Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:17:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Any hosting site which accepts BTC as payment  (Read 1429 times)
DDOSbtc (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 07:55:31 AM

hi ..
i want to know hosting site(windows) which accepts btc as payment,let me know the best,please explain in detail.. Undecided
Sarthak

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 07:57:37 AM

You may want to check Namecheap.com
They accept bitcoin but I don't know if its compulsory to buy a domain with them to host!
If you want free hosting : www.2freehosting.com is the best Grin

Edit: What do you want to host exactly?

Aggressor66

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:20:49 AM

hi ..
i want to know hosting site(windows) which accepts btc as payment,let me know the best,please explain in detail.. Undecided

DigitalOcean, but they don't accept BTC  Sad
I would recommend https://www.bitronictech.net/bitcoin-vps.php
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 08:25:17 AM

i know about cinfu, which i used and it's a great service, they have a thread here, perhaps the only downside is their price
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:09:53 AM

I currently use Dreamhost's shared hosting service for all of my web hosting needs. They've been excellent so far but they don't accept Bitcoin, unfortunately. Sad

You might remember from back in 2014 when Mt. Gox was beginning to collapse and halted trading/withdrawals, that the original founder of Dreamhost created a site called Bitcoinbuilder.com which let people sell the coins that they had kept in the exchange to those who were willing to take the risk of Mt. Gox collapsing. That person was Josh Jones. He left Dreamhost before the Mt. Gox incident and founded a new web hosting company called Chunkhost:

Josh Jones has been a serial entrepreneur with an unbelievable track record. Since founding (and eventually leaving) DreamHost, he has also founded epubbud.com, bitcoinbuilder.com, and many other ventures that are all making money. His advice has been invaluable to the business.

I've never used them but they do offer a 5% discount if you pay via Bitcoin. They seem to specialize in VPS hosting and since most of my experience so far has been with shared hosting, I'm not sure if they're good or not from reading their plans but they might be worth checking out:

http://www.chunkhost.com/
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:23:52 AM

Visit TheBitcoinPage http://www.thebitcoinpage.com/
It lists a couple of hosting sites which accept Bitcoin as payment option.
DDOSbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2015, 09:29:37 AM

They accept bitcoin but I don't know if its compulsory to buy a domain with them to host!

actually i wanna host a faucet rotator  that i have made..
suggest me a free domain company thats looks decent not chepo type... Smiley
Sarthak

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:35:48 AM

Just use any of these extensions:
 .TK / .ML / .GA / .CF

All of them are free Smiley

nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 09:44:13 AM

.TK / .ML / .GA / .CF

If you are so much interested in free extensions domains, why not try out https://getdotbit.com/
You will get your first .bit domain for free and then $1 afterwards for all domains, ain't that a nice deal?
Also, these domains will look much better as compared to the ones you mentioned. Wink
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:18:18 AM

If you are so much interested in free extensions domains, why not try out https://getdotbit.com/
You will get your first .bit domain for free and then $1 afterwards for all domains, ain't that a nice deal?
Also, these domains will look much better as compared to the ones you mentioned. Wink

Has getdotbit.com been operational ? I can see the site is running and found bitcoin.bit is already taken. But, when I tried to reach bitcoin.bit through my browser, it failed.

Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:18:36 AM

.TK / .ML / .GA / .CF

Just a note: Those .bit domains are Namecoin domains. You will need to install a plugin for your browser (either Firefox or Chrome) for it to resolve .bit domains. Your site visitors will also need to do the same.

.bit domains can actually be registered for much cheaper than $1. However, the process for doing so is very complicated and involves downloading a copy of namecoind or Namecoin-Qt and the NMC blockchain. Namecoin is pretty cheap right now and 1 NMC can pay the registration fees for many domains. Unfortunately, it also means that many domains in the .bit namespace are already taken.
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 10:28:55 AM

Just a note: Those .bit domains are Namecoin domains. You will need to install a plugin for your browser (either Firefox or Chrome) for it to resolve .bit domains. Your site visitors will also need to do the same.

.bit domains can actually be registered for much cheaper than $1. However, the process for doing so is very complicated and involves downloading a copy of namecoind or Namecoin-Qt and the NMC blockchain. Namecoin is pretty cheap right now and 1 NMC can pay the registration fees for many domains. Unfortunately, it also means that many domains in the .bit namespace are already taken.

Does it mean that .bit domains will never be available on normal browser like .com ? If that is the case, then it will turn into another heaven for underground sites like .onion.

Sarthak

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 12:38:26 PM

Has getdotbit.com been operational ? I can see the site is running and found bitcoin.bit is already taken. But, when I tried to reach bitcoin.bit through my browser, it failed.

I searched for facebook.bit! It told "The domain is available"!
And when I clicked "Add to cart", it said "The domain is already taken!"
Did you guys have any problems like this?

Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:15:03 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 12:36:14 AM by Lorenzo

Does it mean that .bit domains will never be available on normal browser like .com ? If that is the case, then it will turn into another heaven for underground sites like .onion.

No browser currently supports .bit domains out of the box and to the best of my knowledge, none have any plans of doing so. Microsoft, Google, Mozilla, Opera, and Apple could choose to make their browsers support .bit domains by default if they wanted to but this would only really happen if Namecoin becomes more popular. I guess it's a bit of a catch 22 situation.

.onion sites are useful because they exist on the Tor network. Because of the way the Tor network is designed, it is difficult for authorities to shut down the servers which host Tor sites and identify their owners. .bit domains don't have their own network. The Namecoin blockchain is really just a distributed public database containing DNS entries. You can choose to point these entries to anywhere you want, whether it be a website on Tor or one that is hosted on a traditional web hosting provider such as HostGator.

I searched for facebook.bit! It told "The domain is available"!
And when I clicked "Add to cart", it said "The domain is already taken!"
Did you guys have any problems like this?

If you want to see which .bit domains are available and which ones are taken, try this website:

http://www.dotbit.me/

It's weird nobody know about http://www.domains4bitcoins.com/
I heard it's very popular, even when you search "bitcoin domain" that site will show up at second place

They don't seem to offer web hosting though. After registering a domain, the OP would need to find another company to actually host their website. This shouldn't be a big deal however since it's recommended to keep your domain and web hosting providers separate anyway.
Mt. Gox

Activity: 350
Merit: 118

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:19:22 AM

These guys were advertising in the services section a few days ago:

http://www.ogohosting.net/

I've never heard of them but their prices look quite cheap and they also accept BTC:

OGOHosting is offering Premium Shared Hosting In New York With DDoS Protection. We strive to provide 5-star support.

Features:
  • cPanel/WHM Powered Servers
  • LiteSpeed Web Server
  • Softaculous
  • 99.9% Uptime Guarentee
  • Cloudlinux
  • PHP Selector
  • Sitebuilder
  • Online Webmail
  • DDoS Protected
  • CURL, ImageMagick, GD, PHP 5, MySQL 5, CGI, IonCube, Zend Optimizer and a lot more!

Shared Hosting Offers:
SH1
  • 1GB Disk
  • 10GB Bandwidth
  • 1 Hosted Domain
  • Unlimited Subdomains
  • Free Wildcard SSL
  • Originally $10/year
Order Now for a $1/year!
Coupon Code: SAVEBIG to receive your first year for a $1!

SH2
  • 5GB Disk
  • 100GB Bandwidth
  • 5 Hosted Domain
  • Unlimited Subdomains
  • Free Dedicated IP
  • Free Wildcard SSL
  • Originally $30/year
Order Now for $10/year!
Coupon Code: SAVE20 to receive your first year for a $10!

SH3
  • 10GB Disk
  • 1TB Bandwidth
  • 10 Hosted Domain
  • Unlimited Subdomains
  • Free Dedicated IP
  • Free Wildcard SSL
  • Originally $55/year
Order Now for $15/year!
Coupon Code: SAVE40 to receive your first year for a $15!

SH4
  • 20GB Disk
  • 2TB Bandwidth
  • Unlimited Hosted Domain
  • Unlimited Subdomains
  • Free Dedicated IP
  • Free Wildcard SSL
  • Originally $70/year
Order Now for $25/year FOR LIFE!
Coupon Code: SAVE45 to receive this plan for $25/year FOR LIFE!

Payment Methods:
PayPal
Bitcoin

Link to their main thread: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1037307

Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL) P.S. If anyone is reading this then please pray for me! [ www.chauljhin.com ]
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 12:35:33 PM

I think that they might not have updated the nameservers to their hosting services, this might also be a reason why we are not able to see it.
HardBoy

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 02:30:14 PM

hi ..

Are not you the criminal behind DD4BTC who attacked CEX.io, Bitalo and many other services ?

http://blog.cex.io/news/official-statement-on-the-last-weeks-ddos-attack-against-ghash-io-mining-pool-14156
DDOSbtc (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2015, 03:25:58 AM

thanks mam your suggestions were pretty simple..i used your hosting suggestion.... Undecided
Sarthak

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:32:09 AM

thanks mam your suggestions were pretty simple..i used your hosting suggestion.... Undecided

You're welcome Grin
That's not mam, I guess it was "man" Cheesy
Ya that was a preety simple one if you don't want to pay anything and it has so many features! That's why I love that site Grin
And by the way why was there a Undecided in the last? Huh

Sarthak

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 03:42:14 AM

hi ..

Are not you the criminal behind DD4BTC who attacked CEX.io, Bitalo and many other services ?

http://blog.cex.io/news/official-statement-on-the-last-weeks-ddos-attack-against-ghash-io-mining-pool-14156

If he was he wouldn't be asking here for any hosting site which accepts Bitcoin Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: