Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:40:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Dimensions of Capital  (Read 731 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 05:42:44 PM

I found this yesterday and meant to post it then, but the Pirate fiasco got the better of me. The whole article is rather fascinating and somewhat out of reach of my full understanding, hence posting here and thus learning from the brainiacs on this forum who know more than I. I opted to use the hr-bar oppose to quote tags for readability.

http://lebleu.org/blog/2012/04/30/multidimensional-value-and-the-future-of-transactions/

We may soon realize that the things that didn’t make sense economically only didn’t because we were making economic calculus with very limited information.

Here are Lazlo’s 10 dimensions of capital.

1. Natural capital: the raw materials we use as input in our industrial processes and the affordances1 they provide

2. Manufactured capital: the finished products to which we ascribe market value

3. Financial capital: the monetary repre- sentation of market value

4. Technological capital: the implements and methods of doing or making that extend human capability

5. Intellectual capital: the knowledge and know-how that support human activity and innovation

6. Human capital: the health and well- being of a productive and creative population

7. Social capital: the coherence and func- tionality of relationships in a commu- nity and the foundation of trust that underlies them

8. Cultural capital: the lifeways and tradi- tions that characterize a society or social group

9. Ecosystemic capital: the biodiversity and biotic robustness of a bioregion

10. Evolutionary capital: the potential for a course of action to be ongoingly emer- gent, regenerative and opportunity increasing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: