Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:57:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Use bitcoing to transfer $ to Friend in Nepal?  (Read 1208 times)
NichMe (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:18:23 AM

Title says it all.  I cannot wire money at this time can Nepal banks will not accept   paypal payments, so I read somewhere can do this via bitcoin but I need step by step instruction for sending and for my friend to covert to Nepali Rupee and withdraw?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 10:47:21 AM

you can use circle to buy bitcoin with a credit card(that isn't attached to a bank account, i don't know if you have those in your country) then send bitcoin to your friends, then he use his circle account to convert those in your fiat
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:17:02 AM

Title says it all.  I cannot wire money at this time can Nepal banks will not accept   paypal payments, so I read somewhere can do this via bitcoin but I need step by step instruction for sending and for my friend to covert to Nepali Rupee and withdraw?

The hard part will be him changing it in for FIAT.  He would have to meet with someone, bitcoin atm (if really lucky), are two main ways.  Unless friend is already setup with some service.

I honestly think you might look into sending it via a standard option.
foxkyu

Activity: 938

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:39:24 AM

you can try https://www.changetip.com.  It's very easy. deposit bitcoin to your changetip account and then you can tip your friend.
it's free service and very easy to use.
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 03:14:33 PM

there are only a few buyers in nepal on localbitcoins.
https://localbitcoins.com/sell-bitcoins-with-cash/577909/kathmandu-nepal/

a guy on reddit talked about selling/buying btc in Pokhara some days ago: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/341edl/just_sold_coins_via_lbc_in_pokhara_nepal/
his localbitcoins profile: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/CoolBitcoinTrade/

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:45:20 PM

If your friend has a regular phone with access to SMS, there are technologies that are going to deliver for blockchain operations with simple SMS messages, you didn't tell us about it tho, he would then be able to do the conversion to any other currency himself.
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:35:50 PM

In general Indian rupee is usable in Nepal. At this crisis moment it is very difficult to get a bitcoiner wanting to exchange Nepali Rupee. Better aproach would be ask your friend whether he can withdraw Nepali Rupee/Indian Rupee from his bank if amount is sent in Indian Rupee (INR). If the answer is yes, follow the simple steps...

i. Buy bitcoin against your own currency from Circle/Coinbase/LocalBitcoins/100bit.co.in

ii. Go to LocalBitcoins/100bit.co.in and create a SELL trade for bank transfer against INR.

iii. Provide your friend's bank account no. to the buyer for the SELL.

iv. Ask your friend if the amount has been deposited in his account and then release the bitcoin to the seller.

twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 04:43:28 PM

I don't know what's the condition now in Nepal but from what I have heard it's pretty bad. If your friend can still find some outlets who deal in either Moneygram/Western Union, that would be the easiest way.

What you would need to do is, find some bitcoin traders, either on this forum or Localbitcoins and exchange your bitcoins and have them send the money to your friend in Nepal and he can go to MG/WU outlet (if there is one available) present his ID and MTCN number and collect funds in Nepal Currency.

PS: LBC has an escrow but if you decide to do this on this forum, make sure you use a trusted escrow.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Sarthak

Activity: 518

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:43:40 PM

Hey I am From Nepal Too! I use BenAnh(A trader at bitcointalk) to change my BTC into MoneyGram! Never had a problem Grin You can do the same!

scryptasicminer

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:53:31 PM

Hey I am From Nepal Too! I use BenAnh(A trader at bitcointalk) to change my BTC into MoneyGram! Never had a problem Grin You can do the same!

The fee from the money changer is probably a lot higher than using western union or moneygram.
SpanishSoldier

Activity: 700
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:54:26 PM

How is the current situation at your place ?
Sarthak

Activity: 518

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:13:40 AM

Title says it all.  I cannot wire money at this time can Nepal banks will not accept   paypal payments, so I read somewhere can do this via bitcoin but I need step by step instruction for sending and for my friend to covert to Nepali Rupee and withdraw?

The fee from the money changer is probably a lot higher than using western union or moneygram.

I just exchanged 1BTC a few days ago... MoneyGram was $10 but due to the fee of the trader only $205 will be coming through!

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:28:17 AM

Title says it all.  I cannot wire money at this time can Nepal banks will not accept   paypal payments, so I read somewhere can do this via bitcoin but I need step by step instruction for sending and for my friend to covert to Nepali Rupee and withdraw?

I just exchanged 1BTC a few days ago... MoneyGram was $10 but due to the fee of the trader only $205 will be coming through!

We should let this thread die.  OP checked it first day, but appears not to be checking now.

Last Active:    April 30, 2015, 07:02:58 AM   so no real benefit to keep thread alive at this point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: