Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 04:05:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem posting  (Read 941 times)
selje82 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:38:09 PM

Hi!

I can't post anything, it says I have posted one in the last 360 seconds, but I didn't.  Huh
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:40:51 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 05:04:56 PM by deluxeCITY

Hi!

I can't post anything, it says I have posted one in the last 360 seconds, but I didn't.  Huh

Hi and welcome to the forum! That is strange I can see you have not posted to get that message, I only have one idea and that could be because you are using the tor browser, are you using tor? If problem continues start a thread in the meta section and admin or staff maybe able to help. You was getting that message but managed to post this thread? lol
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:43:42 PM

Hi!

I can't post anything, it says I have posted one in the last 360 seconds, but I didn't.  Huh

it is just a precaution for spam. it s not a problem. there is nothing to do besides wating 360 sec for other posts Smiley
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:47:19 PM

hi there welcome to the forum...and not only you because every newbie here can post only every 360 seconds or more
don't worry just wait for 6 minutes will not take a long time after that you can post again
selje82 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 02:53:49 PM

Hi! I have been waiting for 30 minutes, but still can't post in the GramCoin threat.  Huh

Thanks for welcoming me guys.  Cheesy
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:08:27 PM

Welcome to the forum...
The only thing I see here is, this maybe because you might be having a shared IP and someone is already using BCT Forum through that IP, if that's the case, I think that you need to see your ISP to resolve this matter...

selje82 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:18:36 PM

Welcome to the forum...
The only thing I see here is, this maybe because you might be having a shared IP and someone is already using BCT Forum through that IP, if that's the case, I think that you need to see your ISP to resolve this matter...

I don't have any family members using this forum, so I should be the only one with this IP adress.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:40:02 PM

here the code why you're need to wait before able to posting again

Wait Times
Code:
waittime = 360;
if(activity >= 15)
        waittime = (int)(90 - activity);
if(activity >= 60)
        waittime=(int)(34.7586 - (0.0793103 * activity));
if(activity >= 100)
        waittime = max((int)(14-(activity/50)), 4);

or in other word, you have to make 15 post to pass 6 minutes wait time,..right ?
selje82 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:53:28 PM

Wait Times
Code:
waittime = 360;
if(activity >= 15)
if(activity >= 60)
if(activity >= 100)

or in other word, you have to make 15 post to pass 6 minutes wait time,..right ?

Yes, I do understand that, but I can only post in this forum, not in the forum I want to post, even if I wait for 30 min.
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:56:12 PM

Wait Times
Code:
waittime = 360;
if(activity >= 15)
if(activity >= 60)
if(activity >= 100)

Yes, I do understand that, but I can only post in this forum, not in the forum I want to post, even if I wait for 30 min.

The wait time decreases with forum rank. Newbies have a high waiting time and jr. members, full members and sr. members a much lower waiting time. Some time ago it was only permitted to post in this forum (the newbie jail). That was removed and newbies could post in many forums. Recently we got a new forum so that may have something to do with it. Huh Smiley

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
TenderLoins

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:57:50 PM

You have to stop trying to press back and repost, open a completely different link to post
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 03:59:23 PM

Hi!

I can't post anything, it says I have posted one in the last 360 seconds, but I didn't.  Huh

Hi and welcome to the forum! That is strange I can see you have not posted to get that message, I only have one idea and that could be because you are using the tor browser, are you using tor? If not start a thread in the meta section and admin or staff maybe able to help. You was getting that message but managed to post this thread? lol

Tor has nothing to do with this.

The time you have to wait gets reset for certain activites such as:

- searching
- reporting to a moderator
- sending a PM
- posting

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
eneilwex

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 04:31:40 PM

same here  Huh
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:44:35 PM

I made the experience that the message also appears if you change your profile or forum settings. Means that each activity, no matter it is posting or not, is banning you for 360 seconds from posting.
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:50:58 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 05:02:37 PM by deluxeCITY

Hi!

Hi and welcome to the forum! That is strange I can see you have not posted to get that message, I only have one idea and that could be because you are using the tor browser, are you using tor? If not start a thread in the meta section and admin or staff maybe able to help. You was getting that message but managed to post this thread? lol

Tor has nothing to do with this.

The time you have to wait gets reset for certain activites such as:

- searching
- reporting to a moderator
- sending a PM
- posting

As I said, it was not fact just an 'idea' and that was because he had not posted when he was getting that 360 message, which was my reason for asking him whether he was using that or not. If not then I said post a thread because I would have been all out of 'ideas'.

So your list has some new things to me as it was a long time ago I had to wait the 360. Example if I was again a newbie and had 360 second message and before that 360 seconds someone logged in on tor threw the same IP would that mean it gets reset and I have to wait the full 360 seconds?

If yes this was my point about tor but someone posting from that same address.

Edit: Thanks for clearing that up I believed the 360 message was because of the IP and looks like I was confused with it being the same as the 45seconds you have to wait logging in from the same IP.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 04:58:53 PM

-snip-
So your list has some new things to me as it was a long time ago I had to wait the 360. Example if I was again a newbie and had 360 second message and before that 360 seconds someone logged in on tor threw the same IP would that mean it gets reset and I have to wait the full 360 seconds?

If yes this was my point about tor but someone posting from that same address.

Thanks in advance..

The IP-Address you are posting from is irrelevant for the limitation. Its only important when registering an account, but thats another issue. When it comes to the 360 seconds limitation it only matters what you did last, tyz added some things to the list that I missed. Its hard to tell for me because I have a 5 second limit and there is very little I normally do in 5 seconds to trigger the warning.
I have a lower ranked alt though and I can e.g. post from my phone, log into the account at work and edit the post I just made on the phone without triggering the warning. I assume this is because editing is not limited. I also sometimes see newbies reply through an edit to a post below, probably to answer without triggering the limit.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
selje82 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:24:15 PM

Thanks for all the comments, great help for a new guy on this forum. At least now I got my post out on the right threat  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: