Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:26:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCe action today  (Read 3031 times)
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:16:27 PM

If you find this news, i dont know what to say.

Btc-e has a long track record not only that exchange but most exchange have price manipulation. But, it depends on the level of manipulation, like how mt.gox did it back in the day was with phantom deposits, which can be doing as well.

dannyspk

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:33:04 PM

I enjoy it when Bitcoin does crazy things. Feels like the good old days.  Cheesy

Couldn't have said it better myself.
ensurance982

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Trust me!

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:38:19 PM

If you find this news, i dont know what to say.

Btc-e has a long track record not only that exchange but most exchange have price manipulation. But, it depends on the level of manipulation, like how mt.gox did it back in the day was with phantom deposits, which can be doing as well.

But this is quite a big rally, also it's already the second rally today, even! How do you think they're doing it, actually? If they were outright buying BTC with 'phantom' amounts of FIAT, they'd be guaranteed to go under in the future. I don't think you'd want to get yourself in a fractional-reserve position deliberately as an exchange(!) Just take a loot at "It's a wonderful life"!

We Support Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:40:44 PM

what's up with btc-e it's going up much higher than other exchanges. do they know something we don't? in this rate it can easily reach $300
teramit
Legendary

Activity: 1874
Merit: 1394

The Last Cryptocoin Burner

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:43:32 PM

i just wonder why buyer is doing this on btc-e
if he tries this at bitfinex probably collects with better margin.
any other big exchange has more usd volume so more sell walls.
is there anything special at btc-e that others dont have ? i dont think so, it is worst exchange for a pump or collecting bitcoin especially at these volumes. Huh
WiiD

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:15:12 PM

I think, someone with much money AND much BTC wanted the BTC price to rise. So how he can try this without paying too much? Right, try to pump the price on a trusted exchange with the lowest volume, BTC-E
teramit
Legendary

Activity: 1874
Merit: 1394

The Last Cryptocoin Burner

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:21:10 PM

I think, someone with much money AND much BTC wanted the BTC price to rise. So how he can try this without paying too much? Right, try to pump the price on a trusted exchange with the lowest volume, BTC-E
and people comes with btc that have been bought from other exchanges then price falls, not a good finance strategy with one of the most arbitrageable thing on this universe.
randy8777
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:32:57 PM

don't think so as a smart trader knows it will get dumped down directly. they are not trading to lose money. traders on other exchanges don't follow btc-e. most people look at bitfinex or bitstamp.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 12:53:00 AM

If it were a whale or small group I still can't believe that someone had that much fiat on btc-e. I saw the price go up over $260 and thought there was some news that I missed, just turned out to be btc-e craziness. Was it the magical bullwhale that buys are large amount at market price to pump the price? Seems really odd though, if it were insider knowledge they would have been more stealthy to get more BTC at a lower price.

darlidada

Activity: 723
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:10:36 AM

If it were a whale or small group I still can't believe that someone had that much fiat on btc-e. I saw the price go up over $260 and thought there was some news that I missed, just turned out to be btc-e craziness. Was it the magical bullwhale that buys are large amount at market price to pump the price? Seems really odd though, if it were insider knowledge they would have been more stealthy to get more BTC at a lower price.

it looked more like people trying to get their fiat out of btce. lets hope btce doesnt end as http://www.libertyreserve.com/index.html
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1180

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 01:23:26 AM

it looked more like people trying to get their fiat out of btce. lets hope btce doesnt end as http://www.libertyreserve.com/index.html

Yea it does, why else pay so much over spot price?
Hope that's not the case, I've always been a fan of BTC-e Sad

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:58:38 AM

The pump always starts @ china, so if i wanted to buy shitload of btc without raising the price much i would buy exactly @ btc-e, because people will ignore it
most of the time. Doesnt this sound like a reasonable explanation ?

cheers
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1432

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:23:15 AM

The pump always starts @ china, so if i wanted to buy shitload of btc without raising the price much i would buy exactly @ btc-e, because people will ignore it

cheers

Could be.  But if another Willy was unleashed at BTCe, I'm pretty sure China is watching right now.  The thing is be always ready.  

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
diodio1

Activity: 285

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 03:25:36 AM

cheers

Could be.  But if another Willy was unleashed at BTCe, I'm pretty sure China is watching right now.  The thing is be always ready.  
or may be china is doing it, china is big player behind bitcoin pumps
it can be good for bitcoin if price rise but wrost if btc-e scam

BurHan Alassad
Norther front commander for web security in Syrian Electronic ARMY.
cryptocult live

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:42:06 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 04:56:02 AM by cryptocult live

and people comes with btc that have been bought from other exchanges then price falls, not a good finance strategy with one of the most arbitrageable thing on this universe.

to be fair : the other exchanges followed and price is now several dollars up. I think it was quite a good idea to pump btc-e in the bigger picture. We should maybe all start buying on btc-e to get a little bullrun started? Orderbook is very thin and other exchanges follow. Makes sense to me. Also in case the pumper had 20x on margin long on okcoin or was trading on margin long position he could have made a handsome amount of money.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5079

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:52:01 AM

Yep, major short squeeze.  Someone probably did it just for the lulz.

Shorts are playing Russian roulette right now, the big guns will come in to ruin their day.

Margin longs are equally as vulnerable.
Dps23

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:40:54 AM

to be fair : the other exchanges followed and price is now several dollars up. I think it was quite a good idea to pump btc-e in the bigger picture. We should maybe all start buying on btc-e to get a little bullrun started? Orderbook is very thin and other exchanges follow. Makes sense to me. Also in case the pumper had 20x on margin long on okcoin or was trading on margin long position he could have made a handsome amount of money.

OKcoin and 796 are tricky
. I played and lost lot of money. you cannot go down more than 80% or something on 796 - I mean when you use  high margin - and when you have big position like hundreds of bitcoins in the blink of an eye you loose all, just a 1-2 usd down and you loose all margin, all money which you bet, simply ALL, read their conditions....
randy8777
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:06:09 AM

for once btc-e was the leader in volume and price. great day for the owners as the volume was much higher than normal. they made a nice amount.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 11:23:07 AM

I wonder how many people cashed out their Bitcoins from exchanges like Bitstamp and Bitfinex to sell them at BTC-E.

After their deposit posted on BTC-E the price was back to normal and these people got upset  Grin
Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:34:54 PM

They probably did it themselves to generate volume. More trades = more fees and it makes up for the amount spent in pumping.

agreed! the only reason of a pump

Nah, don't think so. It's very difficult to control how fake buys/sells work out. You, as an exchange, could end up losing quite a bit by trying this. The most reasonable explanation is still, unfortunately, that there'll be a ban of some kind. Or maybe manipulation to create a short squeeze: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1040020.0

but that's more an exception, not the rule!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: