Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:23:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is your favorite altcoin undervalued?  (Read 1443 times)
JackRipper (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 11:14:36 PM

As I was reading through some of the ANN threads, I noticed a common complaint. A lot of people feel that their favorite coin is undervalued compared to other coins. Is your favorite coin ( altcoin, Bitcoin, wooden nickels, etc... ) undervalued? If so, what makes you feel that way?

username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 01:34:44 AM

G.E. coins are “spent” into existence in input-less transactions. Accordingly, civil society can (at least, in part) dictate monetary policy.

Many complain about banks and “global elites”; however, none utilize the G.E. coin to found a monetary authority “of the people, by the people, for the people” (Lincoln).

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:46:47 AM

As I was reading through some of the ANN threads, I noticed a common complaint. A lot of people feel that their favorite coin is undervalued compared to other coins. Is your favorite coin ( altcoin, Bitcoin, wooden nickels, etc... ) undervalued? If so, what makes you feel that way?

Yes.  Because I am holding them and would want them to be worth much much more so I can finally buy all the things that I haven't been able to afford because I am only a working class schmuck.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
JackRipper (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:56:41 AM

Yes.  Because I am holding them and would want them to be worth much much more so I can finally buy all the things that I haven't been able to afford because I am only a working class schmuck.

LOL. I love that answer. If people were more honest, most would probably say the same thing.

adidas

Activity: 448

Americans do it better

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:39:03 AM

LOL
My favourite coins are always undervalued.
It is also main reason why I´m in loss.  Grin

JackRipper (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 02:50:52 AM

I'm beginning to wonder if most coins are overvalued and investors are just under the delusion that the coin is undervalued. That way they has some hope of some day selling at a profit.

TheMage

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:14:47 AM

Of course most if not all crypto coins are perceived as undervalued. Keep in mind that this extends well into Bitcoin and anyone who holds them.

You can think that part of the problem is that since Bitcoin is the Grandfather of all current crypto's, the price (and dare I say it existence) depends on Bitcoin. Since the value had slid down from $1,200 to anywhere from $200 to $250, you can also expect that all other coins will depreciate in value.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is the brazen language used when launching an alt coin, or even existing ones who continue on bantering about how they should be $300 if Bitcoin is $200 (this is a very large generic paraphrasing, often used by the 2.0 crowd. Essentially meaning that they state they are better than Bitcoin yet are still very very cheap). Now this certainly isnt a knock what so ever to 2.0 coins or any coin for that matter (because there are a lot of coins doing some really cool things!), but the general consensus around these parts is that tech = value. There are a slew of factors that are involved, and even with the best tech (along with the obligatory trolling for their own coin along with slandering others) wont skyrocket the price.

The markets are what the markets are. Short of a MAJOR adoption in cryptos as a whole or some significant pumps into any alts, we are all pretty much where we should be.

Pro tip for anyone reading this that cares, help with crypto adoption and everyone wins. And stop slandering other coins for no reason.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
JReag

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:27:22 AM

They're neither under nor overvalued. They're worth whatever people are willing to pay for them.

That's how the market works.
TheMage

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:30:26 AM

They're neither under nor overvalued. They're worth whatever people are willing to pay for them.

I think that is a bit over-simplistic, but in essence this is pretty much on target (outside of market manipulations).

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Flyskyhigh

Activity: 291

Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:12:41 AM

Some are undervalued. Some are overvalued.

Sick of mining?  Start minting!  5% per year!  Mintcoin "MINT"
MaxDZ8

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:11:59 AM

I'm not sure I have a fav coin right now. Our relationship has been... degrading over the last few months.  Tongue
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 10:32:21 AM

Take a look in the signature... That's one INSANELY undervalued coin with ridiculous market cap and best and active developers around.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1426

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:44:07 AM

Take a look in the signature... That's one INSANELY undervalued coin with ridiculous market cap and best and active developers around.

What are their names?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 01:10:21 PM

this this this this

^_^

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 01:10:55 PM

I think that is a bit over-simplistic, but in essence this is pretty much on target (outside of market manipulations).

Imho LTC is undervalued.

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 01:23:57 PM

Some are undervalued. Some are overvalued.
No one are sure they are undervalued or overvalued, which are completely subjective. We should know that all of the investment carry some amount of risk!
evi_stale

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:01:41 PM

Nem (xem) is a very young coin after more than a year in development, but I have no doubt that it will become one of the best currencies ever.
moko666

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 05:04:47 PM

IMO stellar (STR) is undervalued at current price, I remember when it was over 3.2K satoshi with trading volume of over 1K btc. there is a real company behind this who is actively doing promotion and supporting this.
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:46:24 PM

All altcoins except for the pump/dumps of the day have taken a beating. What can we thank for this?

Good coins are paying for all the SCAMS we have to endure. If people ignored the shitcoin announcements and FFS quit buying into IPO scams, money may flow back into good projects.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
TheMage

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:29:38 PM

I write a well thought out post on this, and every other post is "ohh yea XXX coin is undervalued".

Sheesh!

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: