Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:19:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: satashidice  (Read 1093 times)
Thunderbit (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 04:32:23 PM

hi im new and have been grinding out free sites. This is a lot harder than i thought to make coin. im uo to .015  . i was going to try my luck at dice but when i went to make the minimum bet of .001 it said i would be charged a fee of .002  im just wondering how much more i would need or what a safe minimum bet would be to cover charges and such. any advice would be helpfull. im actually trying to build a bankroll to invest in satashidice, but im starting to think my only real option is to invest my own money money considering that i spent 2 to 3 days and am only up .015

thanks for any advice
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 05:16:39 PM

hi im new and have been grinding out free sites. This is a lot harder than i thought to make coin. im uo to .015  . i was going to try my luck at dice but when i went to make the minimum bet of .001 it said i would be charged a fee of .002  im just wondering how much more i would need or what a safe minimum bet would be to cover charges and such. any advice would be helpfull. im actually trying to build a bankroll to invest in satashidice, but im starting to think my only real option is to invest my own money money considering that i spent 2 to 3 days and am only up .015

thanks for any advice

Betting a value less than a penny is not going to work out well. If you are going to play Satoshi Dice with that amount you need to do it all at once to minimize fees.

Sealswithclubs.eu has free tournaments every hour.

Neither Satoshi Dice or Seals are 'investing' though.

Oh, you mean actually invest in shares of the company, gottcha.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Thunderbit (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 05:36:36 PM

thanks for the response. i think i will try seals im not a bad poker player. i might as well exercise my strengths.
 and i made a couple bets to see how satoshidice worked, but i lost them all. i noticed the fees were equel or more than my .003 bet...so unless i got extremely lucky it would have never worked out.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 08:34:34 PM

Seals is a much better way of getting a few free bitcents than the sites that give you dust for free.  The hourly freeroll pays 5 bitcents to the winner and lets you withdraw it immediately.  I don't know of any other site that gives you more than fractions of a bitcent and lets you withdraw it immediately.

As for the fees on your collection of "dust", the fee calculation is quite complex, but depends on the number of separate outputs you're trying to spend and the age of each input.  If you wait long enough, you'll find the fees will go down, but "long enough" may be in the order of years.

It works roughly like this:  you can spend an output for free if its age (in days) times its value (in bitcoins) is greater than 1.  So if you have a 0.005 BTC output from a free site, you have to wait 1/0.005 = 200 days before you can spend it without incurring a fee.  From what I've seen of the free sites recently they typically offer much less than 0.005 BTC per visit, so you'll be waiting longer than 200 days to be able to avoid fees.

One thing you can do spend the 'dust' for free is to combine it with a single large input, so that the average of (coin value) times (coin age) is greater than 1.  So if you can borrow 100 BTC from someone, wait for it to be 1 day old, then you'll be able to send it to yourself along with 99 pieces of 'dust' for free.

But really, just go any win some cents at Seals - it's a lot easier.  Don't expect a decent game of poker in the freerolls; too many people play too loose hoping to get lucky early on and double up, but stick with it and you'll win one eventually.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1015

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 09:38:37 PM

Thanks dooglus, one correction, the minimum withdrawal is 0.1 so you'd have to win twice or double it in a ring game or play the half hour game. The half hour game is 50 to enter and has 100 chips added to the prize pool.

The freerolls are getting a lot of action lately, one had 38 players in it. For a better chance of winning you can try the off hours, like 5am ET and into the late morning. Same with the half hour, sometimes at night they only get 2-5 players you are potentially putting in 50 for a roughly 50/50 chance at 200 (if there are just 2 in).

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 10:11:18 PM

Thanks dooglus, one correction, the minimum withdrawal is 0.1 so you'd have to win twice or double it in a ring game or play the half hour game. The half hour game is 50 to enter and has 100 chips added to the prize pool.

OK.  Still the best deal around in my opinion.  Smiley

The '100 added' half hour game is a great deal too, especially during the quiet hours when sometimes only 2 or 3 people are signed up for it.

Maybe it's worth clarifying that at Seals we play for chips which are worth 1/1000th of a bitcoin.  So 10 chips make 1 bitcent.  This "50 to enter" therefore means 50 chips, or 5 bitcents, which is (conveniently Wink) the same as the prize in the hourly freeroll.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████