Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:35:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Australia) BPAY recall: How to show igot.com the respect they deserve.  (Read 689 times)
coin_counter (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:15:45 AM

Contact your bank, in person if possible, and explain that there's a problem with a bpay payment made from your account.  Don't expect that the teller will immediately know what to suggest but, if they don't, tell them you'd like to do a 'bpay recall'.  Be prepared to wait for a more experienced teller to assist. 

I did this at a Bendigo branch but I think this is more to do with the bpay system rather than individual banks - there are a number of set justifications for making this request, one of which is 'incorrect reference number'.  This is what I chose - which I'll explain below. 

I was told to expect a 7 to 10 day wait before my money (not igot's money) would be back in my account.  Again, due to the bpay system, there is a $20 fee for a bpay recall - which I accepted as the cost of taking a chance with a shitty bitcoin exchange and not researching customer feedback prior to risking my money. 

Roughly seven days later, my money, minus $20, has been returned to my bank account. 

As for choice of justification...  If a biller gives you a bpay reference number and you make a payment that subsequently doesn't get credited to your account, any number of things could have happened.  The least suspicious of which is that you made a mistake entering the reference number.  Choosing this particular justification gives the biller the benefit of the doubt.  But, on the topic of doubt, the biller could be an abusive arsehole that treats their customers with contempt and makes bullshit excuses about fraud in the bpay system that necessitates Orwellian identification measures that are unheard of with any other biller I've ever encountered - all the while holding your money in limbo.  Or, the biller could just be a fucking thief. 

In summary, fuck you, igot.  Fuck You Very Much.  Do not trust these fucking arseholes with your money. 
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:23:25 AM

That was very clever of you to have identified a process to charge back "your" money from iGot.
This is very common with PayPal but you managed to do the same with BPay, good.

And I think you made the right decision reversing the payment. iGot is a shitty exchange when it comes to customer service and they deserve what you did. Hope more pissed customers do the same to teach them a lesson.
dan_igot

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:22:36 PM

Hi Coin_Counter

Dan Palmer here from igot. I'm sorry you didn't have a good experience with igot.

If you want to let me know what happened and explain why you weren't happy with customer service I will look into it. Screengrabs would help.

Regarding the BPAY fraud, it really isn't an excuse. In one weekend recently, we stopped $48,000 of fraud via our manual checking – which is why we have the initial delay of 7 days with BPAY customers.

Anyone can email me (dan@igot.com) with questions or issues and I will do my best to answer or resolve them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: