Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 04:47:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Police Officer Caught Selling Stolen Bitcoin Mining Equipment  (Read 1049 times)
bitcoinaarush (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:22:10 AM

Another officer of the law is entangled with crimes involving bitcoin, this time a Police Officer from New Jersey was arrested in a sting operation selling a stolen Bitcoin mining equipment.

Reference link: http://bitforum.info/t/new-jersey-police-officer-arrested-after-selling-stolen-bitcoin-mining-equipment/862

Do you think that theres more police authorities who are involved in illegal activities involving bitcoin?
Why do you think they became interested with Bitcoin when the government itself is not fond of it?
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1128

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:12:26 AM

This is bad, the law enforcers become the law breakers, many of them easily get away with such acts unless caught red handed or fall under the radar of media, there should be stricter laws on law enforcement individuals, that when some of them gets punished for their crime, others should be very afraid to do some crime thinking of punishment.

I think you should move this topic to politics and society.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 08:42:51 AM

Another officer of the law is entangled with crimes involving bitcoin, this time a Police Officer from New Jersey was arrested in a sting operation selling a stolen Bitcoin mining equipment.

Reference link: http://bitforum.info/t/new-jersey-police-officer-arrested-after-selling-stolen-bitcoin-mining-equipment/862

Do you think that theres more police authorities who are involved in illegal activities involving bitcoin?
Why do you think they became interested with Bitcoin when the government itself is not fond of it?

I think that the police generally are involved in a lot of illegal activities, including stealing bitcoins etc.
Look at them gunning down innocent unarmed people right and left, then pulling over cars because they are in a bad mood, or today smashing up peoples phones because they record them.

They do what they want, they seem to think they are above the law.  (I'm sure most are good people, but enough aren't that the good name has been sullied)
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 01:59:38 PM

The polices have done things much worse than selling stolen bitcoin mining equipment.
snailcoin

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 02:26:50 PM

small line between cops and robbers. Wonder how he got his hands on the miners?
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:14:06 PM

This is bad, the law enforcers become the law breakers, many of them easily get away with such acts unless caught red handed or fall under the radar of media, there should be stricter laws on law enforcement individuals, that when some of them gets punished for their crime, others should be very afraid to do some crime thinking of punishment.

I think you should move this topic to politics and society.
Corruption runs in human nature, thats why I find interesting to have "law enforcers", who is going to monitor the "law enforcers"?
The movie Cube Zero is a nice take on this subject.
Amph
Legendary

Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:47:42 PM

apparently even authority see bitcoin as easy money, they just treat it like cash it seems, how can we regulate bitcoin, if even the police steals it...absurd
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:15:30 AM

apparently even authority see bitcoin as easy money, they just treat it like cash it seems, how can we regulate bitcoin, if even the police steals it...absurd

Regulation has nothing to do with cops/anybody else stealing it.  Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:47:33 AM

I would like to know how he stole mutiple KnCMiner Neptune units.   With all those boxes it and PSU's it seems like it would be one heck of a pain to take.   

And I cant imagine having multiple  KnCMiner Neptune units, but no security camera.  The miner should have had some security with unit's like this.

Still sad to see a miner lose his gear no matter who its to.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:03:24 AM

It is not about bitcoin. It is about the police officers, how can the law enforce the police officers to conduct themselves in a legal and accepted way? Police officers is not gang or criminals, should have proper behaviors.
Amph
Legendary

Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:04:09 AM

It is not about bitcoin. It is about the police officers, how can the law enforce the police officers to conduct themselves in a legal and accepted way? Police officers is not gang or criminals, should have proper behaviors.

well i didn't say that is about bitcoin, but that those behaviors will delay the bitcoin adoption, if even police can't control their thirst for thief....
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:04:47 AM

at least it's not a child, or a woman... must be the least corrupt cop in America.

money is faster...
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 06:19:24 AM

at least it's not a child, or a woman... must be the least corrupt cop in America.

In the future, will the new standard for police be that if they hit you with their cars at under 50mph, they aren't such bad guys?
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 06:21:46 AM

I think there are more, not just involved with Bitcoin, could be anything that could bring money to them.

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:31:34 PM

We all get "shocked" when we see that cops are involved in illegal activities. And yes I understand the ideal behind it, but I think that the truth is that being a police officer is currently just another job. Meaning that I no longer expect that cops should be just people etc, because that is probably not what is moving them to become a cop in the first place. So if people are corrupt in so many jobs, we will definitely find a lot of corrupt cops in the law, because normal people are in that area, and not just the ones that truly believe in what being a cop should represent.

Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:45:48 PM

Even a bigger proof bitcoin is there to stay if cops are tempting to get some...

patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:17:00 PM

Even a bigger proof bitcoin is there to stay if cops are tempting to get some...

I don't really see this as a proof of that. It say in ther article that there was no information that he knew what that was for, and even if the did he was selling it not keeping it for himself. So he just wanted the money.

Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:23:51 PM

Just another thug with a gun and a badge. I wonder how many people he screwed over during his 10 year career probably quite a few.
It's getting harder & harder to tell who's who nowadays...
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:41:51 PM

I don't think its too much bitcoin related. I mean the equipment was for mining but it could be for anything else and they would still try to sell it. But if it helps (in some twisted way) to propagate btc that's all good Smiley
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 12:02:41 PM

I would like to know how he stole mutiple KnCMiner Neptune units.   With all those boxes it and PSU's it seems like it would be one heck of a pain to take.   

And I cant imagine having multiple  KnCMiner Neptune units, but no security camera.  The miner should have had some security with unit's like this.

Still sad to see a miner lose his gear no matter who its to.

Perhaps someone else stole that gear and the police officer "acquired" that stuff after the theft. I can hardly imagine police officers as burglars. Racketeering or fencing would be a more likely scenario.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: