Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:28:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gauging Interest on a Bitcoin Arbitration Organization  (Read 890 times)
Braavosi (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 11:24:17 PM

I am gauging interest on developing an organization that focuses on providing mediation, arbitration, escrow, and surety bond services.

It will need a clean UI with backend services, including encrypted messaging capabilities and file transfer system.

It will likely integrate other systems including:

a. multisig generator for escrow,
b. recognition of factom (or other proof of existence systems),
c. automated signature verification for contracts and files, and
d. some kind of 'election' system, whereby a predetermined number of votes by arbitrators will automatically sign for a multisig transaction.

Please respond below if you have any interest in or have any tips on what you would like to see in such an organization. All questions are welcome.

FYI – this project is heavily influenced by (and in fact has been in contact with) the guys behind both bitrated and lex cryptographia.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jxm262

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 03:41:03 AM

I'd be very interested in helping on this.  Was actually just recently thinking of creating some escrow type service for the upcoming Coinbase hackathon (maybe a recreate of ClearCoin or similar).   

I'm currently working on a few projects, but can dedicate some time/effort if you let me know some specifics. 

shameless plug - follow me on github if you want to see what i have currently.

https://github.com/jxm262

I'm working on bitfinex-node and then will move on to the other exchanges, then will aggregate all the exchanges api's into 1 common node module - xchange.js

https://github.com/jxm262/xchange.js
https://github.com/jxm262/bitfinex-node

Regards
-J
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 02:42:31 PM

You may want to check these guys out: https://www.bitrated.com

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
AlanX

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 03:56:08 PM

I am gauging interest on developing an organization that focuses on providing mediation, arbitration, escrow, and surety bond services.

We can help with the Factom integration if you find that solution useful.
Braavosi (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:24:36 AM

I'd be very interested in helping on this.  Was actually just recently thinking of creating some escrow type service for the upcoming Coinbase hackathon (maybe a recreate of ClearCoin or similar).   

I'm currently working on a few projects, but can dedicate some time/effort if you let me know some specifics. 

I am not very technically inclined but am a licensed attorney that is highly interested in blockchain technology and its ability to further polycentric legal systems.

With regard to the hackathon, there may be some interest in creating a signing system so that multiple arbitrators can vote for a specific outcome and then initiate that decision by instantly signing a specific transaction. (this having more of an impact for other uses).

Also, this system can sign a transaction to be included in the next X blocks so that any particular decision could be appealed to some higher 'court'; if no appeal is made, the transaction automatically goes through at the nth block.

For example, a simple multisig transaction is initiated with a single arbitrator which includes a small fee if and/or when a dispute arises. If the decision by this initial arbitrator is challenged, the disputing party agrees and signs over an appellate fee (which includes the arbitrators fee along with a bond for costs that the respondent to the appeal can claim for costs associated with the appeal). The original multisig funds are sent to a new address, cancelling out the inputs and thereby revoking the original decision transaction.

What else specifically would you need or like to know additionally for this project?
jxm262

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 12:53:38 PM

Hey, this sounds like it could be a good idea.  I'll pm you my personal info if you'd like to chat on development.  I think it might be a bit out of scope (too big for me to complete by the deadline) , but it's definitely something I could be interested in for the future. 

Can you give some specific cases of how this would work?  For instance, how would the next level (higher court if you will) be presented evidence from either side?  Maybe a simple sketch/explanation of the process flow would help clarify for me a bit. 
Braavosi (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:48:26 AM

Bump. Will post with further info.
BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 05:33:33 PM

It will need a clean UI with backend services, including encrypted messaging capabilities and file transfer system.

It will likely integrate other systems including:

a. multisig generator for escrow,
b. recognition of factom (or other proof of existence systems),
c. automated signature verification for contracts and files, and
d. some kind of 'election' system, whereby a predetermined number of votes by arbitrators will automatically sign for a multisig transaction.

Please respond below if you have any interest in or have any tips on what you would like to see in such an organization. All questions are welcome.

FYI – this project is heavily influenced by (and in fact has been in contact with) the guys behind both bitrated and lex cryptographia.

hey!

Check out my project www.coin-analytics.com

Code is Open Source.

You can just register to Beta and get instant access with 1 month free subscription to our service.

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄
                 ▐███    ▐██▌  ▄▄▄▄▄  ███▄
         ▄████▄   ▐██▌  ▐███  ▐███████████
       ▐████████▌  ▐██▌▐██▌   ▐████████▀▀
        ▀██████▀    ▐████▀     ▀████▀
         ▐███▀     ▄█▐███
        ▐███▀   ▄████▌▀███
        ▐██████████▀    ▐█▌    █
         ▀████▀▀         ▐█▌  ██
                           ▀▀▀▀

▶  TELEGRAM
▶  BITCOINTALK
Braavosi (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:37:51 PM

Can you give some specific cases of how this would work?  For instance, how would the next level (higher court if you will) be presented evidence from either side?  Maybe a simple sketch/explanation of the process flow would help clarify for me a bit. 

I don't think there must initially be an in depth procedure by which cases are appealed. Simply messaging a predefined email or other signifier may be enough to start the process.

Once notice and a bond has been posted, the remaining multisig holders can spend the inputs and place them into a different fund with a predefined, required number of them to make a decision, one way or another.

BitNow
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 12:35:38 AM

I don't think there must initially be an in depth procedure by which cases are appealed. Simply messaging a predefined email or other signifier may be enough to start the process.

Once notice and a bond has been posted, the remaining multisig holders can spend the inputs and place them into a different fund with a predefined, required number of them to make a decision, one way or another.

Means nothing!

▐█████▄
            ▐█████████        ▄▄▄
            ▐████  ▐█████   ▀▀▀  █▌
            ▐███  ▐███████      ▐█▌
            ▐██▌   ▀█████▀     ▐█▀
       ▂▄▄▐██▌     ▀▀▀      ▐█▌
    ▐██████████████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█▌
  ▐███       ▐███▀▀█████▄▄▄ ▐██
   ▐█▌        ▐███    ▀▀▀███████▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀        ▐███        ▐██▀█████▄▄
                ▐███      ▐██▌    ▀▀███▄▄