Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:00:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't Setup Antminer S3+  (Read 1177 times)
Mike9876 (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:35:34 PM

Hello, I recently purchased a Antminer S3+ and PSU. I'm trying to set it up for the first time. The Antminer website (192.168.1.99) doesn't work. I cannot connect to it. I get the error

Make sure you’ve got the right URL: http://192.168.1.99

How do I connect to the Antminer page? Do I have to allow the website to connect? I do not have Anti-Virus (using Windows Defender.) I'm using Windows 10 Technical Preview (IE is gone and Project Spartan replaces it.) How do I setup up my Miner? Please respond. Thanks
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 06:19:00 PM

What is your network protocol?  You need to make sure that you are on the 192.168.*.* in order to connect.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Mike9876 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:41:59 PM

Hi, Thanks for the reply. How do I find my network protocol?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:02:10 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 08:49:43 PM by Amph

Hi, Thanks for the reply. How do I find my network protocol?

general manual for antminer, it should be about the same for all models, under network->interface->lan

https://bitmaintech.com/files/download/AntMiner%20S1%20Manual_EN.pdf
Mike9876 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:38:13 PM

Hi, My miner doesn't have an IP Address on the front. Is there another Manual? I'll keep reading... Is there any other way to set it up?
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 09:27:25 PM

Basically I'm asking you what the IP address of your computer is.  If it starts with anything other than 192.168.1... then you won't be able to see the S3+ because by default the Antminers use the 192.168.1.* range.

If you have an IP address that starts with 192.168.1... then you could try logging into your router to see what the IP addresses of all the devices on your network are and try to identify the Antminer that way.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Mike9876 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:40:09 PM

Ok, my IP starts with 68....What should I do?
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2015, 11:03:53 PM

Ok, my IP starts with 68....What should I do?
That's likely your public IP... Let's ask a more basic question... What is your internet setup?  For example do you plug your computer directly into the modem or do you have wireless and a bunch of things sharing a single connection (phone, tablet, etc)

Mike9876 (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:30:05 PM

I've got a Desktop plugged into a Router using an Ethernet Cable. There's my Laptop (which is what I'm on) connected wireless to the Router. I want to use the Laptop for mining because the Desktop only has 1 Ethernet Input and I need that for Internet. There's also another Laptop (all 3 sharing the Router.) Also, the Router has a built in Modem.
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 05:15:55 AM

I've got a Desktop plugged into a Router using an Ethernet Cable. There's my Laptop (which is what I'm on) connected wireless to the Router. I want to use the Laptop for mining because the Desktop only has 1 Ethernet Input and I need that for Internet. There's also another Laptop (all 3 sharing the Router.) Also, the Router has a built in Modem.

First you need to change your computer ip address to 192.168.1.10
Then connect the miner directly to your computer using ethernet cable. With that you can access the miner configuration page to set the proper network  setting based on your network [refix.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 02:28:08 PM

OK... firstly, you don't need either your desktop or your laptop for mining.  The S3+ takes care of it all for you.  The only time you'll need either the desktop or laptop is when you are looking at the web interface to do things like make configuration changes.  You won't plug your miner into either your desktop or your laptop, but rather your router/modem.

So... does your router/modem have multiple network cable ports in it?  I know you say you plug your desktop directly into it and use your laptop and other gadgets wirelessly.  Have you tried directly connecting your S3+ to the router if it does?

Mike9876 (OP)

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:48:26 PM

Hi. My Router does have multiple Ethernet ports. I've got my miner connected. How do I change my IP Address?
Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 07:11:14 AM

Hi. My Router does have multiple Ethernet ports. I've got my miner connected. How do I change my IP Address?

if you are on windows.. use this guide https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=702653.0
this part below:

4) Configuration (top)
The S3 is standalone and does not require an external controller.

Wiring:
Prepare the paper clip for the PSU's 24 pin connector.
Plug in the four PCI-E cables to the miner.
Plug in an ethernet cable from the AntMiner to you router.

Configuration:
Power on the power supply using its switch at the back.
Make sure that your router's subnet is 1, ie 192.168.1.x. If not then change it to 1, this is just temporary. ***If this is not possible, see below***
Using a browser, navigate to 192.168.1.99 - this goes to the S3's configuration page.
Login using "root" as both the username and password.
Navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> WAN -> Edit.
Change protocol to DHCP and click "Save & Apply".
Using a browser, navigate to your router and find the IP it has assigned the S3 and navigate to that IP.
Navigate to the page Status -> Miner Configuration. Enter your pool information in the below format.
Select "Beeper ringing" to "false" and click "Save & Apply".
Navigate to the page "Miner Status" to check mining has started.
You can then change your router subnet back to whatever you are used to using.

Alternative Subnet Change:
Unplug your computer from all internet sources.
Plug in an ethernet cable from the AntMiner to your computer.
Navigate to Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Centre -> Change Adapter Settings.
Right click on your ethernet adapter -> Properties.
Click on "Internet Protocol Version 4" and click properties.
Select "Use the following IP address" and enter the following:
IP Address: 192.168.1.1, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Default Gateway: 192.168.1.99.
Plug in an ethernet cable from the AntMiner to you router.
Restart the configuration instructions as above.
Zich
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 05:33:24 AM

First you need to change your computer ip address to 192.168.1.10
Then connect the miner directly to your computer using ethernet cable. With that you can access the miner configuration page to set the proper network  setting based on your network [refix.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: