Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:24:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain Receive Payment API  (Read 532 times)
jmasterson (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 09:42:23 AM

How reliable is their service? Anobody using this? How's your experience?
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 10:59:58 AM

Their service is good. It is pretty easy to setup. If you ask me before I knew about Blocktrail, I would have said Blockchain.info is my favorite explorer and it's payment service is great but after I knew about Blocktrail, it is better than Blockchain.info and it now offers payment API too. So I will use it. Main reason I go with Blocktrail is because of Blockchain.info's corrupted data. It isn't always corrupted though.

Time_DJ

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:41:27 AM

Im just getting started with blockchain.info's api... These tutorials helped alot!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990348.0

I wish there were tutorials like that for chain.com and their api.

jmasterson (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:55:13 PM

I saw this in the API page of blockchain.info

Requests in 8 Hours: 39 (Soft Limit = 28800, Hard Limit = 28900)
Requests in 5 minutes: 1 (Soft Limit = 700, Hard Limit = 725)

Does anybody know what it means?

I plan to query every block generated then get all the transaction details, does that mean I can only query the blockchain data api once every 5 minutes? if there are many transactions in a block i want to query each transaction.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 02:59:09 PM

Im just getting started with blockchain.info's api... These tutorials helped alot!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=990348.0

I wish there were tutorials like that for chain.com and their api.

Thanks TimeDJ!  I wish some of the more knowledgeable coders in these forums would create tutorials. I created those since none existed and I'm no professional just a hobbyist so we could probably learn some pretty cool things if a pro put together some tutorials.

As for chain.com I've never tried them, I'll have to check it out. 

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 06:51:54 PM

I plan to query every block generated then get all the transaction details, does that mean I can only query the blockchain data api once every 5 minutes? if there are many transactions in a block i want to query each transaction.

I don't understand why are you using receive payment API for this use. Can you please clarify?

jmasterson (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:22:02 PM

I don't understand why are you using receive payment API for this use. Can you please clarify?

The receive payment api has a callback url. I'm asking if there is a limit how many callbacks can they make to my site. What if i make a game that makes use of the callback api and many players would play the game, will the callbacks be "throttled" since they have a limit? I hope I made a clear explanation. Smiley
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2015, 07:33:57 PM

You can hit it 700 times in a 5 minute period (two times per second).
You can hit it 28,800 times in an 8 hour period (once every second).

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 07:38:22 AM

The receive payment api has a callback url. I'm asking if there is a limit how many callbacks can they make to my site. What if i make a game that makes use of the callback api and many players would play the game, will the callbacks be "throttled" since they have a limit? I hope I made a clear explanation. Smiley

Got it. I think you can request for an API key which will give decrease your limits.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: