Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:05:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLC][CRYPTOSTOCKS] The Microcash Large Asset Fund  (Read 1663 times)
rlh (OP)

Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 04:48:24 PM
Last edit: March 14, 2013, 11:51:37 AM by rlh

The Microcash Large Asset Fund
Exchange: CryptoStocks
Ticker: MLAF
Face Value:
    First 1,000 @ .10 BTC
         99,000 @ .11 BTC
Shares Issued: 100,000
Shares Publicly Held: 330
Contract Updates: Google Drive

Last Updated: (2013-03-14, 7:52 GMT)

Sales of shares for the Microcash Large Asset Fund (MLAF) are now trading at CryptoStocks.  The intent is to raise funding for future investment into profitable Microcash projects while promoting Microcash in the process.

Initially, Solidcoins will be hoarded before the network transition to the Microcash crypto-currency network.  When Microcash is released, the fund will begin earning interest through the demurrage system that is integrated into Microcash.

However, the point of the fund isn't to garner nominal interest payments through demurrage income.  Instead, as the value of Microcash increases (as we believe that it will) the  pool of funds will be reinvested into various profitable Microcash related projects.  Profits will be returned in the form of dividend payments to the share holders of the fund.

This fund is certainly a bit speculative.  No one knows what will happen when Microcash is available.  However, if you are inclined to believe in the potential of Microcash then this is a means supporting Microcash's future while putting your money in an investment that will provide  significant future rewards from the success of the currency.

The fund is being offered in BTC so that SLC can be purchased at the current, under valued price.  This means that when it the time comes to pay dividends, Microcash units will be exchanged for BTC and distributed as such.  For further information regarding the securities contract, please view the official CryptoStocks security page, or our website.

A Personal Quote on BTT from 2011:
"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 04:51:56 PM

Demurrage is income interest? Weird, somehow previous discussions of demurrage had always seemed to imply a currency that loses value not one that gains value. Is demurrage really the right word?

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
rlh (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 04:58:21 PM

Well, it's easy to get a bit lost in the rhetoric from the discussions at the Microcash discussion forum.  It is my understanding that the stagnant account "penalty" is a demurrage (or at least called such) but the penalty is paid back into the system as interest into active accounts.

The process is being setup within the Microcash protocol/software, however, since it's in a pre-alpha state and no SLC have been converted to Microcash, we have no idea what these interest payments will look like, but it will be in place once the new Microcash system is fully implemented.

FYI, I'm not a developer on the project but I am quite active over on the official forum and IRC chat.  I don't claim to know the specific details but I do keep up with the discussion and the official news as it is released.

"I'd be willing to make a moderate "investment" if the value of the BTC went below $2.00.  Otherwise I'll just have to live with my 5 BTC and be happy. :/"  ...sigh.  If only I knew.
rlh (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 05:08:46 PM

I've created a raffle, raffling off MLAF shares.  This is not coming from the MLAF general pool of shares.  Instead, I will be buying the shares for the winner using my own BTC and will be paying them out from my personal account.

Find more details about the share raffle from the thread listed below.

[ANN][RAFFLE] Enter for a chance to win shares in the MLAF security!

rlh (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 11:46:22 AM

The Microcash project has been dormant a while but development has begun to ramp up in the past month.  We may actually see a release!

In the mean time, share holders agreed to sell off some of our Solidcoin funds and re-invest them for a time.  The fund has started to make small profits.  As such, the contract has been updated to allow for small, optional dividend payments before Microcash is available.

If you are invested, head over to the security page or our blog for full details.  If you're not invested, check us out.

Kolbas

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 12:33:26 PM

Cool
BlackBison

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 12:39:01 PM

The Microcash project has been dormant a while but development has begun to ramp up in the past month.  We may actually see a release!

Translation: Realsolid has come back out of the woodwork now that BTC is at an all time high and attracting alot of media attention and crypto newbies ripe for the slaughter.

Just a coincidence though and i'm sure he'll come up with some great story about how he got hit by a bus so was out of commission for 6 months and has only just recovered..  Grin

Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 01:16:42 PM

Translation: Realsolid has come back out of the woodwork now that BTC is at an all time high and attracting alot of media attention and crypto newbies ripe for the slaughter.

Just a coincidence though and i'm sure he'll come up with some great story about how he got hit by a bus so was out of commission for 6 months and has only just recovered..  Grin

I wouldn't hold my breath for him to return the BTC 'donated' to him so he could work on development either.
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 01:30:50 PM

get BTC -> invest them in Scamcoins -> Try to exchange the Scamcoins in a newly appearing Scamcoin -> profit???

jokes aside: are you serious or is this a really bad joke/scam?

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
rlh (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 09:00:52 PM

Yes, I'm serious and this fund has been around a while.

Also, since I'm sure someone will soon try to make the claim; no, I am not RealSolid/Coinhunter/other assumed aliases, but I do know the guy rather well.

FYI, he hasn't conned anyone into the MLAF and, as best I know, he doesn't care about success of the fund.  I've been an active member of the Solidcoin community for well over a year (since the release of SC2). 

I actively contacted Realsolid about 2 months ago requesting access to the private Microcash github project.  It took me a while to speak with him, then the dev who is in control of the github project and to finally download the project and setup the dependencies but I now have all that I need to start  contributing code.

The new BTC rally started to happen well after I started to pursue becoming a Microcash dev.  I know many tend to hate both Solidcoin, and RealSolid, around here on BTCTalk, but my personal opinion of both has concistantly remained "optimistically skeptical."

There are a ton of nay-sayers out there who absolutely claim (and I'm sure even believe) that this is a scam and that RealSolid is taking people's money.  As I stated, I tried to maintain a healthy level of skeptism but my optimism has been grounded in the hope that something better than BTC would eventually come around.  I've not yet seen a single case where I have seen this guy take anyone's money. 

Granted, you may think the entire currency is a "scam" but I know RealSolid's accounts-- there isn't some magic account out there that he keeps dumping "fake" coins into, so that he can sell them to unsuspecting newbs-- it doesn't exist.

In fact, he IS sitting on a massive CPF, which was intended to incentive others to invest in Solidcoins, but he has never treated as his own.  Monitor the transactions from the account, yourself.  You won't find anything fishy about it.  Believe me, if there was, I'd want to be the first to know. I'd quickly jump ship because being a supporter of this project has been very taxing over the years.

Microcash, as I have now seen after getting the code and building it, certainly has a chance.  The SLC community that remains has begun discussing some final details regarding daily interest fees and repayments to active-account holders.  If you have an account and you use it, you will receive daily interest.  There is a certain level of complexity to the full process but to the simple, end-user, the new currency is designed to incentive the use of the currency.

We are also actively trying to figure out how to handle mining in a much different way than all other current crypto-currencies.  Conventional methods of mining involve a lot of processing power, energy consumption an e-waste. 

We all have different motives for wanting to create a different mining mechanism but I think we can come up with something considerably different than the current crypto-currency model which should be better for the network, the currency users and the environment. 

More could be said about the MLAF and Microcash and I'm more than willing to discuss.  If you have something bad to say, feel free to voice your opinion.  I'm willing to discuss issues or concerns but slanderous claims based on personal opinion or information that are not backed by solid evidence will probably be ignored.

In the end, I'm not looking to prop up Solidcoin or Microcash.  I'm looking to help create and foster something that I believe can legitimately be better than Bitcoin or it's derivatives.  Bitcoin has been a great experiment and Satoshi is certainly a remarkable genius.  However, we've used Bitcoin for a while and it's about time that something new, using some of the foundational principles, be recreated that can take the crypto-currency to a new level.

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 08:57:54 AM

in this case, good luck with it Wink

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: