Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:35:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HASHKING'S PPT ACCOUNTS IMPORTANT NOTICE (PLEASE DON'T DISREGARD)  (Read 7114 times)
hashking (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 03:46:16 AM

Sorry about double posting this here but I need to have this done by Friday 8/31/12/.

If you have a pending PPT account with me please take a screenshot of your account and send me an email at hashking1@gmail.com.  I also need your forum name and withdrawal address you entered in order to verify its your account.  This must come from the email that is registered on the website
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:40:58 AM

Sorry about double posting this here but I need to have this done by Friday 8/31/12/.

If you have a pending PPT account with me please take a screenshot of your account and send me an email at hashking1@gmail.com.  I also need your forum name and withdrawal address you entered in order to verify its your account.  This must come from the email that is registered on the website
Aren't you concerned that something seems a bit... off... with pirate asking for all this info?
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 11:48:26 AM

What happens if people do not do this? What are you going to do with the information?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
BlackBison

Activity: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:49:36 AM

hashking I suggest you have a quick chat with a lawyer before you hand this over

JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 12:02:27 PM

hashking I suggest you have a quick chat with a lawyer before you hand this over
I would consider handing that information over breaching your agreement with your depositors. Payments on that debt from Pirate are supposed to be shared by all depositors. Handing that information over to Pirate would allow Pirate to make direct payments to your depositors, cheating the other depositors out of their share of those payments.

Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 12:04:20 PM

Please, no one give Pirateat40 userlists.  This is a common technique so he can roll them again in the future.  They are pre-qualified for an "I can help you get Pirate just pay me monies" scam

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 12:07:19 PM

This is crossing the line and unethical. Do not hand over your users details to pirateat40.

SimBesh

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 12:27:38 PM

how about the people who choose to, do, and those who don't want to, don't
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 12:39:11 PM

That doesn't work. It breaches the pooling agreement. Say you turn over your details and I don't. That enables Pirate to make a private payment to you, defrauding me out of the share of that payment that I was entitled to under the pooling agreement. (Remember, the original agreement was that payments on all of the debt would be made according to the rules of the pool.) If a pass through operator facilitates this, he's breached the agreement.

Perhaps operators can find some way to ensure this doesn't happen. But until they do, I don't think they can pass anyone's information on to Pirate.

ribuck
Donator

Activity: 826
Merit: 1040

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:02:02 PM

Don't do it, hashking! It may be a trap. As PPT operator, you might have a legal claim against pirate's assets, but your passthrough holders certainly don't. If pirate is declaring bankruptcy, you may be throwing away a chance to get a share of what's left.

It may serve the interests of your asset-holders better for you to submit one overall claim. If some of your asset-holders prefer to submit individual claims, you should submit a consolidated claim for the remaining funds.
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 09:51:16 PM

Don't do it, hashking! It may be a trap. As PPT operator, you might have a legal claim against pirate's assets, but your passthrough holders certainly don't. If pirate is declaring bankruptcy, you may be throwing away a chance to get a share of what's left.

That's far from clear. If they're intended third party beneficiaries, then they have a claim against Pirate. This makes legal sense because the arrangement between the PPT operator and his investors doesn't give the PPT operator any incentive to pursue Pirate (because he just has to pass on any money he collects, and it's not even clear if he can deduct things like legal fees). This is a case where equity would require the holders to be able to enforce their indirect debt. (See my other post with the example about the guy who buys a car for his daughter.)

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:11:52 PM

hashking (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 01:06:55 AM

The deadline for submitting the PPT information requested will be Thursday 10pm CDT.  Thanks.
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 01:09:26 AM

The deadline for submitting the PPT information requested will be Thursday 10pm CDT.  Thanks.
Umm, what happens if you miss the deadline?

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 01:39:42 AM

That doesn't work. It breaches the pooling agreement. Say you turn over your details and I don't. That enables Pirate to make a private payment to you, defrauding me out of the share of that payment that I was entitled to under the pooling agreement. (Remember, the original agreement was that payments on all of the debt would be made according to the rules of the pool.) If a pass through operator facilitates this, he's breached the agreement.

Perhaps operators can find some way to ensure this doesn't happen. But until they do, I don't think they can pass anyone's information on to Pirate.

What if Pirate has one-sidedly decided to NOT pay any PPTs

Then under the pooling agreement you are entitled to nothing so no-one is defrauded if Hashking gives out some ones info

To be clear, I have no BTC in Hashkin's passthrough, but I do have BTC with BitcoinMax and we have the same problem there
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 01:41:32 AM

Lawyer up, dude.
thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 01:41:40 AM

Pirate has no business knowing the information of your depositors.
HDSolar

Activity: 386

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 03:40:42 AM

Umm, what happens if you miss the deadline?

Yes, like by 20 minutes?HuhHuhHuhHuh?

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
hashking (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:33:06 AM

Information sent.  Thanks everyone.
Turbor
Legendary