Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:57:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blockchain questions  (Read 667 times)
trex1981 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 03:57:15 PM

Can you tell me who is working on transactions confirmations?

More questions later!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:22:40 PM

the bitcoin wiki, is very good in explaining all those basic stuff, newbies should check it often

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Confirmation
juju

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:24:41 PM

More questions later!

Here is some information on confirmations: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Confirmation

Above Wiki has some good information regarding Bitcoin in general, it is a good place to start to learn details about how Bitcoin works.

In essence the number of confirmations is equivalent to the number of blocks deep the transaction sits in. As miners solve new blocks, they are strengthening the confirmation of your previous transactions. The further 'down' your transaction sits in the chain the less likely it is someone can double spend those outputs.  Described In Section 11 - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 04:25:18 PM

More questions later!
Pretty much every miner on the planet.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
trex1981 (OP)

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:53:57 PM

Sorry for asking, I cant searching too much, please tell me how can I can became a transactions confirmer?

Thanks!

Smiley Smiley
BiTJack

Activity: 806
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:57:33 PM

Sorry for asking, I cant searching too much, please tell me how can I can became a transactions confirmer?

Those individuals are called miners. You have to buy some ASICS at this stage of mining to get anything in return.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:43:25 PM

Your question has been answered dozens of times on the forum before. Just try to use the board search before asking. Alternatively, google to get your question answered. If you have no success then you can ask here.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 4672

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:08:28 PM

Thanks!

Smiley Smiley

Purchase bitcoin mining equipment.
Choose a mining pool.
Connect and configure the equipment.
Pay for the electricity costs.

Mining will cost money (to buy the equipment and pay for the electricity).

Depending on how much you pay for the equipment, how high your electricity costs are, you might be able to make a profit.  Many people who attempt mining do it as a hobby for fun, knowing that they are losing money to do it.
PlayCryptour

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 12:38:18 AM

Thanks!

Smiley Smiley

You'll first have to have a PhD in accounting, and have at least 20 years of experience working for large global corps. You should not be afraid to handle massive amount of transactions everyday and MUST be willing to work overtime.

Just kidding...

Miners are the "transactions confirmer".
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: