Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:57:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Exchange or Gateway for lowest price XRP? (Paying with BTC)  (Read 1398 times)
Hollingsworth (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:17:00 AM

Hi Altcoiners!

I am thinking of investing in XRP, and am trying to figure out where to buy it at lowest price.
I would be purchasing with BTC.

Have looked at some of the exchanges doing  like Poloniex, Cryptsy and Shapeshift too. Also trying to figure out if
one can buy XRP via the Ripple Gateways?? And if so, are the prices better than Altcoin exchanges?

Anyone have any experience, or recommendations?

Your help is appreciated!

Hollingsworth

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bibbit

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:49:27 AM

You can compare the rates and volumes of the various exchanges that trade XRP at http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#markets

Note that trade volumes within Ripple's internal distributed exchange dwarf that on the external exchanges while giving better prices. To see how internal trade volume is segregated, visit www.ripplecharts.com for an overview / per currency breakdown and www.ripplecharts.com/#/markets to examine individual order books and trade histories.

Note: ripple charts might be a little slow right now. Western Union just announced that they are engaged in a ripple pilot, and that has caused a surge of traffic to the charting site.

To find out more about individual gateways, visit www.coinist.co

The gateways with the highest XRP/BTC volumes will be Bitstamp and SnapSwap (SnapSwap is listed as btc2ripple in many places). SnapSwap-btc2ripple is what you receive if you use the inbound Bitcoin bridge from within the www.rippletrade.com client (under Fund->BTC menus/tabs).

One nice thing about bringing BTC into Ripple through the inbound bridge in RippleTrade is that it will auto convert a few cents worth of BTC into the XRP needed for your account reserve if your account has not already been activated.
Hollingsworth (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:03:04 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 03:50:22 AM by Hollingsworth

Thank you Bibbit!

I am researching rippletrade, and that seems the way to go...good volume with buy/sell orders... all within my ripple account. Very nice!

Also, looking at Snapswap gateway to withdraw/deposit USD into my ripple account. If its as cheap and easy as they make it out to be,
I think I may actually skip buying XRP with BTC and do it directly with cash, on rippletrade network.

H.
Hollingsworth (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:16:42 PM

A few questions for you XRP power users:

I want to use BTC to buy XRP on the Ripple Trade network through my ripple account. (Do not want to use USD snapswap)

So I would like to know: what is the best way to move BTC into a Ripple account, non-converted. I want to have it show up as BTC and NOT converted directly to XRP.

Is this possible:

fiat > coinbase btc > Ripple account btc 

Or is my only option to use a BTC Gateway like Bitstamp?  

fiat > bitstamp btc > bitstamp -xrp gateway > Ripple account btc

Thank you in advance for your help!!

H.
readysalted89

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:40:47 PM

You could sign up at btc2ripple.com then send BTC directly to your ripple wallet non-converted to ripples.

https://btc2ripple.com/#/
Hollingsworth (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:23:02 PM

You could sign up at btc2ripple.com then send BTC directly to your ripple wallet non-converted to ripples.

https://btc2ripple.com/#/

You are correct! That seams to be the most seamless to send  BTC in and out of ripple account.

Looks like a gateway thing tethered to snapswap_btc.

There is a small fee of 0.2% for transactions used inside the Ripple network, but none for moving BTC in and out of ripple.

Looks like way to go...thanks folks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: