Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 08:18:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How long from now do you estimate NXT will reach $1 Billion Marketcap?
<1 Year - 4 (8%)
2 years - 7 (14%)
3 years - 6 (12%)
4 years - 2 (4%)
5 years - 2 (4%)
5-10 years - 2 (4%)
never - 27 (54%)
Total Voters: 50

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long before NXT reaches $1 from now?  (Read 1844 times)
evi_stale

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:24:03 PM

What about Nem (Xem), which is created from scratch after a year of development but people still seem to confuse it with Nxt?
I used to have Nxt, but I'm happy to have gotten rid of it  Grin
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:07:00 PM

What about Nem (Xem), which is created from scratch after a year of development but people still seem to confuse it with Nxt?
I used to have Nxt, but I'm happy to have gotten rid of it  Grin

Probably has something to do with the fact that NEM was originally created as a NXT clone in order to 'fix' the initial distribution of NXT as unfair(despite the fact that the NXT IPO was open to all for 2 months).

While NEM has broken off and done its own thing and separated itself from NXT completely now, I can't really say that I support the idea of giving free stakes to 1000 people as a better option than the other ways of originally distributing a PoS currency. Between the uninforcability of keeping stakes to one per individual, to the fact that the vast majority of stake holders contribute nothing of value and essentially become free riders on the economy, I don't really see the benefit of doing it that way. The incentives don't really line up. That's over and done with though, so there's nothing that can be changed about the past in that regard. But NEM has to demonstrate some value over other established cryptocurrencies if it wants to be a long term competitor.

I'm sure there's some potential in NEM, but they need to reinvent their purpose in a way that makes sense and answers the question of why NEM should be used over any other cryptocurrency.
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:34:17 AM

I'm sure there's some potential in NEM

Trust me, there's not.  The mass majority of "NEM devs/supporters" (aka Communists) are sockpuppets of the greedy, sub-human, degenerate known as UtopianFuture aka TaunSew aka a multitude of other filthy names.  He mindlessly roams the forum spewing ridiculous assertions and lies to try to mislead people into giving him more money.

If you invest in NEM, you will surely lose money.  It was started as a scam and it will end as a scam.  If you like liars, cheaters, thieves, sub-human degenerates, Communists and perverts, then NEM might be for you.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:58:22 PM

what evidence do you have on NEM? i thought i saw a post somewhere on that about sock puppets. where is that?
DecentralizeEconomics
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042

White Male Libertarian Bro

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:48:16 AM

what evidence do you have on NEM? i thought i saw a post somewhere on that about sock puppets. where is that?

Well, I watched the whole ridiculous situation develop from the very beginning.  A lot of the original posts about NEM were deleted/modified by UtopianFuture.  For instance, he claimed in the beginning that all stakes would be given away for free.  He later changed this and started selling stakes for BTC and NXT, but only after he grabbed a ton of free stakes with his sockpuppet accounts.  Some of the NEM threads are moderated and anything incriminating or negative, regardless if it is the truth, gets deleted.  The hilarious part about NEM is that UtopianFuture exposed himself as having sockpuppet accounts when he accidentally logged in as one to post.  It is of course impossible to prove how many sockpuppets UtopianFuture has or how many of the supposedly "independent devs/supporters" are really just him, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was the mass majority.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties." - Areopagitica
Sonny91BE

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:32:34 AM

I used to have Nxt, but I'm happy to have gotten rid of it  Grin

And why is that ? Nem has nothing to offer that Nxt doesn't offer already. Talking about the new honest stakes is also a big bloak since a many people bought multiple stakes when Nem was in development. I smell coin propaganda here  Roll Eyes.

Nem was an epic investment vehicle though ! I bought in at 5$ or so and managed to sell it near it's all time high per stake on the Nxt Asset Exchange Smiley. I think it was my best investment of the year. Look at it now Tongue I'm glad I got rid of it with that good profit because I maximized it so it seems.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 6582

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:18:21 PM

If you invest in NEM, you will surely lose money.  It was started as a scam and it will end as a scam.  If you like liars, cheaters, thieves, sub-human degenerates, Communists and perverts, then NEM might be for you.

I disagree, although I'm a NEM critic. NEM has launched and so it has proven that it's not more or less a scam than 99% of the other altcoins.

But I think Proof-of-importance is an inferior algorithm than Proof-of-Stake. It may seem fairer, but my impression is that it leads to higher transaction costs as it actually encourages to make transactions and so to use the most scarce of ressources in a cryptocurrency system: blockchain space.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 10:24:43 PM

My guess is within 3 years

Strange...that was my guess & vote, made before I even read your OP.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: