Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:39:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Swiss negative interests on deposits and swiss pension funds  (Read 723 times)
pennywise (OP)

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:09:31 PM

As we know, the SNB has imposed negative interest rates.
Swiss pension fund now cannot withdraw physical money -> they have to pay negative interests to the banks.

Legalised robbery, if you ask me.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/francescoppola/2015/04/25/the-swiss-have-eliminated-the-zero-lower-bound/

The facts are right in front of us; its just a matter of time before bitcoin will be mature enough tool to be used for circumventing that kind of state - enforced robbery. Please comment!

We went through a period where it was briefly tough and now there are 1400 new billionaires in the world - maybe some capital was misallocated... --Kyle Bass

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ebliever
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:37:38 PM

Despite the learning curve, I'm fairly amazed people are not moving more into bitcoin. I think it boils down to have institutional players with adequate regulatory framework for those with deep pockets to move into BTC. But once that happens, look out, especially if things continue with these bizarro-world banking crises.

Luke 12:15-21

Ephesians 2:8-9
Stellaartois

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:49:07 PM

Where can I get a Swiss bank Acc online ?

pennywise (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:56:27 PM

Well Switzerland imposed negative rates because it wants to weaken its currency, the franc, by penalising banks who hold deposits. It also hopes to push up inflation. Now I'm no saying that this is actually a good idea, but it seemed to work in 70s. We're in a different situation now, really.

Why are Swiss pension funds being treated like that?
Because they represent the big money. And big money can't be let away evading interest rates, since imposing them than loses its sense.

I think it boils down to have institutional players with adequate regulatory framework for those with deep pockets to move into BTC. But once that happens, look out, especially if things continue with these bizarro-world banking crises.
Yes, indeed! I think we're on the same page here.

On one hand i'm kind of scared of the shenanigans that come with fall of world currencies. But seeing such stupid unfolding as pointed out by Forbes and ZH, it just make me say "Oh, lets just get it over with" to myself.

We went through a period where it was briefly tough and now there are 1400 new billionaires in the world - maybe some capital was misallocated... --Kyle Bass
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 09:30:45 PM

It's easy to scam people on pensions because they are forced by law to put their money on these funds, so it's like a combination of a savings account and a tax. Now if you scam them and take part of their savings they can't do anything as the money belonged to the government this whole time. It's just one big fraud where you are told it's your money but you have no control over it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:23:07 PM

A bank run by the pension fund  Cool

All those large institutions will eventually understand that banks do not have any money in their pocket, what they have is just some numbers in their database, just like MTGOX. That's the essential of FRB, but I guess those pension fund managers have no idea about it

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 10:42:27 PM

Negative interest rates are not unusual.  It's a feature used a lot by segregated funds. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
galbros
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 11:09:56 PM

I wonder how far this will spread?  At least there is a 1000 swiss franc note, so if it spreads to individuals they have some hope of pulling their money out of the bank and holding it somewhere else.
pennywise (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:15:19 PM

Get this.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-04/why-powers-be-are-pushing-cashless-society

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-04/war-cash-australia-leads-new-age-economic-totalitarianism

And this is exactly why bitcoin has bright future ahead. Which will be attempted to extinguishing by totalitarian states that grew to be.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: