Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:41:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-04-23] Business Line: It’s growing, Bitcoin by Bitcoin  (Read 2018 times)
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:35:53 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 04:25:49 AM by polynesia

It’s growing, Bitcoin by Bitcoin

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/opinion/its-growing-bitcoin-by-bitcoin/article7134704.ece

India, however, has been slow in adopting this crypto currency system. The currency is highly volatile and India’s risk-averse culture is not helping give proper a perspective to people who have always preferred more stable and legally secure modes of transaction. In addition, Bitcoin’s inability to reverse or recall transactions presents a big physiological hurdle. Moreover, the question of educating a first-time account-holder about virtual currency always looms large.

On the other hand, other electronic payments initiatives like RTGS, NEFT, IMPS, and mobile wallets are well established, secured and regulated, which relegates Bitcoin to a miniscule share of the market.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 03:38:23 AM

Really fascinating to see how a single news source having wrong information can make something fact. I remember DNA article on buysellbitco.in ED incident and they said "Preliminary investigations found it to be in violation of the foreign exchange laws". Really dont know from where it came and how they got that information as they never quoted any official statement, because there is not any. But what really happened is after that each and every news article that mentioned incident has quoted same and same thing again. We never got charged with anything.

But this is how media works and I learned that its your responsibility to educate media on your side. If you can not do that efficiently and in timely manner, well, no one can help you.

Anyways buysellbitco.in is going to be operational again pretty soon.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
ctptosec

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:48:29 AM

Really fascinating to see how a single news source having wrong information can make something fact. I remember DNA article on buysellbitco.in ED incident and they said "Preliminary investigations found it to be in violation of the foreign exchange laws". Really dont know from where it came and how they got that information as they never quoted any official statement, because there is not any. But what really happened is after that each and every news article that mentioned incident has quoted same and same thing again. We never got charged with anything.

But this is how media works and I learned that its your responsibility to educate media on your side. If you can not do that efficiently and in timely manner, well, no one can help you.

Regards

When the news was wrongly speculated, you were supposed to condemn by calling the press.Cause of that 'entire world wrote the same story'; reference: http://www.coindesk.com/indian-authorities-swoop-buysellbitco/

At least now also, you call the press( mainly business news channels and print media) and condemn it else it will embrace you always.
buysellbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001

https://www.zebpay.com

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 05:07:01 AM

Regards

When the news was wrongly speculated, you were supposed to condemn by calling the press.Cause of that 'entire world wrote the same story'; reference: http://www.coindesk.com/indian-authorities-swoop-buysellbitco/

At least now also, you call the press( mainly business news channels and print media) and condemn it else it will embrace you always.

Absolutely agreed, as I said in my post :

"But this is how media works and I learned that its your responsibility to educate media on your side. If you can not do that efficiently and in timely manner, well, no one can help you."

But again with time I have learned my lesson now, may be the hard way Smiley

I am not blaming media here and mostly its my inability to defend that time ( there are several reasons for it, but reasons become excuses if result is not in your way Smiley  ). I am still learning and I am sure will improve my understanding over the time.

Regards

Download Zebpay Fastest way to Buy / Sell Bitcoins in India
Transaction processing within one working day and best bitcoin rates | Recharge airtime & buy vouchers of Amazon, Flipkart, Domino's at great discounts
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 08:40:32 AM

Regards

Absolutely agreed, as I said in my post :

"But this is how media works and I learned that its your responsibility to educate media on your side. If you can not do that efficiently and in timely manner, well, no one can help you."

But again with time I have learned my lesson now, may be the hard way Smiley

I am not blaming media here and mostly its my inability to defend that time ( there are several reasons for it, but reasons become excuses if result is not in your way Smiley  ). I am still learning and I am sure will improve my understanding over the time.

Regards

+1 Mahin..
 Another poor article.. Badly researched and seems fed.

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:28:04 AM

Overall, the tone of the article about Bitcoin was positive.
This was a pleasant surprise, given the doomsday articles which were written earlier.
The last article in the Hindu had comments disabled.  Grin
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:14:35 PM

That's true that Indians are not aware of bitcoins yet but the things will change in future it is not going to be same at it is at present. As Indians are not aware about it they don't show any interest in bitcoins but i m sure if a proper workshop on bitcoins that would definitely help indians to think in a different way.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: