Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:51:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Bitcoin Price-Chart: the price is fractal, so the pattern will repeat. 💸  (Read 9489 times)
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 08:54:19 PM

Well, people can chill out about the block size.  It will be upgraded soon.  

And I am sick of hearing about how Gox forged the price in 2013.  The price was the price: shut up already.  

At the next bubble you idiot trolls will be saying that it's only wild speculators 'faking' the price and driving it up...  It's not really that high.  

FACT: People were buying and selling bitcoin for that price.  

FACT: That pattern falls into the same fractal as the other bitcoin price movements.  

FACT: The peak of the next bubble will surprise almost everyone who will think it's *way* too high.  So if most people think the peak will be $8,000 you can expect the peak to be $20,000.  

FACT: Mastercard is a fucking idiot for hiring you trolls instead of using that money to figure out to profit from bitcoin.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjclarke2000
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:27:07 PM

And I am sick of hearing about how Gox forged the price in 2013.  The price was the price: shut up already.  

At the next bubble you idiot trolls will be saying that it's only wild speculators 'faking' the price and driving it up...  It's not really that high.  

FACT: That pattern falls into the same fractal as the other bitcoin price movements.  

FACT: The peak of the next bubble will surprise almost everyone who will think it's *way* too high.  So if most people think the peak will be $8,000 you can expect the peak to be $20,000.  

FACT: Mastercard is a fucking idiot for hiring you trolls instead of using that money to figure out to profit from bitcoin.

I am a big fan of facts....

Especially fact 3
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:21:45 AM

The Pegafractal Cryptograph Currency Conjecture is already changing the face of bitcoin speculation.   

Even now I see scientists all over the forums using these new breakthroughs to accurately model and predict imminent price movements. 

I am very proud.

minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:51:56 AM

Well, I agree with some of those claims, and disagree with others. Yes, people traded coins at those prices, BUT: Willy effectively eliminated the supply of new coins. He accounted for (IIRC) 10% of the total volume on Gox at that time only buying coins. 10% doesn't sound like much, but it actually is incredibly much if it's only buying coins and never selling them again. That would mean the true influx of new buying power afterwards reverted to (almost) the levels before Willy was active (minus new people in the game). Bottom line: Yes, it wasn't only Willy, and new people really joined the game due to the high spike in price, but it wasn't only natural growth.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 11:53:18 AM

He accounted for (IIRC) 10% of the total volume on Gox at that time only buying coins. 10% doesn't sound like much, but it actually is incredibly much if it's only buying coins and never selling them again.

No one knows yet, but the likelihood is that Willy was buying coins that didn't exist with USD that didn't exist. I'm sure coins and money were dribbling out in limited quantities but that 10% extra volume was possibly entirely fictional.
minerpumpkin

Activity: 686

A pumpkin mines 27 hours a night

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 01:01:30 PM

He accounted for (IIRC) 10% of the total volume on Gox at that time only buying coins. 10% doesn't sound like much, but it actually is incredibly much if it's only buying coins and never selling them again.

No one knows yet, but the likelihood is that Willy was buying coins that didn't exist with USD that didn't exist. I'm sure coins and money were dribbling out in limited quantities but that 10% extra volume was possibly entirely fictional.

I don't know... Doesn't the Willy Report state that Willy was buying those coins (which may or may not be real) with fictional USD? I believe he bought the coins with false USD, and thus drove the price up (also the surrounding trading, of course). If they really were malevolent, Gox could then theoretically have sold those coins, after turning Willy off, at a high premium, and thus recouped potential FIAT losses, while speculating they wouldn't run out of BTC.

I should have gotten into Bitcoin back in 1992...
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 04:47:59 PM

I don't know... Doesn't the Willy Report state that Willy was buying those coins (which may or may not be real) with fictional USD? I believe he bought the coins with false USD, and thus drove the price up (also the surrounding trading, of course). If they really were malevolent, Gox could then theoretically have sold those coins, after turning Willy off, at a high premium, and thus recouped potential FIAT losses, while speculating they wouldn't run out of BTC.

That ignores the fact that China was the initial exchange in most major price movements. And MtGox de-coupled from all of the other exchanges when it came to price. Everyone knew that it was not real. People were even paying 10:1 for "MtGox coins" toward the end. They tended to be 10-30% higher price than all of the other exchanges.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 12:55:15 PM

dependent on revolutionary breakthroughs in mining

The Jinn project has been worked on diligently for months behind the scenes, and we are finally ready to share it with the world.

Jinn is the first modern ternary general purpose processor.
Look that: https://nxtforum.org/news-and-announcements/(ann)-jinn/msg106247/#msg106247

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 06:26:27 PM

Indeed, bubbles always are a big surprise, and they get higher than logically imagined previously. Similarly, people thought you were insane, and ready to enter a mental asylum if you claimed Bitcoin would reach 100 dollars EVER, we all know that happened, so add at least a zero after whatever prediction you are doing as future ATHs.
encryptedcharms

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2017, 02:08:20 AM

Lol you're welcome btw.   Cheesy
fallinglantern

Activity: 260
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 02:30:00 AM

See that peak on the left?  That's the old $1,000 all-time-high from 2014.  Cheesy  

https://i.imgur.com/cSNy0x6.jpg  

It's gonna be fucking NUTS.  Can you even imagine the news coverage and how the Internet is going to blow up?  Y'all better be upgrading your servers *now*.

The self-similarity is pretty impressive:
cryptodontus

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:33:46 AM

I'm not sure why people keep thinking bitcoin behavior can be adequately modeled by anything remotely linear...I guess I've just studied too much math? I'm not even a professional mathematician . . . Damped sinusoidal function with exponential amplitude and geometric period co-efficient sub functions does an alright job. But I'm just looking at this intuitively, I haven't actually calculated anything.

Calling it fractal and showing these graphs is the best I've seen someone do so far (not that I've looked too hard). Although they should probably be scaled logarithmically for better predictive power, this gets the pattern across fairly well.
pompatore

Activity: 787
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 02, 2017, 07:38:03 AM

https://medium.com/@mcasey0827/speculative-bitcoin-adoption-price-theory-2eed48ecf7da

is the cicle over?
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:42:40 AM

Bitcoinaire

Activity: 696
Merit: 439

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:05:36 AM

americanpegasus, the legend. We want more thought on bitcoin and monero!
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 03:45:00 AM

Wow... This topic hasn't been edited since 2015. So you predicted a peak and you predicted that it will happen in 2017. That is amazing. If the rise is anything like the last time, it won't be long before we hit 5 digits.
megadeth

Activity: 289
Merit: 252

bagholder since 2013

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:02:40 AM

PEGASuSSS! welcome back

bagholder since 2013
My sig space is not for sale.
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:14:59 AM

PEGASuSSS! welcome back

I never left.  My attention has just been elsewhere.  But yes, it's good to recognize old faces. 😊

americanpegasus, the legend. We want more thought on bitcoin and monero!

I have become aware of something incredibly profound happening in the market space for crypto.  It's so remarkable that I'm not even sure those working on it understand all the ramifications.  Ultimately it may do for exchanges what bitcoin did for money itself... Imagine an open source program that automatically market makes an asset and returns money to you.  Imagine this code given away for free, out in the open, and encouraged for everyone to use.  This is coming soon.  Bitcoin allowed everyone to have the power of the mint.  Well soon the power of Wall Street hedge funds will be in the hands of all market participants as well. 

But in the meantime....  Woooo! 

neilol-real

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:00:40 PM

Very interested in your new projects. Good to see you around these parts again
americanpegasus (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2017, 06:52:20 PM

This account is now back under the control of the real^tm americanpegasus.  Someone ethical handed over the password back to me, thankfully.  I am sorry for any nonsense that has been happening while the account was in other hands.

Now let's get back to eerily accurate predictions about the future. 

#fuckicos #fuckethereum #fuckscammysigcampaigns #ugh

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: