Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:16:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldman & Investors put $50 Million in Bitcoin Industry  (Read 2234 times)
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:28:30 PM

Circle turned out to be just another lie?

remember when they promised no fee's?

guess what, all the convenience methods have fee's! gotcha!

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:29:14 PM

let's hope this isn't another useless news, where the price rise a little at first and then again it occurs another dump

anyway i would not use the word mainstream yet, we are far away from that...

I don't think that the bitcoin price is affected by "Good" news anymore, it's more about demand  and demand rises with news but this doesn't apply to bitcoin since the bad news were more powerful than good new like these

Any news is good news because it attracts a number of audiences; it increases awareness of the general public that will help them decide whether they will follow in using it or not. Also, seeing that money is being poured towards some bitcoin projects, the public would also do the same thinking that they're not alone in investing in it.
With that logic bitcoin price would have skyrocketed with all the recent good news these past week. But it did not affect it the price yet, mainstream people still think that bitcoin got "hacked" after the Mt.Gox thing.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 06:30:38 PM

let's hope this isn't another useless news, where the price rise a little at first and then again it occurs another dump

I don't think that the bitcoin price is affected by "Good" news anymore, it's more about demand  and demand rises with news but this doesn't apply to bitcoin since the bad news were more powerful than good new like these
No? What if the USA announced that they're going to leave the dollar behind and make Bitcoin the national currency? It is influenced by news but we don't have the media coverage that we've had in the past.
It was all rainbows before the spike and after it was mostly all dark.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ashour

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:31:15 PM

Well they need a way to earn revenue or else they  would go bankrupt. The other way they could make revenue is with monitoring the users activities and selling it to 3rd parties.
ashour

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:34:39 PM

What if the USA announced that they're going to leave the dollar behind and make Bitcoin the national currency?
This will never happen, bitcoin is still small  and popular as you think. The Market cap is around $3 billions which are peanuts for the US government, heck even a billionaire like warren buffet or mark zuckerberg could buy every bitcoin that is available.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:35:47 PM

Well they need a way to earn revenue or else they  would go bankrupt. The other way they could make revenue is with monitoring the users activities and selling it to 3rd parties.

they shouldn't have lied then

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:42:37 PM

Any news is good news because it attracts a number of audiences; it increases awareness of the general public that will help them decide whether they will follow in using it or not. Also, seeing that money is being poured towards some bitcoin projects, the public would also do the same thinking that they're not alone in investing in it.
With that logic bitcoin price would have skyrocketed with all the recent good news these past week. But it did not affect it the price yet, mainstream people still think that bitcoin got "hacked" after the Mt.Gox thing.

Well people wouldn't jump on-board with such news, but it increases their awareness about bitcoin, which I think is good. It sets up their mind and see their options before diving in it. I personally won't touch anything introduced in the news but I would do a research before I dive deeper.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:42:13 AM

Well people wouldn't jump on-board with such news, but it increases their awareness about bitcoin, which I think is good. It sets up their mind and see their options before diving in it. I personally won't touch anything introduced in the news but I would do a research before I dive deeper.

As another member on this forum said people become pregnant with bitcoin.  What i think then happens is the price starts going up due to the nature limited supply rule and steady growth in all other areas of bitcoin.  The media attention kicks in about the price and the people who before just passed bitcoin off as nerd money have a bitcoin baby (they buy in, read more).
Amevalentine

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:57:49 AM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-goes-mainstream-174241858.html

BTCitcoin is going mainstream now after the financial giant invested in Circle Internet Financial

http://blog.circle.com/2015/04/29/new-circle-investors-new-us-dollar-account-features-china-horizons/

which is a service enabling consumers to do dollar transactions (i.e. hold, send, receive), as well as pay
any merchant who accepts Bitcoin.

4 hours later today, the news said the Bitcoin price broke above the long-term downtrend.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-price-breaks-long-term-trendline/

Looks like the price will be going up, and what most of you guys are waiting on.

since many issued was coming up before.
so i guess price range in $2xx its would be stable for along year
scryptasicminer

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:36:46 AM

There is no price action after the news.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 11:16:06 AM

What if the USA announced that they're going to leave the dollar behind and make Bitcoin the national currency?
This will never happen, bitcoin is still small  and popular as you think. The Market cap is around $3 billions which are peanuts for the US government, heck even a billionaire like warren buffet or mark zuckerberg could buy every bitcoin that is available.
That was a rhetorical question. Why would you even think that I would think that such scenario would be possible?
That's wrong. Define available? On the market? He would run out of funds after a certain amount of Bitcoin have been sold. You have to factor in people who won't sell unless you give them $100 000 per Bitcoin.
You have to factor in Satoshi and similar.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 11:54:54 AM

awareness is good and all, as long as those news do not paint a bad picture of bitcoin, which was the case with some of them, and the for the rest , the good news... sometimes they appear as a lie or only a way to increase services revenue/or boosting their imagines, like the one about circle

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 05:03:54 PM

There is no price action after the news.

investments doesn't mean that it will get the price up short term. long term it might have a decent impact on bitcoin. only time will tell.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:51:32 PM

Where did they say "no fees forever"?
Most of those "no fee" claims are just temporary offers to get new clients. Everyone does it unfortunately, it is never forever, which is a pain in the ass and ends up making an impact on their business unless they are behemots of the sector and people will keep using their services due simple network effect. But if they are not, they'll just lose clients as they find another service that is under "no fee" hours.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 09:22:01 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2015, 09:58:58 PM by chmod755

That was a rhetorical question. Why would you even think that I would think that such scenario would be possible?
That's wrong. Define available? On the market? He would run out of funds after a certain amount of Bitcoin have been sold. You have to factor in people who won't sell unless you give them $100 000 per Bitcoin.

Of course you won't be able to buy all Bitcoins, but you will probably get more than 4 million BTC for 1 billion USD (right now)

phenam (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:29:22 AM

The $50 million is a pooled investment co-led by Goldman and IDG. Of course this isn't much to Goldman, but this is probably more than enough for to company invested in to fulfill their objectives, hence they now have a large network among the investors, and there are multiple investors here. Circle is the company that will bring more demands to Bitcoin on the mainstream.

Recently I studied how to make money on Bitcoin, but the profits are not very rewarding now. At least now there is good news to expect greater demands. I'll just wait a couple months to see if the market has made any significant entry points. If the profits are greater that time, then I'll be in the game.

dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 03:08:30 AM

I hope this is not a hoax. I also hope that the price of bitcoin will skyrocket at a time and continue to skyrocket

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
peeveepee

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 04:36:56 AM

Where did they say "no fees forever"?
Most of those "no fee" claims are just temporary offers to get new clients. Everyone does it unfortunately, it is never forever, which is a pain in the ass and ends up making an impact on their business unless they are behemots of the sector and people will keep using their services due simple network effect. But if they are not, they'll just lose clients as they find another service that is under "no fee" hours.

Yes. And no fee actually make people skeptic about its business model.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 06:23:05 AM

The fact that investors put it in is an indication of this being strictly a business move rather than trying to get social integration of the concept of Bitcoin with the general public. It definitely puts the spotlight on Bitcoin though.
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:02:13 AM

Its obvious where bitcoin is going if this cannot stimulate price rises I don't know what can
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: