Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:41:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mtgox claims and Yubikey - help!  (Read 471 times)
Bagatell (OP)

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:37:56 AM

A friend of mine is trying to login to gox with a yubikey, so far without success.

She enters her username and password, then touches the Yubikey which changes the entered password and nothing much else seems to happen.

I'm assuming the process should be enter name and password, hit login and then get a prompt for the Yubikey but that doesn't happen.

Can someone please give me step by step instructions for this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:53:47 AM

I don't really think they're supporting and kind of 2FA tech... Your solution is probably sending the claim offline Sad
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:05:55 AM

As far as I know, they deactivated the Yubikey-login.
So, it is just basic username+password, not 2 FA username+password+yubikey.

If your yubikey writes in the same field as the "normal" password, that can't be right anyways.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:37:43 AM

A friend of mine is trying to login to gox with a yubikey, so far without success.

She enters her username and password, then touches the Yubikey which changes the entered password and nothing much else seems to happen.

I'm assuming the process should be enter name and password, hit login and then get a prompt for the Yubikey but that doesn't happen.

My 2FA was de-activated, so just the password works now.

That's actually really lucky for me, as I lost my phone about 6 months ago with Google Authenticator on it, I have managed to get resets on most of my accounts, but I guess it would have meant losing my Gox money if they had kept the 2FA in place!
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:05:46 PM

That's actually really lucky for me, as I lost my phone about 6 months ago with Google Authenticator on it, I have managed to get resets on most of my accounts, but I guess it would have meant losing my Gox money if they had kept the 2FA in place!

Be nice to be able to send in your yubikey to kraken as proof if you've forgot password like some people have, any word of if thats possible?
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:16:42 PM

Be nice to be able to send in your yubikey to kraken as proof if you've forgot password like some people have, any word of if thats possible?

Even if it was possible I don't see anyone sending anyone such a sensible device Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: