Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:05:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do you get so mad? It's not like I shot your dog.  (Read 2813 times)
JackRipper (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 10:46:50 PM

Why do people in the altcoin community take their investments so personally? If someone goes to the ANN thread of almost any coin and asks an honest question that may not make the coin look good, people become hostile. If they go to that thread and express an opposing opinion, they are treated like the Devil himself.

I've never seen such nonsense with any other investment. Most GM stock holders couldn't care less whether I like GM or not. So why are so many altcoin investors so childlike in that regard? What do you think?

DaveyJones

Activity: 768
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:06:04 PM

Isn´t it the same with people in BTC? .... don´t think its an ALT only problem
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:45:27 PM

Because you're inciting a dump before they can pump.  You're breaking the stereo that plays the music for their bullshit game of musical chairs.  Scammers, the lot of them.  Fuck 'em.  FUD on.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:45:57 PM

Yeah.  I wonder why this is.  And you'll be surprised some of these people are in their 40's with a family and are actually nice in real life.  But on here they act... funny.  Try fudding the XMR speculation thread, you'll see what I mean.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Sylon
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:37:06 AM
Last edit: November 15, 2018, 06:23:13 PM by Sylon

MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 01:17:48 AM

Why do people in the altcoin community take their investments so personally? If someone goes to the ANN thread of almost any coin and asks an honest question that may not make the coin look good, people become hostile. If they go to that thread and express an opposing opinion, they are treated like the Devil himself.

I've never seen such nonsense with any other investment. Most GM stock holders couldn't care less whether I like GM or not. So why are so many altcoin investors so childlike in that regard? What do you think?

I think there are a lot of children roaming around these parts.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:33:19 AM

Yes.  Big burly libertarian white bros children.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:43:50 AM

Altcoins don't get much media attention. Forums are where people hear and learn about them. This forum is the hotbed of activity for altcoin discussion. A coin's reputation can be tarnished if it's constantly trashed on this forum.

Different situation for Bitcoin, it has lots of media exposure, which is why it's more likely for bitcoin bashing to be ignored even though this IS a Bitcoin forum.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:51:33 AM

I hate all these attacks on FUD and FUDDERS, so stupid.

Like you can destroy a currency if you say bad words on a forum lol. It's the defenders of FUD that are the real problem, they are over sensitive about creating a bubble of BS either to fool others or more often than not fool themselves. Any decent coin supporters should say bring on the FUD it won't make any difference.
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:57:26 AM

Altcoins don't get much media attention. Forums are where people hear and learn about them. This forum is the hotbed of activity for altcoin discussion. A coin's reputation can be tarnished if it's constantly trashed on this forum.

Different situation for Bitcoin, it has lots of media exposure, which is why it's more likely for bitcoin bashing to be ignored even though this IS a Bitcoin forum.

No, only an unrealistic potential can be burst, no one can convince anyone a great prospect is crap unless they have some actual proof. maybe they can push the price down a bit, but even that is a service to supporters who can buy cheaper.

The fact is very few coins have genuine potential, even NXT etc only has a few thousand users, it's hardly stable as currency yet, DUH.

My favourite coin at the Moment is GEMS cause it aims to get thousands of users through its app which it has a fighting chance to. IF it manages to do that do you think FUD can destroy it? FUD just pricks the bubbles of BS that's all.
CIA

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:08:02 AM

You hurt the investment. Simple and plain.
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:18:42 AM

No, only an unrealistic potential can be burst, no one can convince anyone a great prospect is crap unless they have some actual proof. maybe they can push the price down a bit, but even that is a service to supporters who can buy cheaper.

The fact is very few coins have genuine potential, even NXT etc only has a few thousand users, it's hardly stable as currency yet, DUH.

My favourite coin at the Moment is GEMS cause it aims to get thousands of users through its app which it has a fighting chance to. IF it manages to do that do you think FUD can destroy it? FUD just pricks the bubbles of BS that's all.

Many people are easily influenced, that's all I'm saying. Coins are hyped and trashed, newbies are reading this forum basing their altcoin investment decisions on this stuff. Don't discount how gullible people can be.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
JackRipper (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:49:21 PM

The coin's reputation takes an even bigger hit though when community members and even devs tell someone with a question or concern to "f*&ck off." Unstable devs make me dump a coin quicker than almost anything else.

sdmathis

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 04:51:03 PM

You hurt the investment. Simple and plain.

Questions and concerns hurt the investment? If that's true, it was a bad investment to begin with.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:54:21 PM

childish scammers act like children..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Chew Kok

Activity: 123

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:07:36 AM

Did somebody mention dog?
cryptocult live

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:03:23 AM

Have you been to speculation section? Have you tried to be bearish for bitcoin there? Same story. The bitcoin bear is the devil. (lol) It's not only alts, it's every coin including bitcoin.
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:37:37 AM

Most alt enthusiasts seems to be a subset of the "core gamer" market. Good luck with those guys.
Mehek

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:06:04 AM

there are allways some peoples who thing they are very smarter form others so they talk with others rudely...dnt worry just ignore them they can't kick your butt...well if we talk about investments then many peoples lose their money on many types of investments so you yourself should get some information before asking to any thread..u should know at least that what are the disadvantages of it
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 11:08:02 AM

Yes.  Big burly libertarian white bros children.

To be honest sometimes I really have the impression that MicroGuy is actually right, and we have big bunch of 14-16 yo guys around here Smiley. Nothing wrong with that, one can not start discovering emerging technologies early enough, but sometimes this can cause issues... Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: