Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:56:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Deposit - Checked?  (Read 815 times)
1liquidninja (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2012, 09:56:36 PM

Does anyone know what it means that my deposit with Intersango is listed as checked?

Five days ago I did a Dwolla -> Intersango deposit and the deposit didn't show up in their system.  I opened a ticket and the support guy told me an administrator would need to look into it.  Yesterday my deposit finally showed up (the support ticket is still open) and was listed a pending review and then the status was changed to checked.

Today the deposit is still marked as checked, I have no access to the funds, and have two open support tickets.  One asking them what checked means and the needs admin action one from a few days ago.

I'm starting to get concerned that my money is stuck in Intersango limbo.  My first dealing with them took a couple of hours to clear (also from Dwolla).  This one's going on a week.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3649
Merit: 1412

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 01:05:01 PM

I don't get, why people are still using Intersango at all.
You can't trust those "security experts" with your money, they fucked everyone dealing with the Bitcoinica-disaster, not even trying to pay anything back.

If you're sending them your money, be prepared to lose it.
WikileaksDude

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 01:12:39 PM

I don't get, why people are still using Intersango at all.
You can't trust those "security experts" with your money, they fucked everyone dealing with the Bitcoinica-disaster, not even trying to pay anything back.

If you're sending them your money, be prepared to lose it.
Wise words..

you get your money back or bitcoins.. I would recommend you to cashout and use Bitstamp.net

They are pretty much fast with everything.

Cheers.
1liquidninja (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 04:26:48 PM

I was using them because it's convenient.  My wife is in school and I generally don't have access to a car during banking hours.  So via Dwolla -> Intersango I could get bitcoins without leaving the house.

But yeah, I don't think I'll keep using them.  I have a wells fargo checking account.  If I could somehow make a straight deposit from that to an exchange that would be easiest.  But it sounds like I'll have to look into other options either via Dwolla or via direct deposit at a bank.
1liquidninja (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 04:51:17 PM

Update

Deposit just went through.

Apparently this was a mix of their system being way backed up and losing my order for four days and than three days of fraud protection limbo.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: