Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 02:20:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from ASICSPACE  (Read 7593 times)
CryptoCoin2015 (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 11:26:54 PM

Anyone considering doing business with ASICSPACE, stay away from them.

Anyone doing business with ASICSPACE, get away from them.

What we experienced with them was and still is nothing short of a nightmare.

We hosted around 100 S5 with them of which the majority has suffered severe damages from heat whilst in their data"hut" (I cannot honestly call this a center).

They never ever at any point in time delivered the contractually agreed upon services, due to a total desaster and incapability of staff and technology to deliver at all, what they claim to be able to deliver.

They had and have network, heat and power issues.

We still wait for the reimbursement of the prepaid hosting services in the height of around 5.000 USD which they failed to deliver even in the slightest.

Robert van Kirk is a nice guy and working his ass off to get anything going at all, but he is not a technician, that could get problems of this magnitude as they are facing them off the table. He should be in a better company than this.

Geoff Smith is probably just asking himself what he has gotten himself into.

Damir Kalinkin is a crook and madman, that should not be trusted at all.

This will only be the beginning of an intense legal shitstorm raining down on them and afterwards, there will probably nothing left of their company anyway, so better get all of your stuff out there before they sell it off in order to pay for all the damages they did.

Feel free to contact me.
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 11:41:24 PM

That's a real shame.

From your posting I surmise that this a legitimate project that ran aground for various reasons, as opposed to an outright scam or fraud. Is that right? Sorry to hear about your damaged S5's.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 12:46:35 PM

Hut? Judging from these images it looks like they are really good prepared. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1036376.msg11178401#msg11178401

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
ASICSPACE

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Feel free to contact me via email, skype or phone!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 01:47:55 PM

Hi! I'm from ASICSPACE and let me add some information:

This customer's miners did receive damage, the cause is still being investigated.

Temperatures in the data center have been elevated due to record setting high temperatures over the past week, but it appears that the temperature control limits on this customers miners were set to "off".

ASICSPACE staff did not manually do any such thing, and we are working the the developer of our management software to see if is at all possible that it could have changed that setting.

We'll update this thread after our investigation.

Robert

★★★★ Bitcoin Miner Hosting! ★★★★ $55/kw-month ★★★★ http://www.asicspace.com/ ★★ Best Prices in the hosting Industry! ★★★★
CryptoCoin2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:58:12 AM

I wanted to give my reply at least a couple days to see, what ASICSPACE would come up with. As expected nothing, as they can and do no not contribute in any way with resolving the situation or the detailed technical analysis. They even could not as they have no longer access to any machine at all.

This customer's miners did receive damage, the cause is still being investigated.

This is correct along the line, that the investigation is not done by ASICSPACE, as they lack the competency to do so. This is done by Toomim Bros. to whom we have relocated the equipment. They have all the means and skills required to do so and work in close relationship with Bitmain to do the detail root cause analysis. One thing is at this stage however undoubtful: The reason is excessive heat.

ASICSPACE staff did not manually do any such thing, and we are working the the developer of our management software to see if is at all possible that it could have changed that setting.

So, lets conclude: If ASICSPACE did not do this, then it must have been someone else from outside ASICSPACE. This means, that ASICSPACE does not rule out that other people than ASICSPACE staff have access to their customers equipment. Interesting.

Well, as it could not have been us, the customers, as we did not have any remote access to the machines at all we are talking about a Third Party here, that is probably living under the floorboards of the datahut and comes out at night to fiddle with Antminers. One possibility.

Or, it could have been due to the lacking technological skills of a yet unknown software developer who is probably called by the name Chuck the Chimp, that the software tools are faulty in a way that they distribute wrong settings or cfgminer profiles.

However, even after two days of investigation, ASICCRAP has not been able to come up with an explanation.

Other than that however, ASICSRAP has meanwhile come up with a new twist:

- they pretended to have found a buyer, who would buy all our machines in their current state for the money we paid for them. Of course, 24 hours later that buyer vanished.
- they now claim, that we did not pay for energy in advance ("if you closely look at the contract") but for maintenance for our machines. As if it would make a difference, which service you did not deliver and get paid for.

Thanks to the contributions of the community though, we are getting a more and more complete picture of their mode of operations, that we are putting together piece by piece to prepare for the big take down.

Stay tuned to learn about interesting topics such as setting up miners to mine into ASICCRAPs pools instead of their customer ones.

Robert

Well, lets see who has the more interesting updates Wink

Maybe we should start a countdown until ASICRAPS ultimate downfall.
jkerrick

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:30:43 AM

I've got some miners there.  I was very happy with them until a couple weeks ago, then I lost remote to my miners and during that the pool rate dropped to almost half. 

But the last few days my miners have been hashing away.  One thing about these guys, when they screw up they are quick to respond with a rebate of the hosting fee.  So I am tolerably happy, at least for now.  I'm certainly watching my pool results closer, though.

They may not be the sharpest guys, but they do seem honest.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 12:04:36 PM

I wanted to give my reply at least a couple days to see, what ASICSPACE would come up with. As expected nothing, as they can and do no not contribute in any way with resolving the situation or the detailed technical analysis. They even could not as they have no longer access to any machine at all.

This is correct along the line, that the investigation is not done by ASICSPACE, as they lack the competency to do so. This is done by Toomim Bros. to whom we have relocated the equipment. They have all the means and skills required to do so and work in close relationship with Bitmain to do the detail root cause analysis. One thing is at this stage however undoubtful: The reason is excessive heat.

So, lets conclude: If ASICSPACE did not do this, then it must have been someone else from outside ASICSPACE. This means, that ASICSPACE does not rule out that other people than ASICSPACE staff have access to their customers equipment. Interesting.

Well, as it could not have been us, the customers, as we did not have any remote access to the machines at all we are talking about a Third Party here, that is probably living under the floorboards of the datahut and comes out at night to fiddle with Antminers. One possibility.

Or, it could have been due to the lacking technological skills of a yet unknown software developer who is probably called by the name Chuck the Chimp, that the software tools are faulty in a way that they distribute wrong settings or cfgminer profiles.

However, even after two days of investigation, ASICCRAP has not been able to come up with an explanation.

Other than that however, ASICSRAP has meanwhile come up with a new twist:

- they pretended to have found a buyer, who would buy all our machines in their current state for the money we paid for them. Of course, 24 hours later that buyer vanished.
- they now claim, that we did not pay for energy in advance ("if you closely look at the contract") but for maintenance for our machines. As if it would make a difference, which service you did not deliver and get paid for.

Thanks to the contributions of the community though, we are getting a more and more complete picture of their mode of operations, that we are putting together piece by piece to prepare for the big take down.

Stay tuned to learn about interesting topics such as setting up miners to mine into ASICCRAPs pools instead of their customer ones.

Robert

Well, lets see who has the more interesting updates Wink

Maybe we should start a countdown until ASICRAPS ultimate downfall.

When you think about that topic then there is a third explaination. What if a competitor sends some miners there and knows they will break because they are changed that way?

The same might go for a scammer who wants to dump useless miners that way in the hope to get a refund.

Of course then a new account would be used for the accusation. Of course there are other explainations for a new account too.

So in fact there is one possibility more than you claimed. Its no accusation, this came only up when reading that topic.

So the miners arent there already and you expect them to find out the problem themselfes? I guess they would wait for Toomim Bros right?

And you claim the rooms are not vented. If the temperature sensor isnt working and the chips overheat then all the fresh air around it shouldnt be able to change anything. So if the temperature sensor was deactivated then this wouldnt have to do anything with proper cooling of the hosting room, am i right? I dont know the type of miners though.

Might be your anger that you write that way. I expect that some of it will flow my way now though i dont accuse, i only say there is another possibility. So maybe you should wait about what the investigation shows.

What kind of miners was it? Did you run them by yourself before or did you buy them from someone and let them send there?

CryptoCoin2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:50:07 PM

When you think about that topic then there is a third explaination.

You are not providing an explanation. You are coming up with guesses based on nothing but assumptions. Not helpful.

How could you provide an explanation? In no way, as you are involved party at all with no actual factual knowledge of the situation.

What kind of miners was it? Did you run them by yourself before or did you buy them from someone and let them send there?

Have you ready anything I have written at all? They are brand new S5, delivered straight from Bitmain to ASICCRAP.

They have damaged them, they already admitted doing so.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 11:24:32 AM

You are not providing an explanation. You are coming up with guesses based on nothing but assumptions. Not helpful.

How could you provide an explanation? In no way, as you are involved party at all with no actual factual knowledge of the situation.

Have you ready anything I have written at all? They are brand new S5, delivered straight from Bitmain to ASICCRAP.

Right, im sorry that i didnt read carefully.

So these were delivered to ASICSPACE directly from Bitmain and are brand new.

I guess there are no other complaints about the temp sensor from S5-Customers?

I would like to read the results of the investigation from Toomim Bros.

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:04:04 PM

How in fuck could they overheat them? You would have to try to do that.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
CryptoCoin2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:45:49 PM

Look at these pictures. What the hell have they done to them? Doused them with gasoline and set them on fire? There must have been beyond 100 degrees C.

https://i.imgur.com/dsKxjPv.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6vZjPbq.jpg?1
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:25:40 AM

Jesus that's bad. I assume there is no warranty because it is human error.

EDIT: Did they not form an LLC and obtain Liability Insurance? People need to ask to see that.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
JaredR26

Activity: 219

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:17:44 AM

Look at these pictures. What the hell have they done to them? Doused them with gasoline and set them on fire? There must have been beyond 100 degrees C.

Do you have more pictures than that? PM me if you don't want to post them.

Because so far those pictures and your conclusions don't indicate much except that you have never held an actual S5 in your hands.  That isn't sheet metal, that is flimsy soft plastic, most likely polyethylene.  They practically deform in my hands when I hold them, and definitely would deform if grabbed roughly.  If it WAS evidence of temperature damage, LDPE has a deformation temperature of 32C to 41C and HDPE has a deformation temperature of 43C to 49C, so there's no "100C" anywhere near this.  Source: http://www.pvc.org/en/p/heat-distortion-temperature-softening-temperature

That second pictures indicates very little about temperature either.  I've seen PCB capacitors catch fire and burn out like that at a variety of temperatures; most of them weren't heat related.  Jonathan should know this stuff too, he's a smart guy, so I am surprised he sent you those pictures as evidence of heat damage.

I'm not saying there wasn't or was heat damage, I'm saying those pictures show jack shit to someone who actually has done this stuff before.  Jonathan is smart; if Toomim is truly as awesome as you say, they should be held to a higher standard than pictures like these for an "investigation."

** Full disclosure - I used to consult for Asicspace, but haven't had any real impact there in months and discontinued my affiliation with them weeks before this incident or even before the DC was filled.  **
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:53:23 AM

One thing that I would investigate is that the internet connection had been lost. If your scour the Antminer S5 OP I seem to remember someone saying that their S5 fan slowed down after losing internet connection but the machine kept on running at full throttle to the point that if they had not been there watching it happen the machine world have burned up.

I do not know how you can prove that this happened in this case but if that did occur then you will have a warranty claim.
Also, scouring that OP, others have claimed that the 80°C fail-safe does not work either.

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:20:19 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 05:34:38 PM by Bicknellski

This user does this on a lot of threads. Seemingly defending the indefensible actions and doesn't READ THE FUCKING THREAD. Careful he might call you an EXTORTIONIST next if you are looking for fair compensation for the damage. Never seen warped parts on a miner like that before WTF? That is some sort of extreme and sustained heating to cause that to warp.

Admission of liability?

Temperatures in the data center have been elevated due to record setting high temperatures over the past week,

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
CryptoCoin2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:25:49 PM

Jonathan should know this stuff too, he's a smart guy, so I am surprised he sent you those pictures as evidence of heat damage.
Jonathan is smart; if Toomim is truly as awesome as you say, they should be held to a higher standard than pictures like these for an "investigation."

No where have I stated, that this is the conclusion of Jonathan. So leave him out of this, unless he himself makes any statement that you can comment on. The blame for misinterpreting or misunderstanding the damage is full on me.

Jonathan is still working on getting to the root of this and especially to find a way, if any, to get the damage repaired. Give him a call if you want, tell him he can release the info to you if he wishes, including more pics.

This is my statement and I have all rights to be fucking angry with ASICCRAP and accusing them of mishandling my stuff in any way I want Wink
CryptoCoin2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:29:21 PM

One thing that I would investigate is that the internet connection had been lost. If your scour the Antminer S5 OP I seem to remember someone saying that their S5 fan slowed down after losing internet connection but the machine kept on running at full throttle to the point that if they had not been there watching it happen the machine world have burned up.

I do not know how you can prove that this happened in this case but if that did occur then you will have a warranty claim.
Also, scouring that OP, others have claimed that the 80°C fail-safe does not work either.

Chances are close to zero to get a warranty for this, as even Bitmain seems to know meanwhile whats up with ASICCRAP.

It was a necessary decision to move quick and void warranty or to leave things there and go the lengthy and probably unsuccessful route of claims and lies and more lies. ASICCRAP would have never handled the return process properly.
CryptoCoin2015 (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:31:37 PM

EDIT: Did they not form an LLC and obtain Liability Insurance? People need to ask to see that.

No insurance is gonna pay for mishandling Sad This would require ASICCRAP to admit to be in the wrong.
JaredR26

Activity: 219

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:34:32 PM

Jonathan should know this stuff too, he's a smart guy, so I am surprised he sent you those pictures as evidence of heat damage.
Jonathan is smart; if Toomim is truly as awesome as you say, they should be held to a higher standard than pictures like these for an "investigation."

No where have I stated, that this is the conclusion of Jonathan. So leave him out of this, unless he himself makes any statement that you can comment on.

This is my statement and I have all rights to be fucking angry with ASICCRAP and accusing them of mishandling my stuff in any way I want.

Asicspace admitted to elevated temperatures.  Asicspace admitted to downtime of your miners.  Great, both facts, not really in dispute.

YOU accused them of dangerous temperatures upwards of 100C based on photos that you didn't even realize was flimsy plastic.  As coinits points out, there may even be a bug at fault that neither you nor asicspace knew about that would have Bitmain share the blame here.

Since you clearly don't know how to evaluate the damage or the responsible party, your accusations are really just going to make you look like an angry asshole instead of a poor mistreated customer.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:35:11 PM

No insurance is gonna pay for mishandling Sad This would require them to admit to be in the wrong.

That is what liability insurance is for. Mine keeps my clients protected if I fuck up. I have never been sued so over time my rates go down but all that it takes is one major fuck up of incompetence and they would either drop my coverage or jack my rates exponentially but at least my client would be covered.

Them not having this is sad.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: