Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:07:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoin at or below spot  (Read 2617 times)
aviationluver (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 10:43:32 PM

Hello,

I'm new to Bitcoin. Other than mining, does anyone know how to buy Bitcoin at or below spot? I've tried looking into Circle, Coinbase and btc-e, however, I'm not interested in those sites.

Thank you.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:30:01 PM

Go on localbitcoins and post your own offers to buy at spot or below to factor in whatever escrow fees. Or go on #bitcoin-otc IRC channel and make offers for spot. Sometimes I've sold coins at spot just to quickly turn them around.
biggus dickus

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:43:33 PM

You could pay the going rate on exchanges like Bitfinex or Bitstamp. If you want to pay less you could put a buy order on for less than the current price and hope the price drops and it gets filled.
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 12:17:07 AM

Well generally no exchanger would offer to sell coins at below or spot price. As for individuals you would have to be careful though if you get an offer that is too good. Unless it's a desperate situation something like that. You could still put up a buy order at exchangers though, it's just that you need to have the patience.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:23:12 AM

sometimes there are good trusted guy that sell below market price on the market section(because they need fast liquidity and the only way is to sell their btc fast enough, by devaluing them) , you may take a look there
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 04:56:54 PM

sometimes there are good trusted guy that sell below market price on the market section(because they need fast liquidity and the only way is to sell their btc fast enough, by devaluing them) , you may take a look there

High competition and this guy is new. No one will trust him.
Undermood
Legendary

Activity: 950
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:45:54 AM

High competition and this guy is new. No one will trust him.
There are a lot scams around here. Always remember to use escrow for your transactions.

╓▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄╖,
         ,▄██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▄,
        ▄████▀▀░░        ░╙▀▓███▓,
      ,███╣▒▒▒░░╓╖╖╖╖╖╖,░░░▒▒╢▓▓▓[
     ╓▓██▓▓▓███▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓╢▓▓▓▓
    ╖▒▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▓▓▓▓▒░,
   ╫▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▒               "▓▓▓▓▓▓  ╟
  ▐▓░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓╖              ▓▓▓▓▓▓░  ]
 ,▓▓░░░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▄           ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓`░░ ▐▓▌
 ╟▓▓▌░░░ ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓         ╓▓▓▓▓▓▓░░░░╓▓▓▓
 ╟▓▓▓▓   ░`▓▓▓▓▓▓,      ╟▓▓▓▓▓╜░░░░╓▓▓▓▓
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓,░ ░ ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖   ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒░╟▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓╖░   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌ ╓██████▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓`
   ╙▓▓▓▓▓▌  ░░╙▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓  ░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓███▓╢╣╢╢▓███▓█▀
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓@░░░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄░▒▒░▓▓▓▓▓▓██████▀▀
            ╙▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀`
InfinitusToken.io
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███

███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
██ ███
   ███
⚑⚑ Read our Whitepaper
⚑⚑ Medium ⚑⚑ Telegram
[/ta
Mayer Amschel

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:48:02 AM

I am going to comment on buying/selling BTC through PayPal.

If you want to buy, then it is fairly straight forward. Use escrow and wait for BTC to come in then release funds.

However, if you are the seller, just DONT use PayPal. As the buy can revert his payment AFTER receiving your BTC.

I lost 6k selling on PayPal.

- Mayer Amschel

Hours
Redrose

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:10:16 AM

I am going to comment on buying/selling BTC through PayPal.

If you want to buy, then it is fairly straight forward. Use escrow and wait for BTC to come in then release funds.

However, if you are the seller, just DONT use PayPal. As the buy can revert his payment AFTER receiving your BTC.

I lost 6k selling on PayPal.

- Mayer Amschel
sorry to hear that! Yes, we should be careful when trading through PP. When selling, we should trade with trustworthy ppl with low amount of money, which will reduce the reversing risk!
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 09:33:11 AM

Hello,

I'm new to Bitcoin. Other than mining, does anyone know how to buy Bitcoin at or below spot? I've tried looking into Circle, Coinbase and btc-e, however, I'm not interested in those sites.

Thank you.
No one will obviously sell you his bitcoin at a lower than the exchange price. The only way you can get that is by trading a different currency, say Skrill or Paypal for bitcoin. People usually sell bitcoin for a lower than bitstamp price for these.
TRLBitTrade

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:24:57 PM

Coinbase Exchange. Its really the only way to buy bitcoin instantly at or near the going exchange rate. You will need to load money to your US Dollar Wallet though and that takes a week to do unless you have a credit card. Regardless, once you have those funds you can go to the exchange part of coinbase and see real time deals going on and find the lowest deal close or below market value.
BTC2017

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 10:22:25 PM

Sometimes I've sold coins at spot just to quickly turn them around.

@ Moni3z,

If you are currently or at some future time wanting to sell at spot again?

Please PM me - I am looking for a bargain buy price right now.

Thanks in advance.
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 06, 2017, 07:22:58 AM

Hello,

Thank you.

If you are asking about other exchanges site who will give you below spot in bitcoin, perhaps you are only wasting your time because there are no exchanges that will give below the price they bought it, unless you have a friend will give what you need to whom you trusted for I think its possible.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 05:42:49 AM

Hello,

Thank you.
One on one or face to face trading in your local country or localbitcoin will be an alternative for you. Most of the localbitcoin traders sell bitcoin below prevailing market price. Just that when using those services remember to use escrow.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 07:45:57 AM

These exchanges will not deal with the you at your customized price.

You need to look for individuals who will not be having enough options to get paid for their bitcoin in their local currency. This type of people will be ready to sell their bitcoins below the spot price. (not just for local currency, people will sell bitcoins cheaply for some specific payment types too).

Buying bitcoin below spot prices is always possible. Just check with your friends and neighbors and more importantly in this forum's currency exchange section. I believe these are the only viable options in front of us.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2017, 09:29:28 AM

If you could wait for certain dumps well much better if you deposit your fiat on some certain exchangers out here and buy bitcoins from their if you can see tha bitcoins price are falling. I think ccex or poloniex have that feature but care to read more comments here so you would get more better answer from those people who tried to do that aswell.

--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 09:40:26 AM

Hello,

Thank you.
You can buy bitcoins through exchanges there are many reputable trading sites but wait for some dumps or low price before you buy because bitcoins price is too high now there is a posibility that it will go down for some time even a little but it worth to buy than buying at the highest peak.  Then look for some good advise or better where to buy bitcoins which you will have a compatibility to buy .
If you ask me I prefer go to a trading exchanges site to buy bitcoins using fiat money.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 10:17:59 AM

Hello,

Thank you.
Lots of places to buy bitcoin. You can search in some big exchange. But if you want to buy bitcoin from an exchange that comes from your country then you can see the list in localbitcoin. There you will find various bitcoin transactions that exist in every country.
jeraldskie11

Activity: 1260
Merit: 356

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:00:46 PM

Hello,

Thank you.
If you don't want to buy in those sites I offer you to buy in locabitcoins site. That is the only one that I know other than those written above. Bitcoin is a very stable movement currency, it will only pump not dump so I think, you need to buy now then earn profit tomorrow.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 07, 2017, 03:39:12 PM

Hello,

Thank you.
I hardly find it possible where you can get to buy it at below the spot because even if you post your offer and because ita an open market, I am sure someone is ready to bid higher which means you might not get to buy. Also, aside that, you also need to be weary of anyone who is willing to sell to you at below the normal price so you don't lose that little you have to scammers spread everywhere looking for who to devour of their hard earned resources.
bitcoin talk

Activity: 249
Merit: 12

Join us at slack https://bitcoin-talkers.slack.com

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:28:47 AM

go on #bitcoin-otc IRC channel
How do we access this channel from firefox?

freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:29:36 AM

go on #bitcoin-otc IRC channel
How do we access this channel from firefox?
Google the exact line. Smiley

I don't know what OP wants but you either open an order in exchanges and wait or you don't, no one will sell you unless you use escrow, unless you go to localbitcoins, there is a good reason why buying from exchanges is the most simple and convenient way to buy Bitcoin.

I'd suggest mine altcoins and then exchange them for Bitcoin in unregulated or even regulated services, many people tackled the issue of staying anonymous for privacy reasons by doing the same thing, you just need to buy a few GPUs.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 07:44:10 AM

You can buy bitcoin at the market rate through exchanges but below spot then you have to wait in exchanges or place order in below spot rate and if the market is in correction then you will get the price what you are waiting for. Other then that their is no way of getting in low rate
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: