Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:29:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes you invest in a coin?  (Read 1070 times)
TheMystic (OP)

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:13:17 PM

I know that there many things to consider when investing in a coin. Some people look at the charts while others look at the fundamentals. What do you consider to be the most important factor when deciding if you are going to invest in a coin?

► ClipX ◄ ♦ The World’s first Blockchain E-Learning Platform ♦ ► ClipX ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂ | ▸Whitepaper
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:16:58 PM

To me, the developer is at least one of the most important factors. Some can code, but they have no business sense. Others can promote a coin, but they can't code their way out of a paper bag. I'm looking for a development team that can handle all parts of producing and maintaining a successful coin.

Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 01:22:12 AM

For me the only thing that matters is what the coin could offer in terms of better technology compared to bitcoin taken as a benchmark. If you notice, most of the newly launched coins whitepaper is just a spun off of whatever existing bitcoin write up. Things I would be interested on is the algo, speed, security and if these core elements are there, naturally people will see it as having potential. Sadly nowadays all the new coins are purely marketing based.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 07:34:33 AM

Imho - the answer is pretty simple (but execution is not) if we are not talking about day trading.

1. Name - It's the coin's "face" and it is extremely important. You can't "sell" (adopt) CyberGoatCoin (for example). This is not serious.
2. Active developer - There are a lot of good coders around, but most of them sucks on communication. It is not enough only to update specs, you have to be also "with the people".
3. Strong coin network - A coin must be secured in order to trust that your investment will not be lost, because of some issue.
4. Strong social network - This is something that about 90% of the coins are missing. We are not talking only about hype, we are talking about foundation, which is extremely vital in order to complete 5th step.
5. Business oriented thinking - If you ask me, this is something which 98% ot the coins are missing. Lately we are all witnessing numerous coin launches with fancy roadmaps, great wallets and specs, but this is not that important, because you actually must sell that. And you have to do it for months and years ahead. It is not enough just to list it on big exchange, make some good volume, rise in price and profit. This is why most of the coins are dying right/soon after they are launched.

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:38:56 AM

I know that there many things to consider when investing in a coin. Some people look at the charts while others look at the fundamentals. What do you consider to be the most important factor when deciding if you are going to invest in a coin?

When it's trending up, I buy.  When it's trending down, I try to borrow the coin from my friends and sell them, buy back lower and return the coins I borrowed (for a small fee of course).  Been going good so far.  I'm still learning how to trade well.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:49:16 AM

Mainly how active is the developer team less talk more actions please.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:02:50 AM

First I'm watching is there any fenomenal promotion that have been made by new coin. For example : I'm invest Stellar since fenomenal promotion through this forum.
Then I'm also checked the price and what exchanger that accept those coin. If the price quite high and stable , that's become my consideration to invest it. About exchanger, I'm prefer that coin able to accept by well known exchanger such as poloniex & bittrex
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 01:15:59 PM

Imho - the answer is pretty simple (but execution is not) if we are not talking about day trading.

1. Name - It's the coin's "face" and it is extremely important. You can't "sell" (adopt) CyberGoatCoin (for example). This is not serious.
2. Active developer - There are a lot of good coders around, but most of them sucks on communication. It is not enough only to update specs, you have to be also "with the people".
3. Strong coin network - A coin must be secured in order to trust that your investment will not be lost, because of some issue.
4. Strong social network - This is something that about 90% of the coins are missing. We are not talking only about hype, we are talking about foundation, which is extremely vital in order to complete 5th step.
5. Business oriented thinking - If you ask me, this is something which 98% ot the coins are missing. Lately we are all witnessing numerous coin launches with fancy roadmaps, great wallets and specs, but this is not that important, because you actually must sell that. And you have to do it for months and years ahead. It is not enough just to list it on big exchange, make some good volume, rise in price and profit. This is why most of the coins are dying right/soon after they are launched.

100% Digibyte imho

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 01:54:38 PM

100% Digibyte imho

Looking at your avatar and signature is making it obvious. Grin

JackRipper

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 01:59:29 PM

That's a pretty comprehensive list of the fundamentals. following your list wouldn't guarantee anybody profits (obviously), but it would help steer them in the right direction. It would also help them avoid a lot of losing investments.

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 02:26:44 PM

.... fundamentals....

... is what most of the coins don't have. Smiley

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:29:05 PM

"What makes you invest in a coin?" If we are talking about medium/long term investment then, only proven good performance, long term active dev who actually delivers new features and fixes and long term active community. These conditions are making my job quite easy, only a very few coins can pass Smiley.

Edit: +1: real life services...

If we are talking about short term "investment" aka gambling on the exchanges I don't give a damn about features, devs, community, whatever. Only volume and the orderbook matters.
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:29:40 PM

Best Answer in my case Tongue
The Crowd

spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 02:41:54 PM

If we are talking about short term "investment" aka gambling on the exchanges I don't give a damn about features, devs, community, whatever. Only volume and the orderbook matters.

This is unfortunately true. Smiley Though I have the same opinion, I will always keep the romance in me. Warrent Buffet once said - "The investor of today does not profit from yesterday's growth.". This is how I like it. Smiley

tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:50:10 PM

This is unfortunately true. Smiley Though I have the same opinion, I will always keep the romance in me. Warrent Buffet once said - "The investor of today does not profit from yesterday's growth.". This is how I like it. Smiley

Warren Buffet is a master manipulator.  http://streetwiseprofessor.com/?p=6027

Let me part with my own quote "Behind every great fortune there is a crime." - Honore de Balzac

Oh and Buffet himself said that Bitcoin is worthless.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 02:52:58 PM

"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." - Honore de Balzac

My point is that profit/fortune is building with efforts and work, not by manipulations. You are right about Buffet, but he is far to be only one who is doing it. It is normal for billionaires and conglomerates.

P.S. I know what he thinks about Bitcoin, but I don't care... the guy doesn't even have computer. Smiley It's like some medieval knight to tell me that machine gun is useless. Cheesy

24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:48:40 PM

100% Digibyte imho

Looking at your avatar and signature is making it obvious. Grin

Haha yeah you are right but dont you think Digibyte haves it al?

Digibyte,Good,strong an catchy
Jared Tate, 1,3 years constant development and always looking to network with other devs and people outside the crypto.

3300+ nodes, multi-algo,Digishield.

Check for Jared tate and Digibyte.
https://hk.linkedin.com/in/jaredctate
https://twitter.com/DigiByteCoin
https://www.linkedin.com/company/digibyte-payment-network
Always socializing and helping others, Helped out Naut (BK) Dogecoin with Digishield.

I think Q 4 is enough Smiley
250k investment last year.
http://www.coindesk.com/digibyte-raises-250k-altcoin-retail-payments/
1 office in HK and 1 office in USA

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
evi_stale

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:13:23 PM

Sorry I found this a bit funny since you have "Failcoin" in your signature  Cheesy
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:40:04 PM

Invest, these things take 5 minutes to make.

"The value of crypto is that perceived by a crazy person." Quote muddafudda April 2015
hellscabane
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:48:12 PM

How badly it can tear my asshole apart. The more tearing, the better. I like it rough...  Wink

I mean, who doesn't like a "crap" coin destroying the place it came from right?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: