Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 08:20:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you Believe in Professional Fudders?  (Read 1629 times)
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 02:31:31 PM

100% true, but most suck

shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 02:52:25 PM

I don't think there are professional fudders when all it needs is to dump an altcoin and release some ' bad ' news is enough to make people panicand dump their coins at low price.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:29:54 PM

[100% upfront payment] Earn 1 BTC a month to spread fud and troll
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=819814.0

Hiring Full Time Internet Troll
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1146084.0

Trolling Services - 0.5 mBTC per troll post!*
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254050.0

Are you an angry bastard - Get $$ to be a Troll
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=769926.0
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:32:13 PM

I guess we all just don't want to beleive this stuff is going on.. The internet has made spreading rumors so easy... I just wonder what is in it for these people? Maybe a way to manipulate the price down at certain points to buy cheap coins again?
mookid

Activity: 446
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 10:29:27 PM

Hired trolls? Come on people, of course they exist. There's always people ready to criticize other peoples work. We see this all the time on altcoins threads, look for example at the sheer amount of people that spreads rumors about Monero (XMR), to an extend that seems like they are hired to exactly do that, dump shit on a project.
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2015, 10:49:32 PM

[100% upfront payment] Earn 1 BTC a month to spread fud and troll
Hiring Full Time Internet Troll
Trolling Services - 0.5 mBTC per troll post!*
Are you an angry bastard - Get $$ to be a Troll

I dunno, after reading those threads I find myself slightly encouraged, assuming the links are a representative selection. Opportunistically expedient, yes, but not professional. Nor is there any evidence of an ecosystem in which pros could survive.

Then there’s the complete suspension of disbelief required in order to mentally encompass the terms “professional” and “bitcointalk” in the same sentence.

Cheers

Graham
Digitalcoin Foundation

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 01:29:53 AM

Trolls are often used to promote coins as well. Get the community fired up and have someone to focus anger on. People often come together around a common enemy, so a resident troll isn't always bad.
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 07:26:06 PM

It's called "message boards", welcome.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 08:41:45 PM

I don't think they exist, and the 'professional FUDder' is a myth promulgated by those who wish to deflect criticism of their pet coins' flaws.

When one coin takes 3 months to build up to 100 pages of posts and suddenly 200 more pages in the thread springs up in just 24 hours with an army of new sock puppets who all begin fudding the coin, that is suspicious in itself, just saying. I won't say which coin this is but I remember that terrible day and the absolute madhouse this place became.

So yes I believe the professional FUDders do exist, at least they did when the alt market was more healthy and more money to be made. Now the fud is mostly just stupid juvenile shit from kids looking for a small dump.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:11:24 PM

I don't think they exist, and the 'professional FUDder' is a myth promulgated by those who wish to deflect criticism of their pet coins' flaws.

So yes I believe the professional FUDders do exist, at least they did when the alt market was more healthy and more money to be made. Now the fud is mostly just stupid juvenile shit from kids looking for a small dump.

Exactly this! I guess that together with crypto depression, there has been a troll depression as well. Smiley

No but seriously, I have seen many more trolls before, especially in the altcoin section and with the various coins. Today, they are pretty much gone. You can still see some trolls in the price speculation thread and I guess they were quite busy with the XT situation. There was a lot of work to done there on the both sides.
BurstIncomeAsset

Activity: 504
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 09:39:55 PM

It seems to me that many altcoins are getting FUDDED now: BURST, NXT , LTC ,etc.

I just think this is a natural reaction to social pressure. But after they stop the price will reverse immediately, and resume the uptrend.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:01:41 AM

I say yeah because I know for a fact that guys are hired to advertise / spam about a coin so
it makes sense that it would work the other way too.

but I have always despised the word FUD and I don't even want to get into that LOL
little morons cry FUD at the drop of a hat around here for any reason.

FUD first & ask questions later™
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 03:24:26 AM

I say yeah because I know for a fact that guys are hired to advertise / spam about a coin so
it makes sense that it would work the other way too.

but I have always despised the word FUD and I don't even want to get into that LOL
little morons cry FUD at the drop of a hat around here for any reason.

As someone involved with a reasonably high profile coin I can tell you we have been solicited at least once (and I think more than once) by people offering these services. Since these services exist it stands to reason that someone is indeed using them.

And that's just the coin-on-coin competitive aspect of it, and doesn't include those who might want to undermine the entire concept.

(No we haven't ever hired them.)
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2015, 06:34:58 AM

fudding, when done right can cause at least some trouble. but as always, if the product is foolproof, even the most dedicated fudders will face issues in talking it down.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: