Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:25:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys Need help buying btc  (Read 862 times)
laststop (OP)

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:44:41 AM

I really want to deposit cash at a bank and get coin that way. It's super fast and cheap. The problem is I live in Northeast Ohio and the only exchangers I can find want bank of america or wells fargo or citibank and I cant find any branches near my zip code. Does anyone know where a person in northeast ohio can deposit cash at a bank somewhat close within 50 mile range? What exchange and what bank can I use?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:49:18 AM

Well it won't help you for this sale but we are always looking to expand our bank branches. 

Can you PM me your zipcode and/or major national bank in your area?
laststop (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:11:06 AM

Yea I tried using bitinstant and searched so hard for a bank and the closest bank was all the way in philly PA area like 5 hour drive. F that. Basically bitinstant doesnt have a single bank in all of ohio you can deposit at.

btw you have pm
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:28:49 AM

The problem is I live in Northeast Ohio and the only exchangers I can find want bank of america or wells fargo or citibank and I cant find any branches near my zip code. Does anyone know where a person in northeast ohio can deposit cash at a bank somewhat close within 50 mile range?

BitFloor accepts deposits through Chase.  There are plenty of them in Cleveland, Akron, etc.
 - http://www.BitFloor.com

But if you are paying for gas or time is of value, there probably is a 7-11, Walmart, CVS or a Moneygram location nearby to you?  You can then use BitInstant.
 - http://www.BitInstant.comm
 - http://www.QuickBitcoins.net
 - http://www.MrBitcoins.com

Is Hudson, OH near you?  There's a seller her:
 - https://localbitcoins.com/postal_code/oh/cleveland/

And you can always list your desire to buy on that site.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

laststop (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:16:10 AM

Not that I don't trust you or anything but can anyone else confirm the legitimacy of bitfloor? I have a chase bank literally 0.94 miles from my house.
MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:19:24 AM

Well bitfloor has traded 775k USD this month so far.

I think your safe to say people who get money in can get money out or we would have herd about it by now Wink

http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/bitfloorUSD.html
laststop (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:33:46 AM

Interesting site. I've only mined coins for the pure curiosity and fun of it. Never tried to get cash or invest in more with cash, never even transferred coins between addresses. But it's making a lot of sense now. Bitfloor looks like my best option to buy coins with cash. Chase Bank is 0.94 miles from me so practically zero gas cost and zero time cost. They charge zero fee for bank deposits and 0.4% fee to make a trade. Wish I could get them totally fee free but 0.4% isn't too bad.
shtylman

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 07:59:33 AM

Interesting site. I've only mined coins for the pure curiosity and fun of it. Never tried to get cash or invest in more with cash, never even transferred coins between addresses. But it's making a lot of sense now. Bitfloor looks like my best option to buy coins with cash. Chase Bank is 0.94 miles from me so practically zero gas cost and zero time cost. They charge zero fee for bank deposits and 0.4% fee to make a trade. Wish I could get them totally fee free but 0.4% isn't too bad.

You can get them with no fees if you place a standing limit order (one that doesn't execute right away but goes on the order book). This will net you a rebate instead of a fee for your trade.
laststop (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:29:09 AM

You can get them with no fees if you place a standing limit order (one that doesn't execute right away but goes on the order book). This will net you a rebate instead of a fee for your trade.

Does that mean if I choose the amount and price I'm willing to pay and wait for it to be accepted instead of just buying the coins at the lowest ask instantly?
DigitalHermit

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Thank you! Thank you! ...

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:34:23 PM

Not that I don't trust you or anything but can anyone else confirm the legitimacy of bitfloor? I have a chase bank literally 0.94 miles from my house.

Heya, I've purchased plenty of BTC through Bitfloor. They are totally legit! But if you don't trust them just start with a small deposit (like $20) and test it out so you can see for yourself.
vagab

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:44:47 PM

Does anyone know where a person in northeast ohio can deposit cash at a bank somewhat close within 50 mile range? What exchange and what bank can I use?

Use google to check on the branches of the banks in question.
I would be surprised if you did not find banks within the mentioned range.
shtylman

Activity: 243

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:10:07 PM

Does that mean if I choose the amount and price I'm willing to pay and wait for it to be accepted instead of just buying the coins at the lowest ask instantly?

Correct. Any part of your order which does not execute against the lowest ask (and thus goes on the book to wait for other sell orders) will receive a rebate once executed against.

Try it out and you will see it clearly noted in both the web trading interface and your account ledger.
IveBeenBit

Activity: 449

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:59:34 PM

Unless you're a high volume trader, which as a newbie I assume you are not, worrying about a 0.5% vs 0.4% vs 2% fee is a waste of time. Have you seen the price volatility of bitcoins? The 0.1% you save will be eclipsed within 10 minutes just from normal price movements. If a couple percentage points difference is important to you, then you should not be buying bitcoins.
laststop (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 08:15:04 PM

I never thought of it like that. I guess I'm OCD about that stuff
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: