Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:52:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama on reddit  (Read 1909 times)
vampire (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 08:45:46 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1c9z/i_am_barack_obama_president_of_the_united_states

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Coincomm

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 08:52:03 PM

Booooo
Coincomm

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:24:08 PM

Correction: Obama destroyed Reddit. Tongue

It couldn't handle the whole nation.
freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:34:18 PM

I wonder how he's going to handle the inevitable questions regarding his drug policies, wars, etc.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 09:38:26 PM

I wonder how he's going to handle the inevitable questions regarding his drug policies, wars, etc.

If you ask the wrong question you get droned.

bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:51:34 PM

I lost my big sister to cancer exactly 3 months ago. If it weren't for some of the laws you helped create, she would have left her husband millions of dollars in debt. Because of those laws, she was able to fight it with every possible treatment we could find without worrying about where we would get the money.

Interesting.
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:52:05 PM

I also liked when he sad "a asteroid" and got grammar nazied
TehZomB

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:54:27 PM

I also liked when he sad "a asteroid" and got grammar nazied

good ol' reddit
koin
Legendary

Activity: 873
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:57:37 PM

Seems to be quite a long gap between the president's Reddit updates. Has someone shown him the 'girls gone bitcoin' thread?
  https://twitter.com/solobasssteve/status/240913664201351168
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 09:57:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WWKG6ZmgAX4#t=11s

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 10:04:27 PM

Booooo

"Don't boo -- vote!"  That is, vote him out.  If only the most likely alternative were any better.

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
freeAgent

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:10:43 PM

It appears that the strategy here is to avoid answering the hard questions.  Those questions are up there and have been skipped while others with fewer upvotes have answers.  I'll keep watching, but I'm not surprised.
scintill

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 10:15:50 PM

It appears that the strategy here is to avoid answering the hard questions.  Those questions are up there and have been skipped while others with fewer upvotes have answers.  I'll keep watching, but I'm not surprised.

Yep, I was wondering how we would dare exposing himself to a fearless, anonymous forum, but this is it -- respond only to easy questions, with platitudes.  For bonus coolness points, make meme references and promise to release the White House beer recipe.

Edit: OK, he has some decently specific answers, but yeah, avoided the real questions.

CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:23:19 PM

I bet Obama didn't strike a single key. That was all speech writer fluff.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 10:25:14 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2012, 10:50:27 PM by Snapman

NO, You GUYS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH BITCOIN,

OBAMA MADE IT, AND RAN IT, AND HES EVEN SINGLE HANDEDLY KEEPING THE NETWORK AFLOAT WITH HIS HIDDEN ROOM OF MINERS UNDER THE WHITE HOUSE.

EDIT: Same with reddit, obama is allowing the owners to run it....

And that road you guys took to work this morning..... guess who...... Yep, obama made that too....

More Added: just read a few statements from that posting, that douche straight out danced around answering the questions. Love how the 1st "answered" poster used the term "FREEDOM" instead of privacy, makes me think all the questions he did answer came from preapproved co-intel shit pieces.

The REREEdit: I hope you guys arent complete tards and actually know when your getting conned ..... nvm that was foolish for me to assume. For those that know dick about politics, any word that comes out of his month (or typed like in this bullshit pr stunt) comes prewritten (by speechwriters) and preapproved, passed on to mr commander in chief through little plastic digital panels we like to call "teleprompters". He never means what he actually says, somebody just has a decent writer following close by, hell they even have written down when his voice needs to strain or when a tear needs to drop.

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
terrytibbs

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 10:49:06 PM

Scumbag Obama: Does AMA - answers ten questions
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 10:55:44 PM

Scumbag Obama: Does AMA - answers ten questions

scumbag.memegenerator.net crashes under the pressure of Redditors trying to make scumbag Obama memes.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 10:58:23 PM
Last edit: August 29, 2012, 11:27:01 PM by Snapman

I did one better...

"Stop being a fraud president, stop reading teleprompters, stop accepting bribes, stop shipping guns to mexico, stop with your drone army.
Just stop already, do this country a soild and leave."

Added: I found this one post that summed all that bullshit up..

Hello, Mr. Soetero-- Can you tell us all why you answer such stupid fluff like "Who's your favorite basketball player?" and "What's the first thing you'll do on Nov. 2nd?" but you ignore questions about SOPA/PIPA, the drug wars, suicides among our servicemen and women, the shutting down of legal medical marijuana clinics and a myriad of other IMPORTANT topics of today??
I'm surprised you haven't disclosed your position boxers or briefs.

So many sheeple, makes me sick... its as pathetic as the way people acted when pirate showed up in his channel, with the roadies just juggling his balls in their mouths...Well its the same here, weakminded individuals rule the net, and praise him as he takes a shit in their mouths, doesnt even warn them to boot.

SOMEHOW, people on there still believe he's for an open net and for legalization, even thought hes done the COMPLETE opposite since invading the oval office. Being PIPA & SOPAs little bitch, while closing down dispensaries all over the states, come on you meatbags wake the fuck up already before you take us down with you.

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
freeAgent

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 11:51:16 PM

I did one better...

"Stop being a fraud president, stop reading teleprompters, stop accepting bribes, stop shipping guns to mexico, stop with your drone army.
Just stop already, do this country a soild and leave."

Added: I found this one post that summed all that bullshit up..

Hello, Mr. Soetero-- Can you tell us all why you answer such stupid fluff like "Who's your favorite basketball player?" and "What's the first thing you'll do on Nov. 2nd?" but you ignore questions about SOPA/PIPA, the drug wars, suicides among our servicemen and women, the shutting down of legal medical marijuana clinics and a myriad of other IMPORTANT topics of today??
I'm surprised you haven't disclosed your position boxers or briefs.

So many sheeple, makes me sick... its as pathetic as the way people acted when pirate showed up in his channel, with the roadies just juggling his balls in their mouths...Well its the same here, weakminded individuals rule the net, and praise him as he takes a shit in their mouths, doesnt even warn them to boot.

SOMEHOW, people on there still believe he's for an open net and for legalization, even thought hes done the COMPLETE opposite since invading the oval office. Being PIPA & SOPAs little bitch, while closing down dispensaries all over the states, come on you meatbags wake the fuck up already before you take us down with you.

Can I get a permalink?  I need to vote you up Wink
scintill

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 06:41:47 PM

reddit user does the math and finds one of obama's softballs was made by a user that wrote a paragraph in 6 seconds, and is a former DOJ intern.

freeAgent

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:09:07 PM

Haha, it turns out I went to school with hmlee and recognize her.  She confirmed that you found her on her Facebook profile (I'm not friends with her, but we share mutual friends and her profile is pretty open).  She claims that two reporters have already contacted her about it, but it doesn't look like she was planted by the Obama campaign.  This is one of the reporters who interviewed her: http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/president-obama-planted-reddit-ama-question-conspiracy/
scintill

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 07:15:32 PM

Haha, it turns out I went to school with hmlee and recognize her.  She confirmed that you found her on her Facebook profile (I'm not friends with her, but we share mutual friends and her profile is pretty open).  She claims that two reporters have already contacted her about it, but it doesn't look like she was planted by the Obama campaign.  This is one of the reporters who interviewed her: http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/president-obama-planted-reddit-ama-question-conspiracy/

Haha, that's cool.  Yeah, I wasn't totally buying into the conspiracy theory, but it is an interesting set of coincidences.  The TL;DR is:

I heard about the AMA a few minutes prior to it going live and couldn’t get my account to login. I knew that if I didn’t get a question submitted in a hurry, it’d probably get lost in the shuffle. So I decided to just create a new account. I typed up my question in notepad prior to copy/pasting it into reddit.

Sounds reasonable.

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: