Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:58:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What happened to GAWMiners.com?  (Read 812 times)
Mt. Gox (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:59:02 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2015, 08:16:33 AM by Mt. Gox

Does anyone know what happened to them? They were selling cloud mining contracts called "hashlets" a few months ago but now I see that their domain resolves to a generic GoDaddy parking page:

I also remember they launched an altcoin called Paycoin which GAW promised would be worth at least $20 per coin but failed to keep its value.

I see that Hashtalk.org is still working which I understand is connected to GAW but I'm not sure what their exact relationship is. I see that Paycoin.com and their official forums are still up as well.

Is GAW still in the cloud mining business? Did they end up being a scam? Or did they close up shop for other reasons? Even if their altcoin project failed (and it seems to have according to the latest CMC figures), why couldn't they just continue their existing cloud mining business which was already quite popular?

EDIT: I see Paybase.com is working too... Huh

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:03:59 AM

I'm not sure what happen to them. But my advise to you is not to invest in cloud mining. I invested in a few myself.. and I have not get my profit back.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Mt. Gox (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 08:22:00 AM

I'm not sure what happen to them. But my advise to you is not to invest in cloud mining. I invested in a few myself.. and I have not get my profit back.

This advice is generally true but I seem to remember someone saying that the early hashlets were quite profitable. There were different varieties of hashlets for sale and one of them was much better than the others although it was slightly more expensive. Each variety was set to mine in its own pool but one of them either mined in an extremely profitable pool or otherwise somehow made more money than the others.

I think there was another variety that mined paycoins or something like that. I'm not sure about the exact details but I think that one ended up being quite profitable too.

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 09:18:43 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2015, 09:09:41 AM by cooldgamer

Make some popcorn and check out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670

tl;dr hashlets were fractional mining, Paycoin was a scam, now the feds are up their ass

crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:15:49 PM

Are you trolling or what?
Where have you been for the last couple of months not to hear the famous GAW story?

All in all, Josh Garza lied, scammed and misinformed his clients and this resulted in total crash of all of his services. Now he s being sued by a lots of people.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:26:20 PM

Make some popcorn and check out https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1036616.0

tl;dr hashlets were fractional mining, Paycoin was a scam, now the feds are up their ass

I thought they are trolling at the first accusation. And after seeing this news, I can't believe that this is really happening. Kindda sucks for us who ever promote scam site through this forum  Undecided

Where have you been for the last couple of months not to hear the famous GAW story?

All in all, Josh Garza lied, scammed and misinformed his clients and this resulted in total crash of all of his services. Now he s being sued by a lots of people.

and he derserved it !

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
monsterdoge

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:39:43 PM

big company like GAW is dead now , no one believe in cloudmining anymore. all its just hidden ponzi scheme.
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:27:37 PM

the suspicions were always there and slowly but surely Garzas reputation perceded him Tongue it was only a matter of time till Gaw shut down Sad down go their promises and their coin too Sad

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 05:32:19 PM

Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-02-18T05:53:48Z

In case someone wants this domain for historical reasons. you can set a buyback prior to the expire date with many registrars

jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:38:27 PM

Check this one out while you are searching for recent news on Gawminers:

Re: gawminers and shill accounts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033266.0
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:22:50 PM

Check this one out while you are searching for recent news on Gawminers:

Re: gawminers and shill accounts
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1033266.0

It gets worse the more I dig. That guy really scammed hundreds if not thousands. We ll see what s gonna happen but I highly doubt he ll be able to get out of this without some serious jail time.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:56:46 AM

of course he is trolling .. just ignore him
Mt. Gox (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:30:50 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Umm... That's just a link to this thread. Cheesy

You mean this one right? I know it's the main thread about GAW here and honestly, I tried reading it but at 1,750 pages in length, it's kinda hard to understand what's really going on since I was never really all that into cloud mining in the first place so I never really kept up with the latest news. Just always thought GAW was one of the major players in the scene and I'm surprised they're no longer alive.

Ouch. Well that doesn't sound good at all. They should've just stuck to mining instead of bringing attention to themselves with Paycoin.

My only experience in cloud mining is few mining contracts off Cryptsy. I do remember GAW as being one of the more well known companies though. Sad to see them end up this way.

big company like GAW is dead now , no one believe in cloudmining anymore. all its just hidden ponzi scheme.

I guess the recent failures of GAW and AMHash really goes to show that even the most trusted and legitimate companies can eventually end up being scams. Sad

miaviator
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 01:25:40 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0

Y U Derail Main Thread?

Mt. Gox (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 01:53:27 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 02:08:24 PM by Mt. Gox

Those links to GAW on the first post are broken. Sad

So I understand that Josh Garza and his company are continuing to wreak havoc even despite that fact that their main website no longer exists?

What about hashlets? I see that they are no longer being sold but I also see that they are still mining which is bizarre. How do their owners access them if GAW is offline?

EDIT: And their main page now says "Service Unavailable - HTTP Error 503" instead of a parking page:

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: