Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:07:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ASIC Miners  (Read 1710 times)
PremiumCodeX (OP)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 531

Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:20:19 PM

Hi there!

I'm writting this post in order to discuss block erupter ASIC Miners of 2nd Generation with 333Mhash/sec.

These ASIC Miners are reliable and good to use if there allot of theses (at least 20 or more).

Today its less profitable due to the difficulty increasing in the mining network, but what can we do with
unless mining ? Even if its an ASIC and that ASIC devices is designed to be used for only one thing, Do someone
have an idea, a program, or anything that can make theses miners usable for other purposes like calculation,
Encryption, Bruteforcing or Rendering if there a chance to do with ?

I'm insisting about the old miners because the Race of buying new miners is starting to make me feel out of
hope and always running after an new miner then after mining and earned the money used for buying the miner,
Its impossible to profit correctly. I want to look into another way of using theses devices for a more interesting
purposes than Mining blindly for years.

Do anyone have an same way to think here ?

Thank you !

[TUTORIAL] How to steal $350 000?
Best OS for recovering stolen BTCs.
Visit our FREE Bitcointalk thread.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 08:40:48 PM

See this pre-existing thread: Non-Bitcoin Uses for Old ASIC Miners?

That said, as you mentioned Block Erupters specifically, check out: Block Erupter USB Three Days of Mining lottery

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:05:05 AM

there are only two possible good uses for an asic that can't mine bitcoin(because too old), heat something or sustain the network with a full node
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 04:28:19 PM

They mine.  That's what they do.  They're called application specific for a reason.  Any coin that has the same encryption (SHA256d) can be mined by them.  You can't brute force.  You can't render.  You can mine SHA256d coins.

There were some interesting ideas about what to do with the byproduct of the mining process: the heat.  I think the most creative I saw was a wood drying kiln.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
trendax

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 12:16:51 PM

A friend of mine borrowed 1 of my older S3's to ensure correct beer brewing temperatures, warm temps are needed so the yeast doesn't die I think. We're splitting btc profit over a beer at the end.  Tongue

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 02:58:51 PM

A friend of mine borrowed 1 of my older S3's to ensure correct beer brewing temperatures, warm temps are needed so the yeast doesn't die I think. We're splitting btc profit over a beer at the end.  Tongue

Now that's what I call a good, creative use of the S3 Smiley

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
scryptasicminer

Activity: 213

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:47:24 AM

Other than creative use, is mining giving any profit?
trendax

Activity: 124

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 10:11:35 PM

Other than creative use, is mining giving any profit?

We're not deducting any electricity expenses so I guess it's all profit for me and given he was trying to reuse the heat from an ice maker, which sounds backwards I know, this new arrangement works out better for us both. My old miners have a second home until they're sold and he get's a good room temperature for his beer kit as we go into winter. We're both tinkers too so we get along well discussing the best way to harness the S3 heat output.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: