Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:25:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: TSA PROTEST?  (Read 1193 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 09:10:06 PM

Who's with me going through airport TSA and refusing body scanning and patdown?

Find the cheapest plane flight, get at least 20 of us doing this in a row.

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2012, 09:49:35 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2012, 10:04:05 AM by TECSHARE

I just stopped flying. If the industry subsidizes the rise of The Fourth Reich, I will not be subsidizing them. Additionally, unlike most of Americans I have enough self respect to not let my genitals be groped by neo-fascists, but that's just me. Also by the way, it is illegal in most places to get into a security checkpoint line and refuse both patdown and scan. Surprise! Its not optional any more.
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 10:03:34 PM

I just stopped flying. If the industry subsidizes the rise of The Fourth Reich, I will not be subsidizing them. Additionally, unlike most of Americans i have enough self respect to not let my genitals be groped by neo-fascists, but that's just me. Also by the way, it is illegal in most places to get into a security checkpoint line and refuse both putdown and scan. Surprise! Its not optional any more.

I only flew once to see a chick

well 20 people arrested for not complying with their genitals grabbed or scanned, should make news stories, at least MANY MANY alternative news sites

make history

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 11:11:16 PM

Should fill an entire plane with this. Would be great. I don't live in the US though, but what will the consequences be ? Would you get a criminal record and thus having problem flying in the future, or having trouble travelling abroad, perhaps even having troubles getting certain jobs ?

What if 500 people all showed up at an air-port, then at a given signal, all of them dropped a black bag, and left the air-port ? Would chaos ensue ?

So to orchestrate everythingh properly, we have 150 ppl getting arrested for rejecting a body scanner + pat down, and 500 ppl leaving their bags at the airport, all at once.

THOSE WHO GIVE UP THEIR LIBERTY FOR SECURITY, DESERVES NEITHER!
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:19:09 AM

Should fill an entire plane with this. Would be great. I don't live in the US though, but what will the consequences be ? Would you get a criminal record and thus having problem flying in the future, or having trouble travelling abroad, perhaps even having troubles getting certain jobs ?

What if 500 people all showed up at an air-port, then at a given signal, all of them dropped a black bag, and left the air-port ? Would chaos ensue ?

So to orchestrate everythingh properly, we have 150 ppl getting arrested for rejecting a body scanner + pat down, and 500 ppl leaving their bags at the airport, all at once.

THOSE WHO GIVE UP THEIR LIBERTY FOR SECURITY, DESERVES NEITHER!

well thats way more suspicious and less peaceful non-violent compliance

you can't know all 500 people, imagine if one really did put something bad in the bag, we'd all be blamed and maimed on the news

still interesting idea. maybe 50 people. put an empty black backpack or duffel bag, or better: fill it with roses or something, something pleasant

have security freak the fuck out. get on the news, show how they waste time and resources for being scared cat fucktards

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 12:28:32 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MapSlGNOXWw

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:49:44 AM

wow, I think I met Derrick

Who of us will go naked?

me with minimum 25 companions

more of kelly in underwear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6rH6Mri0to

Coinabul

Activity: 588

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 01:00:21 AM

I just refuse the body scanners and whisper sweet nothings in the ear of whichever gentleman is tasked to tug on my genitals.

"...be gentle. Wink"

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:07:30 AM

I just refuse the body scanners and whisper sweet nothings in the ear of whichever gentleman is tasked to tug on my genitals.

"...be gentle. Wink"

make sure to leave a tip after too

naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 01:58:08 AM

m0w3r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:36:20 PM

_Twisted _Sexual _Assault:  TSA parody song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_j6Z2gPX_U
Snapman

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 11:40:26 PM

Watch out what you say, if you still plan on flying. Piss any of those TSA pussies too much and you'll find yourself on the no fly list, were i can welcome you aboard Cheesy

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 12:44:17 AM

_Twisted _Sexual _Assault:  TSA parody song

thanks. a wonder i hadn't seen that yet Smiley

can't find my favorites right now or I'd post

_Twisted _Sexual _Assault:  TSA parody song

it's a wonder I'm not on their list and I'm not joking.

Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:32:39 AM

Watch out what you say, if you still plan on flying. Piss any of those TSA pussies too much and you'll find yourself on the no fly list, were i can welcome you aboard Cheesy

What happened to you ? Yes, I got your point, as much as we hate the security theater, standing up against that system may eventually hurt outselves to the point where the personal cost is too high.
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 08:37:33 AM

Be sure to bring along one of these, and wear a pair of these...

The cards, especially, make a great statement. That they'll probably be too dense to get. Undecided

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:03:17 AM

Idiocy is the problem, failure to follow the Constitution

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 01:10:36 PM

At what point will it be easier to just strap a bomb on and blow up all the people standing in line ? Why get on the plane and do it ?

miln40

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 02:00:06 PM

http://www.thelocal.de/politics/20100111-24493.html

This is what you guys should do Smiley Proud member of the German PP, btw.

My primary BTC address:
1M5oZcUzHGT3mzNeA73opLUdSPSpKL5NE3
420 (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 07:40:05 PM

At what point will it be easier to just strap a bomb on and blow up all the people standing in line ? Why get on the plane and do it ?

The point of your rhetorical question is answered by remembering it is security theater. People who believe it makes us safer are real idiots.

What does it prevent? planes flown into high profile target buildings? how often does that happen...3x every 50 years?

ChrisKoss

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 12:31:07 AM

Every time I fly, I loudly discuss with anyone I am traveling with why I (and they should) refuse the backscatter scanner.  I try to speak so others in the line can hear me.  When I get to the front, I ask to opt out, regardless of whether I'm randomly selected. Here's some points I try to hit:

- It exposes you to small doses of harmful cancer-causing radiation.  While the radiation is very small, I read one study that said that the net effect of all of this radiation over such a large population will cause more deaths than have ever been caused by the kinds of things they are trying to prevent (9/11, shoebomber, etc).

- The backscatter machines don't work well and there are videos online telling people how to smuggle metal objects through them undetected. These machines might make us LESS safe, because people who go in the machines sometimes don't have to go through a metal detector: these machines could be letting guns onto planes.

- The machines are supposed to automatically cover genitals.  However, 100+ nude images from these machines have been leaked online, illegally and without any discipline for those responsible (AFAIK).

- Michael Chertoff, the Secretary of Homeland Security at the time backscatter machines were installed, has profited from installing these machines.  His consulting company received payment from Rapiscan, the company which makes these machines.  It is arguable that the reason they are in airports because the Secretary of the DHS took a bribe.
Rapiscan, the maker of the X-ray backscatter machine, reportedly paid $1 million to the Chertoff Group, run by former Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Michael Chertoff, while Chertoff appeared in the media touting the value of the machines. Each machine costs the taxpayer about $150,000, but that is only the purchase; installation, then staffing, costs much more.
http://www.democracynow.org/blog/2012/3/29/forget_fear_of_flying_fear_airport_screening

More info:
http://epic.org/privacy/airtravel/backscatter/

Please, don't harass the worker bees who are actually patting you down.  Instead, tell them the truth in a calm manner and never use words like "bomb", "gun", "9/11" or "terrorist" in explaining your position.  Tell them to make sure they tell their doctor that they work near these machines so they can get cancer screenings more frequently. Tell them that the machines are only in use because of their corrupt former boss.  

I've never had a TSA employee get angry with me.  Usually they are just apathetic and worn down, "Yep, that sounds about right" or (about their cancer risk) "Don't even tell me that, I don't want to hear that". I feel like being empathetic actually has a chance to change their opinion, but being combative will probably just get yourself into trouble without doing any good.

I am a consultant providing services to CoinLab, Inc.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: