Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:46:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ESMA - Investment using virtual currency or distributed ledger technology  (Read 873 times)
HostFat (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 04:50:32 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2015, 05:12:42 PM by HostFat

http://www.esma.europa.eu/consultation/Investment-using-virtual-currency-or-distributed-ledger-technology
http://www.esma.europa.eu/system/files/2015-532_call_for_evidence_on_virtual_currency_investment.pdf

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/33m0vn/investment_using_virtual_currency_or_distributed/

22/04/2015 to 21/07/2015

Responding to this paper
ESMA invites stakeholders to provide information on all matters in this paper and in particular on the specific questions summarised in Annex 1. Responses are most helpful if they:

•   respond to the question stated;
•   contain a clear rationale;
•   give concrete examples

ESMA will consider all responses received by 21 July 2015.
All contributions should be submitted online at www.esma.europa.eu under the heading ‘Your input - Consultations’.

Publication of responses
All contributions received will be published following the close of the call for evidence, unless you request otherwise. Please clearly and prominently indicate in your submission any part you do not wish to be publically disclosed. A standard confidentiality statement in an email message will not be treated as a request for non-disclosure. A confidential response may be requested from us in accordance with ESMA’s rules on access to documents. We may consult you if we receive such a request. Any decision we make not to disclose the response is reviewable by ESMA’s Board of Appeal and the European Ombudsman.

Data protection
Information on data protection can be found at www.esma.europa.eu under the heading Legal Notice.

Who should read this paper?
Investment products with virtual currency underlying
anyone offering or investing in virtual currency investment products
anyone providing advisory services to the above
Financial assets/securities issued in virtual currencies
anyone issuing or investing in assets/securities denominated in virtual currencies
anyone providing infrastructure related to the issuance, trading, custody or for the recording of transactions or ownership of such assets/securities
anyone providing advisory services to the above
Distributed ledger technology
anyone using or advising others on the use of distributed ledger technology (‘blockchain’) in relation to transactions in securities, whether or not those securities or transactions require the use of a virtual currency

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:28:33 PM

really interesting document.

ESMA:Young institue...
who pay attention to new technology.

ESMA start his analisys in 2011, replacing oldest CESR.

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 05:55:27 PM

i find it quite silly that they are even considering NXT .... there are so many other options like ethereum and bitshares and counterparty. seriously nxt???

i mean i've been reading about it and everyone says its a premine scam...

so i dont know what to believe anymore...

maybe i should install the nxt wallet to see for myself. -_-
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:17:31 PM

i find it quite silly that they are even considering NXT .... there are so many other options like ethereum and bitshares and counterparty. seriously nxt???

Yes, it could be good start before making your conclusions Smiley
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 06:23:55 PM

So the stupid post on reddit is yours I guess?
Yes it be wise to study NXT before making such ridicolous comments.
capodieci

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 04:39:11 AM

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/gallery/haters-gonna-hate/haters-gonna-hate-monkey-big-balls.jpg
gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:40:15 AM

the time for a distributed ledger for investment products would have been about two years ago. Unfortunately almost every single crypto-investment has turned out to be either a scam or a failure. No one who has done any sort of research on the area will see pretty quick that btc investments and securities are a cess pit of scammers.  I can tell you that over the last few years I have lost almost everything I have risked in the sphere.

The tech/platform looks great, its the offerings that have tainted the market. If the platform contained a way for the offerings to be verifiable and accountable, it could be a game changer. Otherwise, IMHO bitcoin securities have gone the way of 1980s era penny stocks...i.e. unregulated and 99.9999% worthless.
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:55:46 AM

seems the window to submit a proposal is by july 21
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: