Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:25:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No longer needed  (Read 878 times)
praxeologist (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:40:33 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2012, 12:10:14 AM by praxeologist

Edit: I am somewhat on track to recovering my key used for OTC and don't need as much now. I would like to know if I go through the trouble and even can get my old OTC identity back if anyone would lend to me and what the rate would be. I would need to get the loan by tomorrow, 8/30, or I would just forget it. Please tell me what your rate would be.

---

Hi everyone. I would like to lend 40-50 BTC and plan to repay by the end of the week of Sept 21st, or maybe the beginning of the week after if worst comes to worst.

I have never posted much on the forums but I was an early user of bitcoins, used to spend a lot of time in #bitcoin-otc and have some positive ratings there linked in my sig. I have no problem giving whatever info is needed and won't have any problem repaying.

I mistook the policy of one of the companies I use for my own little company to process credit cards and didn't realize they put a 1 month hold on any payments over $1K/mo, so I have $850 on hold. Couple that with some bad luck and bad planning on my part and I am tight for end of the month bills in just a few days.

$655 of this should start rolling to my bank by the beginning of the week of the 21st. Sometimes this processor is a bit slow versus their dates but I am using other processors now which are faster, so hopefully I don't even need to wait for these payments. I can show a screenshot of these incoming payments, my payment history with another processor and also Dwolla to show I should have a stream of money incoming.

The ideal loan for me would be a fiat$ amount ($400-500) and sent without delay from Dwolla, but if it is in BTC that is fine too. I just see no reason to pay MtGox fees if I don't have to and last time I tried to cash out with them I hit a delay. Getting the funds by Friday would be best.

Please let me know what you can offer and if you want any more info from me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fabrizziop

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 01:50:17 PM

This looks very suspicious, no activity since AUG 2011 and you come to ask a loan?. If I were you I'd post a signed message with the terms of the loan, timestamp and links, to prove you own that GPG identity. Looks like the typical hacked forum account. Sorry.

You can prove you own the site you claim to own too. I'm not implying anything yet.
praxeologist (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 02:22:30 PM

I was worried that there would be some concern with this, but no it is the real me. I kind of stopped using #bitcoin-OTC when they required PGP to log in and I always had some issues with that. I was using a different computer then, but I hope I can pull all of that back out and figure out how to do the PGP. I have some bitcoins stored on an old wallet too, but I will need to spend the time to learn how to recover the wallet.

I certainly own the website you see mentioned in my OTC profile and will respond to the email in my forum profile. The payment processor I am talking about with the delay also cause a bunch of issues with taking payments and that is part of why I put my website in maint mode. I tossed up the message Error 40 to prove I have control over my website though if that helps.

I am available by phone and would like to get the ball rolling today if possible. I will boot up my old computer and try to do the PGP tonight though if needed.

fabrizziop

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 04:20:04 PM

I was worried that there would be some concern with this, but no it is the real me. I kind of stopped using #bitcoin-OTC when they required PGP to log in and I always had some issues with that. I was using a different computer then, but I hope I can pull all of that back out and figure out how to do the PGP. I have some bitcoins stored on an old wallet too, but I will need to spend the time to learn how to recover the wallet.

I certainly own the website you see mentioned in my OTC profile and will respond to the email in my forum profile. The payment processor I am talking about with the delay also cause a bunch of issues with taking payments and that is part of why I put my website in maint mode. I tossed up the message Error 40 to prove I have control over my website though if that helps.

I am available by phone and would like to get the ball rolling today if possible. I will boot up my old computer and try to do the PGP tonight though if needed.

My message was to other lenders, as this is too much risk for me. Thanks.
praxeologist (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:28:00 PM

Considering that part of your post was, "If I were you, I would blah blah blah with PGP", it seems like it was to me. I guess I can see some concern with hacked accounts and that it has been so long since I posted here, but I just don't use bitcoin much nowadays. I occasionally use it for international payments, straight to MtGox then Dwolla.

I don't appreciate you saying "this looks very suspicious" though and it seems like you are being too paranoid or having some sort of logic failure. My OTC ranking includes mention of my website for my little ecig company I need the loan for. I put up "Error 40" to show I have control of it and could change this message to something else. You are saying that not only was my forum account hacked, but also all of my info to log in to my company website? Do you really think that?

I can show emails to the people at the processing company (Clover) being confused about my $1K limit then being mad about the 1 month hold. I guess "the hacker" got into my gmail and 2 factor auth (also required for Clover too, as Clover is linked to a mobile phone).

Here is a screenshot of my Clover account from the other day and then today, as well as it showing I need my mobile phone to even log in. I left the tab with the older screenshot open on my computer for a few days and it shows the last deposit before I hit my limit which came out Monday the 27th for some reason. I don't know why their account manager always says no past withdrawals when there have been. They are a relatively new company and the dashboard also says coming soon for some other feature, so it isn't perfect.

Privately for a lender, I have no problem scanning in my driver's license/recent mail along with a personalized message. I can probably also google up something with my real name linked to my business. I think I even might somewhere have a copy of the newspaper article when my local paper did an article on bitcoin! (not sure where it is though)

I know this might seem like some sort of scammy rush tactic, but I am just wondering if I don't get a loan until tomorrow if the funds will even clear to my bank by Friday from Dwolla. I will try to figure out how to recover the PGP linked to my OTC account. I don't even have IRC on my new computer but I will probably have to recover my cloak or whatever for freenode too. I gave nanotube some PGP thing I think before it was even required to get into the channel.. then when that change occurred I had some sort of trouble doing whatever I had to and didn't feel like spending the time.

Hopefully someone can see this is not a scam. Whatever risk you are taking is why you get the ridiculous percentage you do for the service.

fabrizziop

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:34:21 PM

Considering that part of your post was, "If I were you, I would blah blah blah with PGP", it seems like it was to me. I guess I can see some concern with hacked accounts and that it has been so long since I posted here, but I just don't use bitcoin much nowadays. I occasionally use it for international payments, straight to MtGox then Dwolla.

I don't appreciate you saying "this looks very suspicious" though and it seems like you are being too paranoid or having some sort of logic failure. My OTC ranking includes mention of my website for my little ecig company I need the loan for. I put up "Error 40" to show I have control of it and could change this message to something else. You are saying that not only was my forum account hacked, but also all of my info to log in to my company website? Do you really think that?

I can show emails to the people at the processing company (Clover) being confused about my $1K limit then being mad about the 1 month hold. I guess "the hacker" got into my gmail and 2 factor auth (also required for Clover too, as Clover is linked to a mobile phone).

Here is a screenshot of my Clover account from the other day and then today, as well as it showing I need my mobile phone to even log in. I left the tab with the older screenshot open on my computer for a few days and it shows the last deposit before I hit my limit which came out Monday the 27th for some reason. I don't know why their account manager always says no past withdrawals when there have been. They are a relatively new company and the dashboard also says coming soon for some other feature, so it isn't perfect.

Privately for a lender, I have no problem scanning in my driver's license/recent mail along with a personalized message. I can probably also google up something with my real name linked to my business. I think I even might somewhere have a copy of the newspaper article when my local paper did an article on bitcoin! (not sure where it is though)

I know this might seem like some sort of scammy rush tactic, but I am just wondering if I don't get a loan until tomorrow if the funds will even clear to my bank by Friday from Dwolla. I will try to figure out how to recover the PGP linked to my OTC account. I don't even have IRC on my new computer but I will probably have to recover my cloak or whatever for freenode too. I gave nanotube some PGP thing I think before it was even required to get into the channel.. then when that change occurred I had some sort of trouble doing whatever I had to and didn't feel like spending the time.

Hopefully someone can see this is not a scam. Whatever risk you are taking is why you get the ridiculous percentage you do for the service.

Well, I said that as we recently had an influx of hacked forums accounts since the mtgox leak, and I saw lots of people getting scammed by accounts idle since august/september 2011. As I said, if you signed a message you would prove your identity, and that would probably get you the loan quickly from someone.  However I can't speak for anyone.

Thanks for your attention.
praxeologist (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 05:52:49 PM

My old MtGox account was part of those which got hacked. My forum account never got hacked. I have a new MtGox account now and don't use that same password for anything else.

I don't know how to "sign a message" in PGP. Not everyone who attempts to use bitcoin is an expert linux hacker.

This is the link to some gibberish on my OTC rating: http://pool.sks-keyservers.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x05EC22B9A0119189344EF3786FCB388C6281BDB0

Now what do I do with that? I have no clue. I am going to drag out my old computer and look to see what I have with PGP.

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:45:38 PM

My old MtGox account was part of those which got hacked. My forum account never got hacked. I have a new MtGox account now and don't use that same password for anything else.

I don't know how to "sign a message" in PGP. Not everyone who attempts to use bitcoin is an expert linux hacker.

This is the link to some gibberish on my OTC rating: http://pool.sks-keyservers.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0x05EC22B9A0119189344EF3786FCB388C6281BDB0

Now what do I do with that? I have no clue. I am going to drag out my old computer and look to see what I have with PGP.
If you have your PGP key, just go to download Kleopatra or Crytophane. Their GUI based system is pretty self-explanatory to use.
praxeologist (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:52:25 PM

I don't have my PGP key. See my support thread for details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104467.new#new

Between getting my old wallet with 11 BTC and a refund initiated for something, I can probably squeak by at this point.

I might be able to get whatever to get my old key for OTC, but really I don't know if anyone is even considering to lend and it is a pain in the ass, plus the money might not even get to me in time now. Dwolla to my bank is fairly fast I think, but not 1 day fast.

Anyhow, I am still open to a 10-20 BTC loan because being dead broke sucks and will hold me back. I don't see how anyone can think my account is hacked and this is a scammer with all of the other alternative methods of proof I can give.

If you might lend, but need me to be able to clearsign something related to OTC (not even sure how to do this), please tell me your rates.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: