Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:39:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Twain: "If voting were all that important, they wouldn't let us do it!"  (Read 305 times)
BitMos (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:05:33 PM

my final opinion on so called western dictatorship.

money is faster...
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 09:50:23 PM

It's definitely true and obvious that living in a small state w/ an increasingly concentrated and growing libertarian community like NH via the Free State Project is more ideal for someone that cares about ever having the chance to reduce govt retain liberties that have been lost in more authoritarian states.

All things else being equal, people need to become precinct delegates in their state in one of the major parties and then you have a lot more say at county, district and state conventions over party nominees, district and state cmtepersons, and district and state party leadership. Where I live, each state convention has about ~2500 delegates showing up and then alternates are elevated to delegate status as needed compared to the rest of the 8 million voting population at general elections or less than half that in the primary. So if you're an elected delegate (as I am), your voting power prior to the primary is roughly on in 2500ish and you're typically more around other delegates and can influence others w/ similar status to leverage your weight even further. Or, you can just be that one voter out of the millions and the OP's thesis is spot on.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: