Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:15:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW HERE..but old friend of bitcoins..  (Read 989 times)
DDOSbtc (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 03:21:53 AM

is this site ddos proof  ? Tongue
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 04:00:06 AM

Using forum search box would have returned also the answer  to your question; however, I can also reply you to help you: theymos, the admin here, said bitcointalk.org is not using Cloudflare but instead is using a DDoS protection that works at a lower level by sending, after filtering, user TCP traffic to the forum's server verbatim. Here, he explained the reason behind such a choice being due to user privacy concerns on the how to of Cloudflare workings.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
sandy47bt

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:10:34 AM

I think this site only use simple DDoS proof Roll Eyes
This forum already got DDoS attack many times Sad
Gultahin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

۩۞۩ secondstrade.com ★

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:47:47 AM

Altough it's not that common to encounter the site down due to DDoS, i think in those almost 2 years here, i haven't seen the site down for more than 10 minutes more than 10 times, so even with a simple protection they are dealing fine so far.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
scryptasicminer

Activity: 213
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 04:53:22 AM

No site is 100% ddos proof.
DDOSbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 05:07:53 AM

Using forum search box would have returned also the answer  to your question; however, I can also reply you to help you: theymos, the admin here, said bitcointalk.org is not using Cloudflare but instead is using a DDoS protection that works at a lower level by sending, after filtering, user TCP traffic to the forum's server verbatim. Here, he explained the reason behind such a choice being due to user privacy concerns on the how to of Cloudflare workings.

i have seen this site down many times..
and you are saying its ddos proof..
i think you should learn something from expresscoin.com this site can be down with simple ping also..
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 05:41:10 AM

i think you should learn something from expresscoin.com this site can be down with simple ping also..

Have seen this site down many times, when? Since a few hours ago?

You may just be kidding, or trolling, since the only downtime I have experienced since theymos started using the DDoS protection said above was the one when he took down the server to enable again user avatars.
However, If you will to complain or point out issues with such arrangement, you should do it by posting in Meta or PMing theymos directly.

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:06:38 AM

this is unusual question, it seems like you want to ddos it, there were some attempt of ddos in the past, but nothing really major, they were contained
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 06:13:44 AM

I think it is pretty well made.  If you want to do something and find something other then a scrypt kiddie, this forum actually pays if you find something.

So if you are looking for something do it proper and try to get the reward and turn it into forum do not attack it.  But no DDOS is not an attack you will get a reward forum.   
DDOSbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 06:37:34 AM

I think it is pretty well made.  If you want to do something and find something other then a scrypt kiddie, this forum actually pays if you find something.

So if you are looking for something do it proper and try to get the reward and turn it into forum do not attack it.  But no DDOS is not an attack you will get a reward forum.   

i dont wanna ddos i am just asking it..
informative.. Undecided
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 03:29:44 PM

Have seen this site down many times, when? Since a few hours ago?

You may just be kidding, or trolling, since the only downtime I have experienced since theymos started using the DDoS protection said above was the one when he took down the server to enable again user avatars.
However, If you will to complain or point out issues with such arrangement, you should do it by posting in Meta or PMing theymos directly.
It's obvious the guy is an alt of some guy who knows the community pretty well already. Either he has been banned and has started a new account or is just in the mood of spamming.
Also , when after the avatar the site was down. There was a Ddos attack , theymos never took down the server.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:36:20 AM

Because privacy concerns and then releasing private messages of users to goverment? Shocked
I don't understand that
xSquid

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:43:53 AM

Judging by yourname seems you have bad intentions. Hope admin can check your accounts if involve in any illegal activity
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 07:17:02 PM

OP, don't worry, we trust our Mods and admins so much that whether someone tries and attacks with full force, even then we do have faith that the community only will win and not those DDoSers....

There might have had been such attacks in past, but we know that admins are working so much for the betterment of the forum...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: