Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 02:42:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Race for the Private Key - Win 10 BTC from SearchingForSatoshi.com  (Read 4039 times)
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 02:57:34 AM

Contest: Race for the Private Key

SearchingForSatoshi.com is giving away the private key to this BTC address containing 10 bitcoins: 1HKxytkvHhDvHM4qGiNrrYEh2cYhSp7TjP

This particular private key is fifty-one characters long. An image has been created for each character displaying the number or letter and its place in the sequence. Over the next two to three weeks, all fifty-one images will be distributed around the internet. The first person to collect and assemble them all and import the key into their wallet wins.

Here’s how to read the “game pieces”:

The orange character in the middle of the image is a piece of the private key. The number in the upper left hand corner tells you what position in the key it occupies.

All pieces for this private key will have the same background, which should make them easily identifiable wherever they may be found. Links and clues to the location of newly released Game Pieces will be tweeted, posted, and published on bitcoin related sites. Every attempt will be made to duplicate images of every character. (This won't be one of those games that inundates players with hundreds of copies of one or two pieces and only releases one copy of the piece needed to win the prize.)

Game Pieces will also be included with every order placed with SearchingForSatoshi.com and BitBrew.net before the prize is claimed but purchasing from either site will not be required to obtain any piece of the private key.

Bitcointalk bonus piece:

* Last position in the private key.

For more information (and Game Pieces), visit the following page: http://searchingforsatoshi.com/contest-race-for-the-private-key/

Still around.
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 02:25:17 AM

So.. how are people going with this?

I think I have 6 (I'm not sure if the position 1 = 5 picture is just an example or is an actual piece?)

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 03:09:52 AM

I think I have 6 (I'm not sure if the position 1 = 5 picture is just an example or is an actual piece?)

It's an actual piece.

Looks like you have every one I've released so far, julz. I haven't put out any today but I plan to do at least five tomorrow.

Still around.
jasinlee

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 03:13:20 PM

Anymore posted yet?

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 06:14:35 PM

Anymore posted yet?

Not yet. Sitting in a doctor's office (nothing serious). Give me a few hours.

Still around.
jasinlee

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 06:15:15 PM

Hope you feel better, get rid of the sniffles.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 06:19:21 PM

It's a psychiatrist's office. My family performed a "bitcoin intervention" and forced me to come. (Just kidding!)

Still around.
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 06:22:39 PM

This should be fun, I'm not going to play but I feel like sharing so if anyone wants an 'aid' in finding the next images you could try www.tineye.com and also the new gooogle search by image feature Wink

Good luck!

jasinlee

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 06:25:10 PM

It's a psychiatrist's office. My family performed a "bitcoin intervention" and forced me to come. (Just kidding!)

Hmm.......enabling is fun.....

I will just leave this right here....www.bitcoinaddict.com

miln40

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:41:38 PM

Hmm.......enabling is fun.....

I will just leave this right here....www.bitcoinaddict.com

You just reminded my I haven't played satoshidice today... time to lose another two bitcents!

My primary BTC address:
1M5oZcUzHGT3mzNeA73opLUdSPSpKL5NE3
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 02:49:36 AM

As promised, there are now at least five more pieces floating around out there on the intrawebz.

And here's another:

Still around.
julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 06:52:15 AM

Damn.. it's getting harder. I can't tell if that's a Z or a z  ... and I'm definitely missing some pieces now!

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
live627

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:13:43 AM

Damn.. it's getting harder. I can't tell if that's a Z or a z  ... and I'm definitely missing some pieces now!
looks lowercase to me.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 07:14:14 AM

All keys start with a 5 so this is a given.

Second character is one of J,K,L

Address can be computed instantly with certainty with as few as the first 46 characters.

Address can be computed with brute force with much fewer characters depending on attempter's compute power.

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
jasinlee

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 11:10:44 AM

I dont think there is a program to search vanity private keys yet, not that I have seen.

edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 12:58:00 PM

It's a lowercase z. All the capital letters will extend down to the lower edge of the sofa while uncapitalized letters will only reach "The Dude's" toes.

BTW, are you my "friend" on Facebook? It will make finding pieces easier! (Search for Edd Pastafarian and make sure to mention bitcoin in a message when sending me a request so that I will approve you right away.)

Still around.
jasinlee

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:20:55 PM

Only found 9 so far.

foo

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2012, 02:52:50 PM

What's up with this? Seems like no new pieces have been released for 2 weeks...

I know this because Tyler knows this.
Meizirkki

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 06:57:49 PM

I just started collecting them. 11 found so far. Smiley
edd (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 02:16:29 PM

What's up with this? Seems like no new pieces have been released for 2 weeks...

Sorry about this. Started a new job and have spent almost no time online lately. I will try to rectify this tonight.

Still around.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: