Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:32:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone reckon the value of bitcoin will double in the next 12 months?  (Read 2354 times)
Britman (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:15:16 AM

Would like peoples honest feedback please

thanks
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3261

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 03:40:14 AM

It has doubled in just a few months recently (tripled even for a very short time). It is not likely to continue increasing at this rate, but it is certainly possible that it will double again in a year as interest in bitcoin increases.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
klear

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 04:50:31 AM

it should, and I hope so.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5236
Merit: 13088

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:03:29 AM

I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think the price will go below $6, and I don't think it'll go above $30 in the next 12 months.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 09:27:41 AM

I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think the price will go below $6, and I don't think it'll go above $30 in the next 12 months.

That's only a little over double from where it is right now.  In 12 months?

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

Endgame

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 01:22:24 PM

I think there is a good chance. I wouldn't bet the house on it though
fairgo

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:14:59 PM

My money on bitcoins doubling easily over the next 12 months.....

because there is a lot of active promotion of these over in USA...

so many seminars...so many more new exchangers etc...

and more demand = more price!

and infact simply by more people "holding on to their money in bitcoins" you will be increasing its value....rather then cashing out on first drop of price...

dont get scared...hold on to ur bitcoins...help the rates to go up... (i know i will)

better investment than buying real Gold!!!

DreadSy

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 02:38:45 PM

I'd expect so.

It was only in the last year that Bitcoin was stabilizing in terms of the value. When I was mining in mid-2011 the Bitcoin value was bouncing around like crazy. I think this was because of the inconsistent balance of new-comers to mining so the supply and demand system was a bit messy to say the least.

I have more faith now as the miners that are making a real impact are consistent and treating it like a real business; a real mine. I didn't have the funding, nor the patience to go down this route so I left it to the pros. With steadily growing demand and a consistent supply there is no reason why Bitcoin can't double if not triple within the next year. It's up to the businesses to keep the currency in circulation.

I am currently developing a Bitcoin lottery site so I hope that the effort was worth it in the next 12 months.
*fingers crossed*
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:56:53 PM

Absolutely. Bitcoin will cost more than 2x its current price in 12 months. How do I know? Because I'm involved in the business world of Bitcoin and very exciting things are happening.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 07:06:14 PM

22$ per bitcoin is doable  Cheesy

VogueBlackheart

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 08:11:21 PM

It looks like its on track to do around that well, or better. The waters have calmed over time but are still quite choppy. There's still plenty of speculation ahead. However, a strong growth trend has shown itself, a hard floor has been built, and the critics have been silenced. Hopefully the growth rate of the business/service ecosystem and of the Bitcoin holding community will go noticeably exponential over the next year.
VogueBlackheart

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 08:20:51 PM

This investment is driving the cost of Bitcoin up, but the increasing price is discouraging entrepreneurs who are building the base of the economy (ie. Speculators benefit at the expense of  entrepreneurs work.) 

This is important and necessary work, of course--Speculation is the work of price discovery, and the fact that a speculative profit exists to be made is an incentive for newcomers to arrive to trade Bitcoin. They're pulling Bitcoin out of obscurity and illiquidity into the realm of competition with major state-sponsored currencies--not a task to be taken lightly! Once price speculation has drawn in enough participants and the gains from time arbitrage peter out, we should be left with very stable rates from Bitcoin's perspective. Until then, I don't see the harm in quoting prices of goods/services in, say, dollars and dynamically adjusting the amount of Bitcoins charged based on the present exchange rate or a formula approximating it.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 11:41:15 PM

I don't think it will. I have no evidence to support my position :-)
VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 08:17:42 AM

It's a free market, no one knows what will happen. I'm sure there will be a lot of volatility, but the price will increase over time. There is a huge potential in bitcoin and the only problem is that the system is relatively hard to use and understand for a simple user. So once there are more simple to use clients and it's simple to exchange the fiat goverment money for bitcoin I believe that bitcoin can easily be worth 50-100 bucks.
timeshareafrica

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 08:48:46 PM

maybe you should ask the other way arround, will the US Dollar loose half of its value against the Bitcoin in the next 12 month?
I think it is very possible the way they print the greenbacks.
Almost half of the bTC are already mined.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 09:42:55 PM

maybe you should ask the other way arround, will the US Dollar loose half of its value against the Bitcoin in the next 12 month?
I think it is very possible the way they print the greenbacks.
Almost half of the bTC are already mined.

But the dollar's value relative to gold, silver, crude even does not show the dollar losing value. (though I agree, that may be coming).  

- http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=CURRENCIES&p=w1
 - http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=ENERGY&p=w1
 - http://finviz.com/futures_charts.ashx?t=METALS&p=w1

So if bitcoin is rising against the dollar, as well against other currencies, and against metals, and against even the commodities that have risen quite a bit (soybeans, wheat, etc.) that indicates more is going on than an inflating supply of dollars.

There's no doubt to me that if this trend continues (daily transactions ... excluding common miner-related addresses and SatoshiDICE) that another doubling or more of the BTC/USD exchange rate is likely.
 - http://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions-excluding-popular?timespan=all&daysAverageString=7

Add Ben's resumption of QE (QE3 or whatever they call it) at Jackson Hole, and I'll be even more convinced.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 03:00:40 AM

Bitcoin is a type of investment. Whether you are a miner and 'investing' money into the hardware and electricity spent mining or hoping to "buy low sell high".

Just like every other investment, do NOT invest something you can not afford to lose.

Personally, I love doing 'distributed computing' stuff, having done folding@home and worldcommunitygrid for several years, this just gives you a way to have some fun with a relatively small (for now) economy and the potential to make a few bucks and hopefully learn something and have fun in the process.

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

hawaii350

September 01, 2012, 03:07:08 AM

I am one of those entrepreneurs and will be doing what I can to accept btc in all future businesses for as long as it remainds stable enough to not be putting my self at high risk of losing money.
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 03:12:11 AM

I am one of those entrepreneurs and will be doing what I can to accept btc in all future businesses for as long as it remainds stable enough to not be putting my self at high risk of losing money.

WTF ?

I thought you were a Prince, looking to restore your family's Kingdom..... ?

That's it. Scammer recommendation for you. I must report this. And to think, I nearly sent you 1000 BTC to help your cause.

I will never trust anyone, ever again.

I'm a prince in need of 1000btc to help my familly restore power of our kingdom. With out help you can become royalty and also get 10000000000btc in return!

countmontecristo

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 05:30:10 AM

yes i reckon
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: