Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2024, 11:25:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama on reddit  (Read 1914 times)
freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:09:07 PM

Haha, it turns out I went to school with hmlee and recognize her.  She confirmed that you found her on her Facebook profile (I'm not friends with her, but we share mutual friends and her profile is pretty open).  She claims that two reporters have already contacted her about it, but it doesn't look like she was planted by the Obama campaign.  This is one of the reporters who interviewed her: http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/president-obama-planted-reddit-ama-question-conspiracy/
scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 07:15:32 PM

Haha, it turns out I went to school with hmlee and recognize her.  She confirmed that you found her on her Facebook profile (I'm not friends with her, but we share mutual friends and her profile is pretty open).  She claims that two reporters have already contacted her about it, but it doesn't look like she was planted by the Obama campaign.  This is one of the reporters who interviewed her: http://www.digitaltrends.com/social-media/president-obama-planted-reddit-ama-question-conspiracy/

Haha, that's cool.  Yeah, I wasn't totally buying into the conspiracy theory, but it is an interesting set of coincidences.  The TL;DR is:

I heard about the AMA a few minutes prior to it going live and couldn’t get my account to login. I knew that if I didn’t get a question submitted in a hurry, it’d probably get lost in the shuffle. So I decided to just create a new account. I typed up my question in notepad prior to copy/pasting it into reddit.

Sounds reasonable.

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: