Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:23:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scientologists for Ron Paul  (Read 2751 times)
Rarity (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 10:44:43 PM

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/08/26/ron_paul_and_scientology_religion_shows_up_in_force_at_convention.html

TAMPA -- Most people who've spent afternoons walking in crowded cities know what the sign means. FREE STRESS TEST? Here there be Scientologists. The church founded by L. Ron Hubbard took up decent real estate at the P.A.U.L. Festival, an unsanctioned tribute to presidential candidate Ron Paul. Walk past the booth for a new alternative currency in Breckenridge, Colorado (the "Mile High Hour," or "Rado") and you'd see many copies of Dianetics and four e-meters, manned by church members, checking Ron Paul supporters for thetans.

This is pretty great.  Now, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of differences between the two groups.  It's amazingly shameful so many follow someone like Ron Paul who supports legalizing drugs which are nothing but poison that rob the mind of any clarity.  However, I think the article is correct to point out how free thinking Paul's followers can be.  If they can abandon the two party system and think unconventionally, why not consider an unconventional spiritual group with a lot to offer?  I've posted leftist views a lot on Bitcointalk and while I haven't found many converts yet, I have always felt welcomed and felt that my ideas were being taken seriously and thought about, which is always the first step towards conversion.

I think it's great that new free thinking ideas about the economy like Bitcoin can be presented right next to less conventional views on religion.  It's almost like an an ancient Greek forum where all manner of thought and philosophy is being worked out for the betterment of everyone.

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
Rarity (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 11:24:00 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2012, 11:55:36 PM by Rarity

You might be pretty open-minded, but I thought just about everyone else hated those Scientology weirdos. Especially Tom Cruise.

Nah, the Scientology hate is nowhere near as widespread as groups like Anonymous or media like South Park make it out to be.  That the loudest voices against Scientology are hateful cartoon shows and cyberterrorist pedophiles makes that pretty clear.   It's very disconcerting to see otherwise open minded people fall victim to religious bigotry of the type that inevitably leads to suffering among Muslims, Sikhs, or Scientologists.

Besides, I thought Ron Paul was pimping his son out to the Romney flock? What's he up to?

Ron Paul and Romney are very good friends.  You may have noticed they never really went after each other during the debates, there is a lot of mutual respect.  Rand Paul has a speaking role at the convention coming up.  

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
bb113

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2012, 11:29:54 PM

I never understood what makes Scientology any worse of a cult than the others.
nevafuse

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:29:35 PM

Obviously taking snakes, walking on water, water to wine all make sense compared to Xenu and the Galactic Confederacy.

The only reason to limit the block size is to subsidize non-Bitcoin currencies
Domrada

Activity: 254

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 02:13:57 PM

I heard that they torture to death anyone who tries to quit. Some cults will give you a painless death.

DataTrading
TRADE FORECASTING BY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
¦
PRE-SALE SPECIAL  30%  BONUS   
Pre sale starts on 11.20.2017 9:00 UTC
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:01:01 PM

It's amazingly shameful so many follow someone like Ron Paul who supports legalizing drugs which are nothing but poison that rob the mind of any clarity.

If you think you need the federal government to stop you from your desire to eat poison, clearly your mind has lost all clarity already.  I'm sorry to hear you have such little faith in yourself and your own mind, however we can't let feeble minded people like you lead us further into a corrupt prison state, that's why we the people say NO to prohibition.  Ask your parents or perhaps your friends or church to lock you up if that's really what you need, I would rather let you be free to pursue your own religion and accept the consequences of your own actions.  If you are really that out of control you want a cop to watch you in case you go under the kitchen sink for some drano, please I do hope you have help with you at all times.     

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 05:51:06 PM

It's amazingly shameful so many follow someone like Ron Paul who supports legalizing drugs which are nothing but poison that rob the mind of any clarity.

If you think you need the federal government to stop you from your desire to eat poison, clearly your mind has lost all clarity already.  I'm sorry to hear you have such little faith in yourself and your own mind, however we can't let feeble minded people like you lead us further into a corrupt prison state, that's why we the people say NO to prohibition.  Ask your parents or perhaps your friends or church to lock you up if that's really what you need, I would rather let you be free to pursue your own religion and accept the consequences of your own actions.  If you are really that out of control you want a cop to watch you in case you go under the kitchen sink for some drano, please I do hope you have help with you at all times.     

+1000

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 09:06:54 PM

Actually the hatred towards scientology, a vile manipulative cult with no legitimacy in any sense of the word is pretty much world wide and a standard for any person with an IQ in double digits. Scientologists are the lowest form of extortionists, kidnappers and thugs imaginable. Ship 'em all to Jonestown.

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 09:24:24 PM

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/08/26/ron_paul_and_scientology_religion_shows_up_in_force_at_convention.html

TAMPA -- Most people who've spent afternoons walking in crowded cities know what the sign means. FREE STRESS TEST? Here there be Scientologists. The church founded by L. Ron Hubbard took up decent real estate at the P.A.U.L. Festival, an unsanctioned tribute to presidential candidate Ron Paul. Walk past the booth for a new alternative currency in Breckenridge, Colorado (the "Mile High Hour," or "Rado") and you'd see many copies of Dianetics and four e-meters, manned by church members, checking Ron Paul supporters for thetans.

This is pretty great.  Now, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of differences between the two groups.  It's amazingly shameful so many follow someone like Ron Paul who supports legalizing drugs which are nothing but poison that rob the mind of any clarity.  However, I think the article is correct to point out how free thinking Paul's followers can be.  If they can abandon the two party system and think unconventionally, why not consider an unconventional spiritual group with a lot to offer?  I've posted leftist views a lot on Bitcointalk and while I haven't found many converts yet, I have always felt welcomed and felt that my ideas were being taken seriously and thought about, which is always the first step towards conversion.

I think it's great that new free thinking ideas about the economy like Bitcoin can be presented right next to less conventional views on religion.  It's almost like an an ancient Greek forum where all manner of thought and philosophy is being worked out for the betterment of everyone.

oh and if/when a drug pops out that people really believe makes us smarter, will you be for or against legalizing drugs?

you truly are a rarity here

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Rarity (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:43:08 AM

This thread isn't about drugs folks, it was simply an example of the contrast between these two groups, one is against people poisoning minds with drugs and one group encourages it.  I have never used drugs in my life and don't need government help with that, unfortunately addiction is a real disease and some people do need such help.  If you aren't an addict, you shouldn't have any trouble giving up drugs for the sake of public health.  There are plenty of other ways to have fun that don't result in the death of your fellow citizens.  That is the last I will say on the drug issue here, you are free to your own point of view but I would prefer if this topic was not derailed by trolls so obsessed with their drug use they have to reference it in their user names.  You really do need help 420 and I hope you get it someday.

Actually the hatred towards scientology, a vile manipulative cult with no legitimacy in any sense of the word is pretty much world wide and a standard for any person with an IQ in double digits. Scientologists are the lowest form of extortionists, kidnappers and thugs imaginable. Ship 'em all to Jonestown.

As I said, religious bigotry of this kind is all too common against non-Christian religions.  It's a shame people can't grow up and move on from the dark ages where any difference in spiritual views meant people must be demonized and attacked.

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:52:29 AM

I win

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 12:53:37 AM

This thread isn't about drugs folks, it was simply an example of the contrast between these two groups, one is against people poisoning minds with drugs and one group encourages it.  I have never used drugs in my life and don't need government help with that, unfortunately addiction is a real disease and some people do need such help.  If you aren't an addict, you shouldn't have any trouble giving up drugs for the sake of public health.  There are plenty of other ways to have fun that don't result in the death of your fellow citizens.  That is the last I will say on the drug issue here, you are free to your own point of view but I would prefer if this topic was not derailed by trolls so obsessed with their drug use they have to reference it in their user names.  You really do need help 420 and I hope you get it someday.

Oh, this is rich... Let's see how this looks by just changing a few words:

Quote from: GIFT
This thread isn't about ponies folks, it was simply an example of the contrast between these two groups, one is against people poisoning minds with ponies and one group encourages it.  I have never used ponies in my life and don't need government help with that, unfortunately addiction is a real disease and some people do need such help.  If you aren't an addict, you shouldn't have any trouble giving up ponies for the sake of public health.  There are plenty of other ways to have fun that don't result in the death of your fellow citizens.  That is the last I will say on the pony issue here, you are free to your own point of view but I would prefer if this topic was not derailed by trolls so obsessed with their pony use they have to reference it in their user names.  You really do need help Rarity and I hope you get it someday.

Beautiful.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 12:54:54 AM

all hail thou whom almost has 4,000 posts

Rarity (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 01:08:14 AM

Here is another article.  It looks like the Scientology booth was a big success and they found the Paul folks very receptive to their message. 

The booth was busy, filled with Paul supporters getting their thetans checked by Tampa-based Scientologists with e-meters. Copies of "Dianetics" in English and Spanish were laid out around the booth; Darius said sales were strong and the books cost $20 each.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/scientologists-find-success-at-paul-festival

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 01:12:04 AM

As I said, religious bigotry of this kind is all too common against non-Christian religions.  It's a shame people can't grow up and move on from the dark ages where any difference in spiritual views meant people must be demonized and attacked.

Its a cult not a religion.

evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 01:14:32 AM

Pretty sweet orange ignore button you got there, rarity.  Puts you right up there with matthew Wright, bitlane, phinneaus, and all the other forum superstars....you are in great company, keep shining on you crazy diamond.

To be on topic, scientologists suck, and I cant take Paul seriously, sooo...Good for them?
Rarity (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 01:15:52 AM

What makes you say that?  It sounds like simple intolerance to me.

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 01:17:48 AM

Here is another article.  It looks like the Scientology booth was a big success and they found the Paul folks very receptive to their message.  

The booth was busy, filled with Paul supporters getting their thetans checked by Tampa-based Scientologists with e-meters. Copies of "Dianetics" in English and Spanish were laid out around the booth; Darius said sales were strong and the books cost $20 each.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/scientologists-find-success-at-paul-festival

wow, didn't know ron paul supporters were real nice...joking Smiley

Pretty sweet orange ignore button you got there, rarity.  Puts you right up there with matthew Wright, bitlane, phinneaus, and all the other forum superstars....you are in great company, keep shining on you crazy diamond.

To be on topic, scientologists suck, and I cant take Paul seriously, sooo...Good for them?
how many ignores does that take?

CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 01:21:01 AM

You guys will believe the media on religion but not on politics? Seems legit...

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 01:26:08 AM

What makes you say that?  It sounds like simple intolerance to me.

L Ron Hubbard is a god level troll.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: