Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 06:36:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The CIA made a statement about bitcoin today  (Read 5568 times)
Astrohacker (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2011, 11:53:56 PM

"We were going to hack the network, but then we realized it was more profitable to mine." -The CIA
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2011, 11:56:30 PM

Grin
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 12:01:21 AM

hahahahaha  Grin Oh I love internetz.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Principal

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 12:12:16 AM

Are you serious, if so thats funny.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 12:21:37 AM

Ohh come on.. I think a popular conspiracy theory is right...

CIA (or some department in US intelligence community) is Satoshi Nakamoto. They've mined by now 2-3 million bitcoins for themselves.

Someone must have seen the writing on the wall street and as a true patriot found a way to serve the country and secure CIA budget for coming years of turmoil at the same time. Tor was a little experiment that went well... than they've released bitcoin into the wild. Simple!

I've asked Gavin to report back to us if he hears giggling from backbenches during his presentation in CIA. This would confirm and validate this conspiracy theory.

-
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 12:26:04 AM

CIA (or some department in US intelligence community) is Satoshi Nakamoto. They've mined by now 2-3 million bitcoins for themselves.

Someone must have seen the writing on the wall street and as a true patriot found a way to serve the country and secure CIA budget for coming years of turmoil at the same time. Tor was a little experiment that went well... than they've released bitcoin into the wild. Simple!

I've asked Gavin to report back to us if he hears giggling from backbenches during his presentation in CIA. This would confirm and validate this conspiracy theory.
gavin is a puppet of the CIA!

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
FreddyFender

Activity: 215

Shamantastic!

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 01:06:53 AM

But wait, there has to be a carrot! Someone please show me the carrot! Hold up your right hand... now your left... say "Ahhh!"

BookofNick

Activity: 314
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 01:10:34 AM

The CIA created bitcoin? That's the first time I've heard that. Seems like the creation of bitcoin harms, rather than protects, the US Dollar.  But hey, it could've happened!

Principal

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 01:13:12 AM

The CIA created bitcoin? That's the first time I've heard that. Seems like the creation of bitcoin harms, rather than protects, the US Dollar.  But hey, it could've happened!
Where does it say the CIA created Bitcoin?
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 01:24:00 AM

Yep. Is Tor good for US government? Now who created Tor?

-
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 01:27:33 AM

It's funny how these agencies with members capable of rational thought become autonomous  Smiley
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 02:19:56 AM

CIA use of bitcoin would reduce those embarrassing arms-for-hostages type PR fiascoes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
mouser98

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:29:50 AM

CIA mining?  when they could just use their Afghani heroin profits to speculate?  bahahahahaha
someguy123

Activity: 336
Merit: 254

CEO of Privex Inc. (www.privex.io)

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2011, 02:42:24 AM

I bet the CIA with all their supercomputers and botnets could easily generate 1,000 thash/s maybe more, that would easily get them a few million $ in just a few minutes.

Jason Keith

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 02:52:11 AM

I wouldn't think the CIA has much in the way of supercomputers or crypto ability. That is much more the purview of the NSA which is many times the size of the CIA anyway.
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2011, 03:17:23 AM

Seems like the creation of bitcoin harms, rather than protects, the US Dollar.

Not necessarily. The only way it could hurt the US dollar is if the bitcoin economy becomes large and free-standing. If it becomes possible for nations to buy, say, oil with bitcoins without once converting to USD, then that would hurt the USD. I'm sure there are plenty of things the CIA could do to keep that from happening. If that never happens, if bitcoins remain a proxy for fiat (as they kinda are right now), then the US dollar doesn't take a hit and the CIA benefits greatly. Secure and anonymous transactions of large sums of money? I'm sure they have a use for that.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 03:02:59 AM

"We were going to hack the network, but then we realized it was more profitable to mine." -The CIA

how about a reference?
Indemnified

Activity: 216

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 03:51:48 AM

how about a reference?

Since there was no reference at the the thread opening, I assumed it was a joke (and still do).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: