lets see if he responds
goldkey0070

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:49:54 PM

ok the programmers have been contacted and i am now waiting for a response. i have gotten 2 emails on the matter and i will keep this thread updated
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 02:27:45 PM

Lately I see many people are talking about Xapo faucet. Can someone please tell me why ? What is the specialty of a Xapo faucet ?

Xapo faucets hook straight up to your Xapo wallet, so there are fewer fees involved. This is one of the reasons many Xapo faucets pay more.

I see the reasons as: (1) free, off-chain transactions from Xapo-to-Xapo and (2) Xapo's affiliate program. Two things I'm not necessarily in favor of but oh well.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:50:52 AM

How much money could you expect to make running a faucet? Let's assume you have decent traffic and adsense ads all over it? I used to run a blog about Law School (universities) and could make a few hundred a month ( .edu and legal are highest paying keywords) but I also had some more entertaining but keyword poor sites that earned next to nothing. When my law school blog started earning in the 3 digits adsense banned me.  Cry
Overall, the work I had to put in to get the traffic and original content made it pay like a minimum wage job.
So. My question... How much do you earn with your own faucet? Please include stats like amount of traffic, CTR etc.
Thanks
goldkey0070

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:37:52 PM

Just so everyone knows this faucet syphons money out of your xapo account it mails credits to the maker on every transaction do not use this script . It works in the beginning but then it starts sending satoshi to god knows where. Here is the screenshot of the code that is used to steal. Notice the credit and the email address on line 173 it sends to. This really sucks because i wanted a xapo faucet for some time and i worked real hard on all the cosmetics .If you do get it to work and get rid of that line of code after a while it will stop working and give you this message "unable to process your request" but still the money goes out of your account into the abyss; so the person does not get paid and the faucet owner loses the money. not cool  !!!
FaucetBuilder

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:13:39 PM

Hello I am the creator of FaucetBuilder and script. The email destbogan@gmail.com belongs to me.

Originally I built the script with a 1% fee to cover my time for building this. I published it and had a few friends testing it. This was before faucetbuilder.com existed and was live.

The main feedback from the guys testing it was that 1% flat-fee is not the right way since the APIs were not built by me (they are originally Xapo). So, I took the 1% fee out and launched faucetbuilder.com for free and took btc donations.

I want to clarify that yes my original plan was to charge a fee. But I removed this fee before my script and website (faucetbuilder.com) was officially launched. I am not sure how the script with 1% fee is being circulated since I dont promote on any of my links on bitcointalk or website.

!The script on faucetbuilder.com does not have a fee!

My wallet destbogan@gmail.com has 800 bits (~$0.18) and not much. If you are using the original script with the fee email me and I will return your funds. I am trying to do honest business.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: