Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:56:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Ethereum???  (Read 2885 times)
edo777 (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:13:40 PM

What is Ethereum??? and why is very innovative???

In which way this platform can give a confirmation at different documents using the blockchain tecnology?

Thx!!!
Miracal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:48:47 PM

You can find some related info here https://www.ethereum.org, which is bitcoin 2.0 project aiming to implement smart contract concept on top of cryptocurrency.
Jakesy

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:50:55 PM

https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/White-Paper

It focuses on binding contracts.
wagabee london

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:13:30 PM

it,s a great Project could be bigger then bitcoin

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:46:28 PM

It's a project that will probably thank hard due being way too ambitious. Will not be bigger than Bitcoin. A better investment, also ambitious project than Ethereum is Maidsafe.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:05:22 PM

it's basically freenet + bitcoin, nothing really revolutionary....
jerelimZ

Activity: 447

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:06:10 PM

Im not sure what it is really, but I invested. How could one not with the amount of btc they raised!

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

Jakesy

Activity: 82

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 07:18:51 PM

Im not sure what it is really, but I invested. How could one not with the amount of btc they raised!

IBM is very interested in it too...
fishy91

Activity: 63

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 09:04:25 PM

It promises to provide smart contract features and there was a huge IPO for it that raised about 30 thousand Bitcoins.
dloghwak

Activity: 290

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:13:19 PM

Is this sarcasm and i dont get it? Or are you really investing in things you don't know about?
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:42:54 PM

IBM is very interested in it too...

Indeed, IBM is interested in the technology: http://www.coindesk.com/ibm-reveals-proof-concept-blockchain-powered-internet-things/
As I see they want to fork Ethereum and use it as a smart contract subsystem for their proof of concept IoT system.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:44:01 PM

Is this sarcasm and i dont get it? Or are you really investing in things you don't know about?

I suspect that was true for much of the legitimate BTC that went in.  Who would buy into an IPO, when for the longest time, they admitted Ethereum would also include proof of work?  You like paying for coins that miners, after you, will be getting for free and subsequently dumping for 100% profit?  Cheesy

Ethereum's smashing huge hit was supposed to be Smart Contracts, but now there's like 4-6 projects doing the same thing, and  the 'Ether language' which strangely I've not heard about in the longest time.. (was it abandoned or did they realize that nobody cares about a new programming language that'ld  probably take 15 years to educate a generation of developers to program in it and to stamp out all the bugs?).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:47:06 PM

What makes it innovative? The most money ever brought in by IPO on the promise of NOTHING. That is innovation my friend.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
BittyBoBitty

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 04:39:53 AM

It in the future. No one actually knows at this point even though they are so desperately trying to explain it. Major speculation.
rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:44:23 AM

What makes it innovative? The most money ever brought in by IPO on the promise of NOTHING. That is innovation my friend.

Actually the programming language on the blockchain has been around since pre-funding.

Decentralized exchange, government, etc has already been built.  It isn't that people have trouble explaining it - there's just much hostility from the altcoin forum.  I would chalk it up to the IPO but much less hostility has existed towards outright scams (Paycoin, Blocknet, etc).

Kinda impossible to build a programming language from the ground up on the blockchain and do nothing.  Maybe it will fail but there's a reason IBM picked Ethereum over bitcoin codebase. 
rokkyroad
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:46:44 AM

Actually the programming language on the blockchain has been around since pre-funding.

Decentralized exchange, government, etc has already been built.  It isn't that people have trouble explaining it - there's just much hostility from the altcoin forum.  I would chalk it up to the IPO but much less hostility has existed towards outright scams (Paycoin, Blocknet, etc).

Kinda impossible to build a programming language from the ground up on the blockchain and do nothing.  Maybe it will fail but there's a reason IBM picked Ethereum over bitcoin codebase. 

They promised nothing but they have produced some code. In fact, counterparty utilizes some of it.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 05:49:06 AM

They promised nothing but they have produced some code. In fact, counterparty utilizes some of it.

That's not entirely true. Vitalik promised to make it scale or die trying.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
rokkyroad
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:27:58 PM

That's not entirely true

Conditions of the IPO were crystal clear:

"Risk that the Ethereum Platform May Never be Completed or Released
Purchaser understands, that while the Ethereum Team will make reasonable efforts to complete the Ethereum software, it is possible that an official completed version of the Ethereum Platform may not be released and there may never be an operational Ethereum Platform."

They promised nothing and they were upfront about it in writing. Whatever Vitalik 'said' is moot.

bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 06:59:33 PM

That's not entirely true

Conditions of the IPO were crystal clear:

"Risk that the Ethereum Platform May Never be Completed or Released
Purchaser understands, that while the Ethereum Team will make reasonable efforts to complete the Ethereum software, it is possible that an official completed version of the Ethereum Platform may not be released and there may never be an operational Ethereum Platform."

They promised nothing and they were upfront about it in writing. Whatever Vitalik 'said' is moot.

Well, I believe he isn't going to just take the money and run without giving his best effort. I don't know him personally but he doesn't seem like the type.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
rokkyroad
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:13:43 PM

Well, I believe he isn't going to just take the money and run without giving his best effort. I don't know him personally but he doesn't seem like the type.

Faith is good.

I'm not saying anyone is going to run off with Ethereum ipo funds. Let's face facts:

They were paid upfront so to speak. No one to answer to and no contracts. Nothing binding, no time frame, nada. The money is theirs, no strings, plain and simple.

I reiterate the OP's question: Innovation.

Bring in 30,000 btc on the power of faith is bloody amazing. That's innovation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: