Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:26:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Neucoin presale selling like pancakes. Should I buy some or not?  (Read 2507 times)
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:48:31 AM

http://www.neucoin.org/en/presale

I'm thinking of getting some.  I missed the NXT IPO for being closed minded, and I'm kicking myself for it.  Now I'm thinking it could happen again with Neu.  Please give me valid reasons on why I should or  shouldn't buy some Neucoins.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:17:20 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 11:39:44 AM by Daedelus

Are you willing to stake 24/7 for the next 10 years?

If not, you could lose much of the value of your investment through the eroding effects of inflation (assuming you planned to hold it).

You could have them mine for you at MyNeuCoin.com. But there is risk of centralizing all the staking power (it is free and easier for them to do it so people are more likely not to run their own software).

Nxt has no inflation so there is no economic cost to you of not forging, you don't feel obliged to lease your forging to a pool just to maintain the value you have. Inflation differences between Nxt and Neu (none and a lot) make unqualified comparisons problematic.
El Dude

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:18:11 AM

paycoin 2.0

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:22:11 AM

2600 BTC handed over them to dump so far
tokeweed (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:41:03 AM

Are you willing to stake 24/7 for the next 10 years?

If not, you could lose much of the value of your investment through the eroding effects of inflation (assuming you planned to hold it).

You could have them mine for you at MyNeuCoin.com. But there is risk of centralizing all the staking power (it is free and easier for them to do it so people are more likely not to run their own software).

Nxt has no inflation so there is no economic cost to you of not forging, you don't feel obliged to lease your forging to a pool just to maintain the value you have. Inflation differences between Nxt and Neu (none and a lot) make unqualified comparisons problematic.

Yeah you're right.  Thanks.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:42:10 AM

Looks like other Cryptos are following GetGems reward-value model.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 11:56:12 AM

The presale is only for 3.33% of the total 3 billion NeuCoin.....so there will be plenty of chances to buy in.
Might be good for speculative profit right now, but I'd wait until there is some sign of a running network, sometime in August/September

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:24:02 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2015, 01:20:17 PM by Daedelus

The planned total supply being inflated to 100 billion over 10 years is too scary for me
(Edit: Is it fair to say the presale is for 3.33% of 3% of the total supply > 0.00099% being sold at presale?)

Too expensive for me at today's prices too. If released today, I think it would be accepted similar to NEM (basic network with novel POS algo changes) so $0.01 seems very expensive, even allowing for a premium for the advisors they list.

Following Kushti's analysis is interesting, he hasn't got to the bottom of his concerns yet.

tl:dr don't rush in
blockchain slavery

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:02:59 PM

Presale numbers are possibly fake. No evidence to be had anywhere which would support the idea that these numbers could be real. You people are exceptionally gullible.
vabtc

Activity: 55
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:05:28 PM

What a bunch of bullshit.  

1) They claim they've sold over 70M neucoins for over 3K BTC.
2) They claim the proceeds are visible here: https://blockchain.info/address/3MrNuksZ1VePU3dGiSQFiouWerJUJgDkfH
3) There is .05 BTC in that address

They originally listed the names of people behind this scam in this article, but they have since been scrubbed.. INTERESTING HMM?
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/neucoin-teams-techs-top-executives-bring-cryptocurrency-masses/

Clearly the next GAW.  Assholes.  Fuck Off.
vabtc

Activity: 55
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:22:28 PM

Daniel Kaufman, Co-Founder, Strategy
Ophélie Pubellier, Co-Founder, Technology
Scott Walker, Co-Founder, Business Development and Marketing
Mark Bridges, Business Development and Marketing
Kourosh Davarpanah, Evangelist
Maël Nison, Core Coin Developer
Ludovic Pouvreau, Back-end Developer
Alexandra Grasland, Front-end Developer and Designer
Alex Norstrom
Jackson Palmer
Brock Pierce
Patrik Stymne
Michaël Witrant
Josh Abram
Markus Alderback
Olga Bartnicki
Henrik Dahlback
Michael Daun
Anders Ehrenblad
Josh Engroff
Bill and Gideon Friedman
David Frykman
Rob Goldman
Toby Gorman
Pal Hodann
Michael Hudgins
Nicholas Högberg
Johan Ihrfelt
Henrik Kjellberg
David Lerner
Ori Mace
Adam McNicol
Emil Michael
Alan Murray
Henrik Hancke Nielsen
David Perez
Tom Phillips
Andreas Reutercrona
Ted Rogers
Daniel Sachs
Christophe Salanon
Richard Silen
Calle Sjoenell
Bjorn Soderstrom
Patrik Stymne
Henrik Sundgren
Jonas Svensson
Per Zachariassen
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:35:19 PM

Jackson Palmer

Didnt he leave Crypto? Or the master shitcoin maker is still milking crypto for fiat
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:52:08 PM

Jackson Palmer

Didnt he leave Crypto? Or the master shitcoin maker is still milking crypto for fiat

As it seem he didn't. The Neucoin wiki claims that he's working for them as some sort of strategic adviser. Actually because of his experience, hiring him make sense for an altcoin startup.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:00:59 PM

well marketed scam coin.  even if you take them at their word, it is a 100% premine and the public gets to buy a small fraction of the coins! which you won't even get for months, if they develop it....there's no wallets, no code, no innovation, nothing.

spartacusrex

Activity: 718
Merit: 545

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:49:15 PM

Ho hum..

Wasn't going to get involved.. but can't help myself..

Neucoin is definitely a professional outfit, and the paper for the POS system used (that I have read fully and been impressed by) shows that a lot of time and effort has gone into coming up with a secure, functioning POS Network. Full marks so far. But I'm afraid that their current pitch COMPLETELY misses the point.

Here is the IMPORTANT BIT..

Ready..

BITCOIN DOES NOT DERIVE IT'S VALUE FROM THE FACT IT SOLVES THE PROBLEM OF DISTRIBUTED CONSENSUS.

One more time.

BITCOIN DOES NOT DERIVE IT'S VALUE FROM THE FACT IT SOLVES THE PROBLEM OF DISTRIBUTED CONSENSUS.

Therefore, just because you have a 'coin' that runs on a system that solves the problem of distributed consensus, DOES NOT MEAN IT HAS VALUE. (Whatever koubiac says about capital investment)

POS Chains are DACs. NOT COINS.

POS Chains are wonderful and useful and lots of other things, but one thing they are not is VALUABLE IN AND OF THEMSELVES. (unlike POW coins..)

POS Chains need to serve a purpose that in turn gives the STAKES value. (Like NXT's Asset exchange, Bitshares, etc etc..)

The concept of Inflation in a DAC is a non starter. Sorry. All you do is dilute all the shares. Add nothing of value.  

Their utter dismissal of POW in all it's forms, tells me, that they just don't get it.

Good Luck to them though!  Grin

Life is Code.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:13:31 PM

You you shouldn't. This shitcoin was shilled by Jackson Palmer, what else can I say?
If you do end up buying sell as soon as you get any profits, don't gamble with shitcoins of this caliber.
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 08:35:50 PM

It sounds like all the investors are buying into promises the devs will deliver something special. It's not often any previous IPO coin's devs delivered on their promises. More often than not the investors lose out.
nachoig

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:39:41 PM

A proof-of-stake coin where 2 entities get 2/3 of all coins? No, thanks.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:17:33 PM

well marketed scam coin.  even if you take them at their word, it is a 100% premine and the public gets to buy a small fraction of the coins! which you won't even get for months, if they develop it....there's no wallets, no code, no innovation, nothing.

Indeed, 1 BTC for 25K of promises seems to be a bit too much. ...and the whole thing, including the forum looks similar to that what I've seen on the GAW sites.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:35:40 PM

3 billion to 100 billion inflation.  So I would have to stake every day, for the next 10 years, just to maintain my holdings?  Lmao!  I bet their angels were given an exemption from this rule, because I doubt busy VPs and executives are going to be staking coins in their pajamas on their laptops.  "Sorry I got to cancel the board meeting because I forgot to turn on the laptop to stake NeuCoins, so I have to head home".

Yet we are suppose to believe this very obtuse inflation, which requires a lot of technical knowledge to keep on top of, is supposed to be compatible with massive user adoption or even merchant adoption as everyone (except the creators) would lose from this.   The value of your money does not inflate away on PayPal or Applepay but they want us to believe that people would happily buying into a system where they see themselves get robbed blind from inflation?   Huh  Goes to show these NeuTards spent too much time on the Doge forum and have been taking too much advice from Palmer (who is he again?  Doge in 2014 was outperformed by several alternates and today nobody really thinks much of it).

Grandiose goals like claiming they'll acquire 1 million users within 365 days when Bitcoin only has managed 250,000 after 6 years.  I don't think annoying popup ads on obscure freemium websites are going to acquire you a million paying users.

To be devil's advocate, and to suggest such spamming freemium websites and forking peercoin (which can be done in a fortnight) is the model to success, what's stopping some bigger fish from doing the same?  Nothing really, there's many people out there with more connections than the slum lord Daniel Kaufman.   If success is as simple as a few marketing geeks and forking a several years' old Peercoin then I'ld expect NeuCoin to be crushed by bigger and better funded entities and they're a dime a dozen in this world.

As Kevin O'Leary would say: nothing proprietary no investment and there's nothing proprietary about NeuCoin.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: