Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:18:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going Clear: the film Scientologists don't want you to see  (Read 1274 times)
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1049
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:46:23 PM

Going Clear: the film Scientologists don't want you to see

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/apr/28/going-clear-the-film-scientologists-dont-want-you-to-see

<< The most mesmerising moment in Going Clear, Alex Gibney's wrecking-ball job on Scientology, watched so far by 5.5 million Americans, is a clip of leading church executives singing along to a clunking 1980s rock anthem, We Stand Tall. Disciples wave candles and sway in bad knitwear but, by this point in the HBO documentary, we know that the church allegedly blackmails adherents over their sex lives; that it is thuggish to those who question its conduct; that founder L Ron Hubbard was a conman who switched from writing bad science fiction to bad space religion; that his successor "Pope" David Miscavige is portrayed as a psychopath who has repeatedly hit and tortured his staff.

So, the clip of Scientologists singing along with Miscavige is sinister, an eerie negative of thousands of North Koreans weeping at the death of mass murderer Kim Jong Il. It feels like brainwashing in action. The North Koreans have an excuse for going along with thought control lest they end up in the gulag; Scientology's extraordinary achievement, perhaps, is to pull off brainwashing in Florida, in California. But the church's aggressive lawyers deny all that, and are working hard to prevent the film ever being broadcast in the UK. >>

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:24:02 AM

....the church's aggressive lawyers deny all that, and are working hard to prevent the film ever being broadcast in the UK. >>

so some suitsluts in London can say what movies are watched in Ireland?
TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:03:13 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 05:47:11 AM by TheIrishman

....the church's aggressive lawyers deny all that, and are working hard to prevent the film ever being broadcast in the UK. >>

so some suitsluts in London can say what movies are watched in Ireland?

Well, if you mean Northern Ireland, it's a part of the UK, then yes. I'm not from those "occupied territories" though. I use to post this kind of stuff because people might find it interesting, not because it's affecting me. Anyways, their lawyers are probably trying to get the movie banned in other places too.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:57:01 AM

https://kickass.to/going-clear-scientology-and-the-prison-of-belief-2015-hdtv-x264-fum-ettv-t10431911.html
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:01:15 AM

Ohhh, hit me please!
It is very odd and disturbing that they are so successful at getting and retaining paid membership.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 08:56:14 AM

Ohhh, hit me please!
It is very odd and disturbing that they are so successful at getting and retaining paid membership.

It's not odd at all, they use brainwashing and violence to get their way, so of course they're successful and people are letting it continue rather than doing something about it.
cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 08:59:03 AM

Scientology is a scam. It's clear now. It was clear for everyone with a brain. It's a totalitarin sect. A cult. Nothing more. Just stay away from it. Just beleive in god instead =) Be a christian =)

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 09:06:18 AM

Scientology is a scam. It's clear now. It was clear for everyone with a brain. It's a totalitarin sect. A cult. Nothing more. Just stay away from it. Just beleive in god instead =) Be a christian =)

As usual we've got people telling you instead of think for yourself, leave one cult and join another.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:43:22 AM

People who are weak and need guidance and support of others usually turn into these sects and later, when they feel better and want to leave they are being blackmailed and forced to keep the scam going.
They are luring people in because they are willing to invest in them and be very close, pretend to be your family. That's something almost impossible to find in other religions. If you go to church other people are there to be with God not with you and for the sect you are important as an individual.

TheIrishman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:37:15 AM

Too low video quality for me. This release has a much better quality/size ratio:

https://kickass.to/going-clear-scientology-and-the-prison-of-belief-2015-720p-hdtv-x264-lmao-t10428804.html
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:03:11 PM

From what I understand, this film has shaken the cult to it's very core. So many credible, respected, FORMER members willing to speak out, sometimes at a very high risk. The film is also chalk full of documented, verified accounts of abuse and criminal activity by this cult. That's why they're freaking out, because there really is no disputing the facts in the film. It's not a he said-she said, it's a true documentary. And I might add, that's exactly why this sue-happy cult is not suing over this film...because everything in it is documented, proven, FACT.
Nikinger

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:45:57 PM

Currently this film is english only. It needs to be translated in various languages to reach wide audience. Streisand effect could help too.

1EwKrY5Bn3T47r4tYqSv6mMQkUyu7hZckV
BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 02:55:14 PM

John Travolta and Tom Cruise are the two biggest stars associated with Scientology.
Coincidentally enough, they both became extremely weird as the years went by.
They can't leave Scientology because both of them spent hours and hours of their lives submitting to Scientology audits, the church’s form of spiritual counseling /Brainwash.

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1348

Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:53:26 PM

John Travolta and Tom Cruise are the two biggest stars associated with Scientology.
Coincidentally enough, they both became extremely weird as the years went by.
They can't leave Scientology because both of them spent hours and hours of their lives submitting to Scientology audits, the church’s form of spiritual counseling /Brainwash.

Don't forget those millions they gave them to spread their lies and get more followers hooked up Wink

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 12:07:45 AM

I saw this some time ago and it's pretty disturbing, not that I had a good opinion of what Scientology is but those testimonies are amazing, it's such an obvious scam and they still exist after all this time.

Let's acknowledge one thing good about Scientology, besides they make other religions actually look good, they are partially responsible for the creation of Anonymous. Smiley

DarkForces

Activity: 138
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:34:51 AM

After seeing this, I realize I am pumping out some massive Body Thetans every morning.... Cheesy Wink

I shot Reagan- I shot the Pope.
I shot the Devil- there ain't NO HOPE!
2dogs
Legendary

Activity: 1267

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:08:43 AM

I want to see this.

We know some Scientologists, and in a word, they are mindfucked.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:42:38 AM

I'm in the UK and saw this a while back. It was fine but there's really nothing new that you can't easily read about or see on youtube elsewhere. I had a sense of deja vu throughout. When I started it I was expecting to have my tits blown off. It's still a potent summary.
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 11:56:01 AM

Have seen it, disturbing how long people stay despite the horrific things that have happened. Am looking forward to the Louis Theroux doc from the BBC. Heard that Scientology is doing a documentary on Louis too. HBO had about 160 lawyers on their doc, the BBC has two... https://twitter.com/louistheroux/status/537586473617219585 Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: