Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:23:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litcoin at $1.42  (Read 1642 times)
Mehek (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:18:32 PM

23 April litcoin reaches the price of $1.42 most of the users are saying it os dead but I wont consider it is dead till it reaches 10 cents.
The Litecoin Dev team and LA dev team have got some
pretty cool things coming up soon.
what do you guys say?
Skinnyman

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:26:28 PM

It might not be dead but its been dying for a while. It just doesn't have the merchant adoption behind it and people have realized over time that it's just another alt coin and there's nothing really special about it really.
Mehek (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 09:35:12 PM

It might not be dead but its been dying for a while. It just doesn't have the merchant adoption behind it and people have realized over time that it's just another alt coin and there's nothing really special about it really.
what do you think will people will buy some lits....on this price..???will you?
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:23:12 PM

Only if you enjoy going down with a sinking ship.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
Mehek (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:43:48 PM

lol...right btw nice signatures you have
bitcoin_bagholder

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:10:54 PM

lol...right btw nice signatures you have

Thanks. I'm waiting for Bitmixer or Bit-X to make me an offer I can't refuse to remove my negative signature. At least 5BTC a month.  Grin

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:15:00 PM

It's really hard to say. What would happen if BTC cant figure out the blockchain size problem? Litecoin seems like the most inmediate replacement or at least temporal replacement. I would never count Litecoin as dead until it goes even lower. But yeah, I don't think BTC will ever go throught enough problems that people migrate.
bitcoin_bagholder

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:36:46 PM

It's really hard to say. What would happen if BTC cant figure out the blockchain size problem? Litecoin seems like the most inmediate replacement or at least temporal replacement. I would never count Litecoin as dead until it goes even lower. But yeah, I don't think BTC will ever go throught enough problems that people migrate.

There will be no faith in Litecoin if Bitcoin fails. It's basically a copy of Bitcoin.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 01:40:55 AM

23 April litcoin reaches the price of $1.42 most of the users are saying it os dead but I wont consider it is dead till it reaches 10 cents.
what do you guys say?

The very second it starts making obscene profits again and everyone owns some, everyone will have forgotten all the talk of last week.
"Litecoin is dead" says the one who hasn't closed his short position.

TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:17:23 AM

what do you guys say?

There is a ton of stuff in the works, both on the technical side and on the community side Smiley.

Excuse me, but I call bullshit on your statement Wink. Litecoin is the second largest adopted crypto currency in the world. See Litecoin.com for details. Price is not inclusive of adoption, personal or merchant.

With the halving in Oct, I would. But I am biased so take my statement for what its worth Smiley.

Funny you mention that, Litecoin does not have the same blockchain size problem as bitcoin does.

There will be no faith in Litecoin if Bitcoin fails. It's basically a copy of Bitcoin.

This is very true not of Litecoin but of all alts.

what do you guys say?

The very second it starts making obscene profits again and everyone owns some, everyone will have forgotten all the talk of last week.

hahaha so true.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Mehek (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:11:51 AM

what do you guys say?

lolz....its funny I wanna meet that guy too ;p
satashito

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:38:14 AM

Litecoin going to die.
I think it will reduce $ 0.99 end of the 2015.
Mehek (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:55:14 AM

Litecoin going to die.
no...probebly not...I think afer 2-3months it will rise again
badsniper

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 10:05:54 AM

litcoin or litecoin? if you mean litecoin im sure its not dead, is it one of major coins at the moment like doge and others?
satashito

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 12:29:46 PM

Litecoin going to die.
no...probebly not...I think afer 2-3months it will rise again
There is no reason for rise again.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 01:21:05 PM

Lite coin isn't dead BTC price is down to a record low all ALT coins fell with it as we wait for NYDFS to implement bit license law once that happens the wild west days are over and stability will follow
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1107

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:02:04 PM

Funny you mention that, Litecoin does not have the same blockchain size problem as bitcoin does.

I'm not anti-LTC or thinking it's going to die, but this isn't really telling the whole truth. If litecoin had been around as long as bitcoin, and had the same number of transactions, then it would have an even larger blockchain, because it would have 4x as many blocks with the same number of total transactions. It also doesn't address the block size limit that has recently become an issue for bitcoin, because even though the blocks come four times as fast, I believe the block size limit is twice as small, so in theory litecoin can only accept 2x as many transactions per second/minute/day/etc. If litecoin were to go ahead and before bitcoin and implement some kind of dynamic block size limit (a la cryptonotes/monero), then that would be a feature that would actually distinguish LTC from BTC, but at the moment I don't think smaller blockchain size because of shorter lifetime and less transactions is really a distinguishing feature worth pointing out.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:11:40 PM

Litecoin will die because nothing is being done to promote it to the general public

I mean look at this website

https://litecoin.org

It stills says copyright 2014, its cold and sterile, the average person wouldn't give more than a 2 second look at it.

Compare it to ubuntu.com which manages to wrap a open source OS into something more friendly and inviting, i.e less "nerdlike". 
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:34:28 PM

what do you guys say?

It's pretty damn boring.
uplodex

Activity: 40
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:49:36 PM